First Name
GARY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TR6(x10)TR4A(x2)SpitfireVOLVO245DLBMWE36M3RAM1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 Door Badlands manual with Leaking Rear Transmission Seal @less than 1600 miles HERE.. Anyway just venting.... I carefully took apart the plastic cover of the REAR seat belt receptacle and carefully removed the gizmo and wire intact. I was careful to route the wire and trouble making gizmo under and behind driver side interior panel where it is protected. Quiet as a mouse - no trouble codes. I knew of the diode option. It is probably the better option. As taking the plastic case apart without hurting it is not for everyone. I know I can put mine back together if need be. Have had the rear seats out since 2 days after bringing it home. Nothing better to do on a perfectly good Saturday in June. I was not going diode shopping. I purchased from FORD the FOUR DOOR CARGO MAT for my 2 door bronco. Fits good as long as rear seats are in the storage closet. It's just longer than 2 door cargo mat. Made a template of rear area . And cut out a universal truck bed mat that covers area under rear seat and forward to passenger floor foot well. Wanted something tough to protect factory badlands rubberized floor cover. Cut out thick rubber/ carpet plugs to fill in around seat mounting studs where former rear seat frame made contact with painted floor as well. Bought from ACE hardware plastic plugs for the floor seat bolt holes. I topped it off with a Black Carhartt FIRM DUCK SHERPA -LINED THROW MODEL # pb0284 Dimensions 59.5 x 45.5>> think dog blanket. It is a little wide and a little long. Consult your tape measure. Very happy with it. Amazon about $110. I liked it so much I bought 2 more. One in the Bronco, one in the wash, and one still in the wrapper. I rolled up the shoulder harness in such a way the seat belt buckle hides behind the plastic panel. All is secured to roll cage neatly with zipties. No rattles nothing loose and still at the ready if I really need to bolt the seats back in. Home made mat and bolt area filler plugs pl come out - seats bolt back in. Leaving gizmo and wire tucked away behind panel. Cheers gary
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why am I here....
Because you use your seat belt? If you didn't maybe you wouldn't be......here or anywhere. The 3 seconds it takes are those close calls that otherwise would have been you. Not you personally but anyone in general

RestAssured

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passatā€”>Honda Odysseyā€”>???
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 Door Badlands manual with Leaking Rear Transmission Seal @less than 1600 miles HERE.. Anyway just venting.... I carefully took apart the plastic cover of the REAR seat belt receptacle and carefully removed the gizmo and wire intact. I was careful to route the wire and trouble making gizmo under and behind driver side interior panel where it is protected. Quiet as a mouse - no trouble codes. I knew of the diode option. It is probably the better option. As taking the plastic case apart without hurting it is not for everyone. I know I can put mine back together if need be. Have had the rear seats out since 2 days after bringing it home. Nothing better to do on a perfectly good Saturday in June. I was not going diode shopping. I purchased from FORD the FOUR DOOR CARGO MAT for my 2 door bronco. Fits good as long as rear seats are in the storage closet. It's just longer than 2 door cargo mat. Made a template of rear area . And cut out a universal truck bed mat that covers area under rear seat and forward to passenger floor foot well. Wanted something tough to protect factory badlands rubberized floor cover. Cut out thick rubber/ carpet plugs to fill in around seat mounting studs where former rear seat frame made contact with painted floor as well. Bought from ACE hardware plastic plugs for the floor seat bolt holes. I topped it off with a Black Carhartt FIRM DUCK SHERPA -LINED THROW MODEL # pb0284 Dimensions 59.5 x 45.5>> think dog blanket. It is a little wide and a little long. Consult your tape measure. Very happy with it. Amazon about $110. I liked it so much I bought 2 more. One in the Bronco, one in the wash, and one still in the wrapper. I rolled up the shoulder harness in such a way the seat belt buckle hides behind the plastic panel. All is secured to roll cage neatly with zipties. No rattles nothing loose and still at the ready if I really need to bolt the seats back in. Home made mat and bolt area filler plugs pl come out - seats bolt back in. Leaving gizmo and wire tucked away behind panel. Cheers gary
Gonna need some picsā€¦

CM81

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well if a crash doesn't kill you I hope you enjoy pissing into foley bag, crapping in your diaper, never leaving a bed and having family members feed you after you have a c-spine injury

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've removed the rear seat belts. removed the buckle side and then removed the retractable side as well. I also removed the side impact airbags. For those that can't comprehend, this is for half cab pickup modifications.

I tried the above mentioned gizmo from buckle side, and plugged the doohicky back in and still get codes. I went on forescan using f150 codes and changed the asbuilt in the occupant classification area. I have removed a few codes but, still have a few. gonna try those resistors next.

eventually I will source new side airbags from a 2 dr ranger and install them for obvious reasons.

First Name
GARY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've removed the rear seat belts. removed the buckle side and then removed the retractable side as well. I also removed the side impact airbags. For those that can't comprehend, this is for half cab pickup modifications.

I tried the above mentioned gizmo from buckle side, and plugged the doohicky back in and still get codes. I went on forescan using f150 codes and changed the asbuilt in the occupant classification area. I have removed a few codes but, still have a few. gonna try those resistors next.

eventually I will source new side airbags from a 2 dr ranger and install them for obvious reasons.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not saying you shouldnā€™t wear your seatbelt, but not in all situations is it the best to do. I rolled my Ford Ranger 4x4 way back in the 1990s. Itā€™s was very icy out and was driving very slow. Truck lost its grip and slid off the Highway down into a steep ditch. Rolled the truck 4 times and it crushed the cab down to the nearly the steering wheel. I wasnā€™t wearing seatbelt and broke my collar bone. Emergency crew that extracted me said lucky I didnā€˜t have my seatbelt on that time because would have broken my neck being strapped in. Instead my body moved to the side and broke collar bone. Just an FYI

First Name
GARY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely love your half cab project . Yes I was able to remove plastic cover from seat belt buckle without ruining it too badly. It went back together good enough to function without silly gizmo. Plugged gizmo back into harness and the annoying seat belt message went away. But what I did is not much different than just tucking the detached from the seat frame buckle under the mat. Didn't want my dogs having to lie on top of seat buckle. I have dogs so probably won't do a half cap top on my 2 door. They love the air conditioning and I love that they can't jump out. Maybe I need 2 Broncos . Yeah

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads