SIMPLEGRINN

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD BRONCO SASQUATCH 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update on rear tailgate door paint rubbing off. Ford paid to have rear tailgate door repainted and 3-4 months later it came back. Took into my local dealership and they said I needed to deal with the body shop for warranty worm. "To there surprise I had stopped by the body shop before going to the dealership and was advised to take it back to dealership as there is a defect.

Was able to get a copy of the TSB 23-2355 dated November 20th, 2023 which happened to come out just before the first repair was done on the rear tailgate door paint rubbing off.

Ford Motor Company provided financial assistance for this second repair "great". I shouldn't be having to pay anything except for all the rear tailgate seals I chose to replace due to wearing and grooving in the window seal at the bottom were it makes contact with the tailgate. Under warranty coverage should have taken place for all of this issue and having a TSB is my life saver as it came out just before the second repair under the warranty guide lines. Which, in return should have had rear tailgate door and hinges replaced and repainted.

If anyone can reach out to me in a private message and knows someone who can do a Algorithm showing how many Broncos are there having this similar issue it would help not just me in my situation. Everyone else going forward with the same issue as they don't want legal issues or more recalls.

Have a blessed day,
Joe

Ford Bronco Rear tailgate door paint rubbing off! 1000000645
Ford Bronco Rear tailgate door paint rubbing off! 1000000678
Ford Bronco Rear tailgate door paint rubbing off! 1000000679
Sponsored

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you referring to the rub marks on the weatherstripping with the red? Has that actually rubbed off the paint off the back of the tailgate? There is a clearcoat that should be between the paint color and the seal, but that paint looks like overspray not "rubbed" paint. The middle picture shows obvious rubbing marks in the seal, last picture is overspray.

OP
OP
SIMPLEGRINN

SIMPLEGRINN

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It is all caused by rubbing, yes it ward off the paint down to primer and metal.
I will try and provide a picture of the rear tailgate door before it got replaced and repainted. There is no over spray!
Thank you for your response and question.

OP
OP
SIMPLEGRINN

SIMPLEGRINN

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Rear tailgate door paint rubbing off! 1000000791
Ford Bronco Rear tailgate door paint rubbing off! 1000000792

These are identical pictures of the issue I'm having and found them in a thread on this website. I'll, try to get pictures of mine posted soon.
Joe

Sir915

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How long did this take to get to this point ?

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine looks the same.
I just roll with it.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's my .02. Take all of the hard top panels off and remove the locating pins on the cap. Reinstall the cap with 2 hold down screws loose. Move cap forward slightly, snug the two screws and notice if there's any difference in pressure on the rear seal. Continue this until there's some pressure on the seal but not smashing. Ideally, you'll have a new seal on before doing this.

I put a hard top on my '21 and transferred it to the '22 and now on my '23. The seal is smashed more on the '23 than the previous two but I've been too lazy to mess with. You may end up having to slightly slot the hold down holes on the cap and upper brackets but I think your issue is due to some tolerance stacking between the cap, glass, seal and gate. Looks like the gate adjustment is good so need to go after the other stuff and maybe try to split the difference.

Silly question. I assume they checked the top lip of the gate to make sure it wasn't assembled incorrectly or that the gate itself isn't messed up?

OP
OP
SIMPLEGRINN

SIMPLEGRINN

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How long did this take to get to this point ?
Well, it started 3-8-23
Issue with dealership and body shop
Fixed Thanksgiving last year and just had rear tailgate and hinges replaced 1 week ago. Low and behold it's coming back and I've ordered all new weatherstripping for rear tailgate. I will be going into dealership and talking to GM and will update.

20240514_082554.jpg

20240514_082608.jpg
Sponsored