Sponsored

SAS ride quality on interstate highways?

SeptuagenarianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

90+ feels like nothing. Like, this thing shouldn't feel as comfortable as it is at those speeds.
I drive a Badlands Sas/4DR/Lux/Hardtop, and have nothing but praise for its highwayhandling. It's steady and smooth. Badlands is a heavier build, so my mileage suffers. I like the highway assists, as I'm pushing 77 and, as a life-long professional driver, am beginning to notice that some of those alerts and things are actually useful.

Utah Rte 132 is arrow-straight two lane, very good pavement, no cross-streets and hardly any traffic, and I drove at my 100mph limit for a straight 30 miles or so, and the Badlands Sas handled it smooth and steady.

I suggest you go Sas: 1) You're in a northern clime, so it'll be handy for winters, and 2) you may hear the call of the wild, and want to consider exploring off-roading. Badlands and Montana aren't too far from you--with Sas, you're all set to go.
Sponsored

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If you blindfolded me and plugged my ears... I could not tell the difference between my Sas Heritage and the Grand Cherokee Limited on the highway. The Bronco has more wind noise of course. The ride quality of the Sasquatch far better than I expected and the Wrangler 4xe I borrowed from my friend for a week.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To each their own. I think the seats are very comfortable.

I'm 6'2" 200 lbs.

I came from a Lexus GX 460 which is extremely comfortable.

I've owned many Volvos, which have the best seats in the industry.
I didn't have problems with the seats, but I just installed the 3/8" Desert Does It Seat Jackers.

That gave less of a straight up and down feel to the seats.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm curious, I see both the replies above own Black Diamond and Big Bend. You appear to have Outer Banks and I have Outer Banks. I LOVE the seats and my wife says it's the first vehicle I have that she could ride across country in. It's weird to me to hear people saying they suck.
Gas mileage isn't so much a concern, our Sport has never impressed me with its MPG.

One of my concerns is the gearing, the SAS says it has 4.7 gears? Being involved with Mustangs 3.73 was pretty standard so wouldn't a 4.7 make your RPM's crazy high on the interstate? Maybe im not understanding it correctly?
I have a 2021 OBX that I bought the 4.27/rear diff lock/4A option as a precaution in case I went to larger tires in the future. For $700 it was a no brainer. I am running the stock 32 in tires and will go to 33 in tires when ready for tire replacement. Due to the 10th gear overdrive ratio, I am only turning 2,000 rpms at 70 mph. I am a believer that todays increased engine power overrides lack of gearing that plagued earlier generations of vehicles.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2dr OBX Lux SAS. It's honestly nuts how smooth these can ride on the highway. You'll feel (and hear) strong crosswinds, but not much worse handling than your average pickup. It can feel a little squirrely taking curves at full speed, partly because my area makes every single overpass curved so you get a bump right before the tightest portion.

I've gotten it up to 90 without realizing it. At 80, I'll get 'hands on steering wheel' alerts because it's tracking too straight to require any input.

If I had to choose between the Bronco and Flex for highway driving, I'd still pick the Flex though, owing mostly to wind noise. But if your options are Bronco vs Bronco Sasquatch, get the Sasquatch.

Sponsored

Dave42

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch, 07 Chevy turbo diesel pickup
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sasquatch 2-door. No complaints (and I set my cruise-control at 80 on the interstate). I bought it for off-the-shelf off-road capability, but I need to drive 3-4 hours to get to a decent off-road park, and I'm really happy with the road-manners in a vehicle this sure-footed off-road.

STuff1

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 2 DR Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 2 door WT 2023 Sas and drive it on country roads and highway. Average 21.6 MPG so far and it drives fantastic on the HWY. I will say though that every SAS I’ve driven at the local dealer, even mine, has a vibration in the steering wheel (slight) between 45-65 mph. My dealer said it’s normal. All of there SAS models do this. It’s the tires as they are tough to balance perfectly. With that said, it’s still driving fantastic on the hwy. I tend to drive around 65-70 as once you go past that mileage goes down the drain to about 16-17. Drives way better on the hwy vs my jeeps or even gladiator. Not as well as say, a Lexus or Cadillac. :)
Sponsored