MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know that they are selling for a lot but I don’t believe there in NO ONE that would trade for a soft top. I do agree that they are harder to come by but I do think the soft top is way better than the hard top. The soft top is way more versatile and looks way better in the summer. I am looking for one because I am in Colorado and would like one for the winter. The soft top held up fine in winter though.
I follow Craigslist and FB Marketplace daily, get updates if anyone posts any Bronco part with-in 100 miles of me, been doing this for years. Cheapest I've seen a hard-top is $5500, never seen a soft-top actually sold for over $1500, generally about $1000. With anything Craigslist, you may luck out and find someone who has no idea what they have is worth. No matter the versatility or replacement costs on a top, looking for someone to swap something that generally sells for $6500 for a $1000 item, is a tough sell.
Sponsored

WiscoBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 door Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Installed the retro script badges two days ago, they look so damn good. Why did ford ship the bronco with what amounts to glorified stickers instead of this?!
Ford Bronco Single best modification you've made on your Bronco!? IMG_5637

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I follow Craigslist and FB Marketplace daily, get updates if anyone posts any Bronco part with-in 100 miles of me, been doing this for years. Cheapest I've seen a hard-top is $5500, never seen a soft-top actually sold for over $1500, generally about $1000. With anything Craigslist, you may luck out and find someone who has no idea what they have is worth. No matter the versatility or replacement costs on a top, looking for someone to swap something that generally sells for $6500 for a $1000 item, is a tough sell.
meh - the average price for soft top around me is around $1500

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here are a couple, powder coated 1st Gen script emblems, and a custom made rear license plate frame.
Ford Bronco Single best modification you've made on your Bronco!? 20230119_195812
Ford Bronco Single best modification you've made on your Bronco!? 20230503_173109

20230503_173109.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brian514

Brian514

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh yea I agree. I don’t see it being a straight swap. I’ve seen trades that involved a couple grand on top. That’s kind of what I’m looking for. I have a guy that would make a trade plus cash but he was selling the car soon so he wanted to wait.

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh yea I agree. I don’t see it being a straight swap. I’ve seen trades that involved a couple grand on top. That’s kind of what I’m looking for. I have a guy that would make a trade plus cash but he was selling the car soon so he wanted to wait.
I found mine for $5k on Craigslist. Brand new taken off at the dealership. I kept the soft top because I’m loving the ability to swap the factory tops for the appropriate seasons. It’s much easier to switch with the OEM soft top as all the hardware stays put.

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Currently my favorite mod has been adding OEM signature LED headlights to my Black Diamond.

I have a few other goodies - light bar, grille letters and other smaller components sitting waiting on installation I just need the time and weather to do it.

I like the IAG soft top struts but I have experienced that it is a lot harder for my top to lock down and for the reinstall of the window panels. The buckling is now a pain as well and I am debating taking them off.
Trick for me with the IAG struts and the buckling is to leave the top in position 1/sunrider when putting the windows back on. Much more flexible than all the way in place.

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1655338872552.png

1655338898045.png

I always keep a hat on my dash and in my F150 there is storage area top center that keeps it in place. Not so much on the Bronco and my hat always slides from side to side and I almost lost one out the door now that they are off. Not anymore.

Patent pending so don't be stealing my idea.
Would love to see these photos as a place to put my (always present) hat is still something I'm working on with my Bronco.

BD6G

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Trick for me with the IAG struts and the buckling is to leave the top in position 1/sunrider when putting the windows back on. Much more flexible than all the way in place.
Awesome thanks for the tip I’ll definitely try that out next time.

Sponsored

Niftysnail

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most useful so far would be my winch since it saved my house when cutting down a tree I might have misjudged the lean of. My favorites are my jrc rear window molle panels and bolt on bull bar.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The problem is, most people with a hardtop that want a soft top are going to keep the hard top and buy a soft top to go with it, the modularity is nice to have. Hardtops are expensive and difficult to find, which means people are going to want to hold onto theirs even if they don't care for it all that much, unless they got a trash top that they're trying to offload...in which case, buyer beware. Check it real good for cracks and other damage or fitment issues before you make any kind of deal.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would love to see these photos as a place to put my (always present) hat is still something I'm working on with my Bronco.
Don't get to excited. It is just a clothes pin with a bolt, lol.

Ford Bronco Single best modification you've made on your Bronco!? 1683685844944

Ford Bronco Single best modification you've made on your Bronco!? 1683685875642

Hope those pics worked for ya.

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trailrax Rotopax side mount has to be my favorite so far. Use mine to carry water in the summer.
Ford Bronco Single best modification you've made on your Bronco!? 1683685875642
Awesome to see! Thanks for the kind words. See you on the trails!
Sponsored