SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Since I had both sets of axles (RCV delivered theirs the day I called to cancel upon deciding to go 32 spline, and @Northridge4x4 accidentally sent 29 spline instead of 32 with the diff. Not saying that to discredit them or anything-I was actually very impressed at how they handled everything and will definitely use them again) I thought why not measure and compare some diameters? Calipers arenā€™t crazy machinist tolerances but good to .0005ā€ so take that for what itā€™s worth. Starting after the splines from the differential-

SPICER RCV
1.2620 1.2615
1.4005 1.4025
1.2540 1.2870
1.1755 1.1750
1.2415 1.2420
1.1960 1.2005 (measured on splines as I was curious)

I really hope this formats the same on the post the way it looks on my phone as it was kind of a pain to do šŸ˜‚

Iā€™ll include the pictures so you can see where the measurements were taken. Not certain how useful this information will be due to different coating methods and whatnot, but now you know!

IMG_1172.jpeg

IMG_1171.jpeg

IMG_1170.jpeg

IMG_1169.jpeg

IMG_1168.jpeg

IMG_1167.jpeg

IMG_1057.jpeg

IMG_1056.jpeg

IMG_1055.jpeg

IMG_1054.jpeg

IMG_1052.jpeg

IMG_1053.jpeg
Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That's great I appreciate you taking the time to post these measurements, however most of them cannot be changed without changing or altering other parts for example the inside of the diff splines. Better places to measure our inside of the star in the CV, also the inner diameter of the Bell would be nice to know. I know that the Spicer 32 spline uses 1 in balls which are the same as the Porsche 934/935 series. It also uses the full 35 spline 1.5 in diameter shaft inside the star. What I need to know is what the inside of the Bell is on the RCV shafts on the outer CV? Will the Spicer unit be compatible with the RCV unit if a person wanted to mix and match parts?

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Can you measure the outside diameter of the CV Bell or housing on both units on the outer CV? thanks
Specifically I'm trying to compare the RCV 29 spline and the Spicer 32 spline diameters

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's great I appreciate you taking the time to post these measurements, however most of them cannot be changed without changing or altering other parts for example the inside of the diff splines. Better places to measure our inside of the star in the CV, also the inner diameter of the Bell would be nice to know. I know that the Spicer 32 spline uses 1 in balls which are the same as the Porsche 934/935 series. It also uses the full 35 spline 1.5 in diameter shaft inside the star. What I need to know is what the inside of the Bell is on the RCV shafts on the outer CV? Will the Spicer unit be compatible with the RCV unit if a person wanted to mix and match parts?
Awesome feedback. šŸ‘ŠšŸ¼ I reallllllllly wanted to pull the boots but since I was returning them both I didnā€™t feel either company would appreciate that. My luck Iā€™d tear a boot too šŸ˜‚

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you measure the outside diameter of the CV Bell or housing on both units on the outer CV? thanks
Specifically I'm trying to compare the RCV 29 spline and the Spicer 32 spline diameters
Couldnā€™t quite get everything with the calipers so swapped to OD tape

IMG_1181.jpeg

IMG_1182.jpeg

IMG_1183.jpeg

IMG_1184.jpeg

IMG_1185.jpeg

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Couldnā€™t quite get everything with the calipers so swapped to OD tape

Ford Bronco RCV vs SPICER CV Dimensions IMG_1185

That's great information but I'm actually looking for the other end of the CV where it goes into the wheel. I'm looking at blending Bronco Raptor CVS from RCV with Spicer normal Bronco 32 spline units. This would be one way to run the Bronco Raptor front suspension knuckle. It is different because it has the iwe which is super stupid.

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's great information but I'm actually looking for the other end of the CV where it goes into the wheel. I'm looking at blending Bronco Raptor CVS from RCV with Spicer normal Bronco 32 spline units. This would be one way to run the Bronco Raptor front suspension knuckle. It is different because it has the iwe which is super stupid.
Assuming what youā€™re looking for isnā€™t under the boot the best I can do is these two measurements

IMG_1186.jpeg
Sponsored