Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well let me be the first. My RCV's have been great. I wish I could keep them, but am going the UFDU route 🤠

Yep, glad my wife talked me into going with the UFDFU instead of the tube upgrade after thinking about the intermediate shaft & other improvements. Should arrive today 😁
Did you get your installed?
Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Mark Borgmann if you have the time can you post pics of the style of ring or C-clip Spicer used on the axle? also I am very curious if the axle splines are truly 1.5" diameter and 35 spline as claimed. I would also like to know the ball diameter to compare with 934s. thanks.
Hey Alan, I'm sure you've got this figured out by now but here is a lousy pic of the inner CV on the UFDU. Unfortunately the retaining ring is mostly under the newspaper to the 11 O'clock of the snap ring pliers.(Sorry saw this after I finished & was searching for info on a friends issue, but it's a circlip that keeps the race & bearing captive in the cup & a snap ring that keeps it on the shaft.
Had to replace an inner boot as I think the sway-bar end caught it at the end of Cliff Hanger because it hadn't thrown any real grease yet. It sits real close to it. The next time I take it a part I'll try to put a spacer on it & find a skinny nut, just didn't have time as we're hitting Big Bear Bronco Bash this week.
Anyway enjoy the sloppy mess 🤠 .

Ford Bronco Installed 5.38s and Spicer Ultimate  44 FDU  and Extreme CVs 32 spline IMG_2390

Sponsored
OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey Alan, I'm sure you've got this figured out by now but here is a lousy pic of the inner CV on the UFDU. Unfortunately the retaining ring is mostly under the newspaper to the 11 O'clock of the snap ring pliers.(Sorry saw this after I finished & was searching for info on a friends issue, but it's a circlip that keeps the race & bearing captive in the cup & a snap ring that keeps it on the shaft.
Had to replace an inner boot as I think the sway-bar end caught it at the end of Cliff Hanger because it hadn't thrown any real grease yet. It sits real close to it. The next time I take it a part I'll try to put a spacer on it & find a skinny nut, just didn't have time as we're hitting Big Bear Bronco Bash this week.
Anyway enjoy the sloppy mess 🤠 .

IMG_2390.jpg
Thanks. I'm aware of that side of the c. V as I've had that apart before myself. What i'm curious is of on the wheel end, Someone said there's pulled out and I wanted to see what it looked like there inside. I've also had torn boots. The sway end touching it and immediately told Spicer about the issue. I did the same. I put a spacer in in a shorter nut. And it alleviated the problem .

Now I have problems with the Passenger side, Where it splines onto the intermediate shaft, The connection is way too loose and the compression ring does not hold the c. V end in. A fixed position, It lets it move back and forth on the splines. As I mentioned before, it needs to be pulled out. The intermediate shaft needs to be drilled and threaded, and then the inside of the cup needs to be drilled out for the same bolt and heavy duty bolt and washer put in place to hold the bell on the intermediate shaft firmly otherwise. These things will tear themselves apart over time.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've logged forty thousand miles on these heavy duty, extreme cv's axles, So far they're a good product, but I think they need just a little bit of refinement to be perfect.
I plan on tearing into mine in about 3 weeks. I'll do the fix at that time when I'm swapping to my fabricated f. M I knuckles.

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I need to find one of you tall lift nuts to buy a stock m210 and 4.46 locking rear from.

Seems like the least expensive, expensive upgrade I could make.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I need to find one of you tall lift nuts to buy a stock m210 and 4.46 locking rear from.

Seems like the least expensive, expensive upgrade I could make.
Big tires doesn't necessarily mean a tall lift. I'm only running 1.5 inches of total lift overstock and have 40 inch. Tires... In fact, I'd be running at factory height if I could or even lower.
If you're looking for a good used, m210, just call LKQ dismantling. they can set you up.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now I have problems with the Passenger side, Where it splines onto the intermediate shaft, The connection is way too loose and the compression ring does not hold the c. V end in. A fixed position, It lets it move back and forth on the splines. As I mentioned before, it needs to be pulled out. The intermediate shaft needs to be drilled and threaded, and then the inside of the cup needs to be drilled out for the same bolt and heavy duty bolt and washer put in place to hold the bell on the intermediate shaft firmly otherwise. These things will tear themselves apart over time.
I haven't seen that yet, but I'm only at 3K on the unit with hard use & it's still tight on that end.

Big tires doesn't necessarily mean a tall lift. I'm only running 1.5 inches of total lift overstock and have 40 inch. Tires... In fact, I'd be running at factory height if I could or even lower.
If you're looking for a good used, m210, just call LKQ dismantling. they can set you up.
^^^^ This!!! Lift only as much as you need to clear the tires you want to run & your truck will be much more stable all around. Use to cut fenders to keep the COG low instead of lifting more🤠

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That is true, it's crazy how you and others are able to tuck giant tires with barely a lift.

Speaking of sitting nearly stock height on big tires, my Dad's friend (basically my uncle) took a brand new at the time Silverado and prerunnered it for his business, Motor City K5.

Ford Bronco Installed 5.38s and Spicer Ultimate  44 FDU  and Extreme CVs 32 spline 1000001985
Ford Bronco Installed 5.38s and Spicer Ultimate  44 FDU  and Extreme CVs 32 spline 1000001986

Sitting on 37s ~13in travel front and rear, only like an inch taller than stock.

Thanks for the tip on LKQ dismantling!
Sponsored

Last edited: