First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am having the same exact problem, and have been for the last 5k miles or so. Mine typically happens when the outside temperature is above 65 to 70 degrees. I agree with the group that this is most likely the slip-bump situation that the F-150's experience, but it is sometimes hard to duplicate which is making me reluctant to take it to the dealer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
235MW

235MW

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Ford Motor Company This is happening to many of us.... and of course, the dealer can never "duplicate" the problem.... SOLUTION @Ford Motor Company ????
Thank you for this post! This doesn’t happen at every stop for me, but at most stops, you can feel the bump. I can’t think this is “normal behavior.” If it is, I’m leaving Ford. I couldn’t get my Bronco in for service until October, but if I can get someone to ride with me, I guarantee they will notice. I’ll drive until they feel it. Sometimes it’s harder than other times, but it’s there often enough it should be noticed.

OP
OP
235MW

235MW

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am having the same exact problem, and have been for the last 5k miles or so. Mine typically happens when the outside temperature is above 65 to 70 degrees. I agree with the group that this is most likely the slip-bump situation that the F-150's experience, but it is sometimes hard to duplicate which is making me reluctant to take it to the dealer.
This doesn’t happen at every stop for me, but at most stops, you can feel the bump. I can’t think this is “normal behavior.” If it is, I’m leaving Ford. I couldn’t get my Bronco in for service until October, but if I can get someone to ride with me, I guarantee they will notice. I’ll drive until they feel it. Sometimes it’s harder than other times, but it’s there often enough it should be noticed.

HPR23Wildling

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Y, 2012 BMW 335is vert
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
100 miles - felt it twice so far - 2023 Wildtrak 2.7

:confused:

OP
OP
235MW

235MW

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
100 miles - felt it twice so far - 2023 Wildtrak 2.7

:confused:
I think we overlook and dismiss things initially, just thinking it’s “how things are.” It’s a sinking feeling once I realize there’s something wrong that won’t likely be remedied quickly. Then, if it IS a drive shaft design issue, won’t the new drive shaft do the exact same thing? 😒

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone tried the driveshaft repair kit from Ford on a Bronco?
Seems like a fairly easy fix.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it’s normal. It’s an off road vehicle with very flexible suspension and driveline. Doesn’t bother me in the least

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think it’s normal. It’s an off road vehicle with very flexible suspension and driveline. Doesn’t bother me in the least
I understand your opinion, but if it was normal, Ford wouldn't had developed a fix for it.
I don't like the impact that the drivetrain components is receiving every time the vehicle stops and accelerates.
It may be more noticeable in the 2 doors with the SAS package due to the shorter chassis and the large change in geometry.

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Had this bump since day one and even had the drive shaft (I think the front) replaced back in ‘21, I’m now convinced that’s just how it is because it does not cause any actual problems. I don’t even notice it anymore. 54k miles now.

Sean6365

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor, 08 Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My Braptor just hit 10K and it just started, kinda annoying though since it hasn't done it until now.
Sponsored