First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have some interesting news to report. Still waiting to install my soft top as I am currently building a cart to hold the hardtop. But I just received a message from a forum user who is installing the rebranded soft top from real truck and there are some differences.

Apparently, in his rebranded kit, he got what are called well nuts and in my kit, I got the traditional RIV nuts. Now I’m wondering if I should be using these rubber coated well nuts as it might protect the paint much better.

IMG_3675.jpeg
Sponsored

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have some interesting news to report. Still waiting to install my soft top as I am currently building a cart to hold the hardtop. But I just received a message from a forum user who is installing the rebranded soft top from real truck and there are some differences.

Apparently, in his rebranded kit, he got what are called well nuts and in my kit, I got the traditional RIV nuts. Now I’m wondering if I should be using these rubber coated well nuts as it might protect the paint much better.

Ford Bronco Rampage TrailView Fastback Soft Top for 2 door Bronco -- installed first impressions & photos IMG_3675
Please don't take this the wrong way - no ill will intended. You may be over thinking this. I have used a crap ton of rivnuts and they work great and I don't recall ever scratching paint by using them. I know we are all different with what is acceptable, but even if they do scratch the paint a little, it will be in such an inconspicuous location that you'd never see it. You could also "line" the hole with electrical tape to help prevent the possibility. Or, if you would feel more comfortable, you can buy rubber coated rivnuts...

I personally wouldn't worry about it, but like I said - we're all different with what is acceptable.

I'm just jelly that you were able to get a top - I've waited too long...:(

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Rivnuts worked great for me. I agree it’s pretty easy and I have not had any issues.

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Rivnuts worked great for me. I agree it’s pretty easy and I have not had any issues.
Thanks more than the paint I was thinking these might grip due the rubber better. I have both (picked up some cheap M10 well nuts from local stores Just need to decide which to use

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Please don't take this the wrong way - no ill will intended. You may be over thinking this. I have used a crap ton of rivnuts and they work great and I don't recall ever scratching paint by using them. I know we are all different with what is acceptable, but even if they do scratch the paint a little, it will be in such an inconspicuous location that you'd never see it. You could also "line" the hole with electrical tape to help prevent the possibility. Or, if you would feel more comfortable, you can buy rubber coated rivnuts...

I personally wouldn't worry about it, but like I said - we're all different with what is acceptable.

I'm just jelly that you were able to get a top - I've waited too long...:(
The tops are available….

Sponsored

Fillups

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Expedition EL
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm following along and kind of waiting to see if there is a Memorial Day sale on the 2-door version of this top since I'm not in a hurry.
But if anyone here may be looking for the more-door version, CJ Pony must still have some to sell for a discount:

https://www.cjponyparts.com/rampage...it-fastback-frameless-4dr-bronco/p/RPG139135/
I’m curious if they changed anything
Else in the set aside from the well nut ie the back window touching the bolt issue

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In the process of installing. I’m confused on the retaining strap with hook. What does the hook attach to and when is it used? Any photos?

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
It straps to the corner plates you installed that hold the tailgate bar, watch the install video and you'll see where.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the process of installing. I’m confused on the retaining strap with hook. What does the hook attach to and when is it used? Any photos?
It straps to the bar after you flip the front portion back to hold it down while you drive. I’ll send you a pic.

IMG_9748.jpeg

Sponsored

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It straps to the bar after you flip the front portion back to hold it down while you drive. I’ll send you a pic.

IMG_9748.jpeg
Thank you!! That’s exactly what I needed to see. I’m guessing that attaches with an MA bolt and lock nut?

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you!! That’s exactly what I needed to see. I’m guessing that attaches with an MA bolt and lock nut?
I am pretty sure that one is held on with one of my factory bolts from the hardtop bracket that I removed from that location.

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well it took awhile but I finished my install. I think. I have a bunch of questions and observations.

1) used the well nuts vs. the riv nuts and am happy.

2) didn’t know that when opening the trail view it always has to un-Velcro on the sides in order to flip up. Is this normal? Seems like that will wear out the Velcro fast…

3) the rear tail at seal - it seems to
Be hitting the rear door at the arrow on the seal. As in closing the door hits the seal rather than sits against it. I tried adjusting the tub tray forward as much as possible and it helps but worried it may bend the tailgate! Also the rest of the tailgate seal doesn’t look super water tight. Anyone else have this issue?

3) At the front is there supppsed to be a gap you can reach under and touch through? Why isn’t this sealed???

4) can. 100% confirm that Mabett speaker pods fit without the back window issue.

IMG_3755.jpeg

IMG_3756.jpeg

IMG_3754.jpeg

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Fast forward to yesterday, we installed the top. It took roughly 2.5 hours but that included beer breaks and we were also attempting to film an install video because there wasn’t one out yet. The install video didn’t turn out very good but we’ll see if we can work with the footage. I’ve heard install times as short as 1.5 hours.
How hard is it to take the top all the way back off? Or at least back to where you can install the hardtop?

Have you tried this?

OP
OP
Broncobro04

Broncobro04

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How hard is it to take the top all the way back off? Or at least back to where you can install the hardtop?

Have you tried this?
Yeah I actually did it back in January. Super easy. Maybe like 30 minutes
Sponsored