First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looking to replace my stock speaker pods on my 2-door with another brand so the bolts don’t press against my rear soft top window. Questions below:

1) Can Mabett pods be used on a 2-door? Listing says 4-door only…

2) Can I just swap in the 6.5 speakers into these pods and plug into the factory harness and have it work? Mind you I’m doing this because of the bolt hitting on the soft top only. Yes, I know I could explore options for counter sinking a bolt into the factory pods but it’s not looking promising.
Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The speakers just swap over but the alignment of the holes is off with the 2 door.

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As I understand it, the 4 door speaker pods have the brackets to attach them to the 2 door. In my installation, I didn’t use the brackets as we have a 4-door and just swapped them over from the original pods.

Here’s my video, hope it helps.

https://amzn.to/3uRoJio

https://amzn.to/4bIP5UB

OP
OP

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow that was a very helpful video! I’m going to make sure the kit comes with that bracket for the 2-door. Without using forscan did you notice any difference? I don’t have then BandO system….

Last edited:

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the pods on 2 dr. Came with a spacer/bushing standoff for bottom bolt that mounts pod to roll bar. However, unless they have changed something, the bushings need to have about 1/4-3/8” shaved off or you will need to buy a longer bolt. Other 2dr owners have experienced the same thing.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the pods on 2 dr. Came with a spacer/bushing standoff for bottom bolt that mounts pod to roll bar. However, unless they have changed something, the bushings need to have about 1/4-3/8” shaved off or you will need to buy a longer bolt. Other 2dr owners have experienced the same thing.
That’s easy enough. The reviews say that this interferes with the seatbelt on a 2-door. Is that true?

OP
OP

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As I understand it, the 4 door speaker pods have the brackets to attach them to the 2 door. In my installation, I didn’t use the brackets as we have a 4-door and just swapped them over from the original pods.

Here’s my video, hope it helps.

https://amzn.to/3uRoJio

https://amzn.to/4bIP5UB
On the link above for the speakers did it come with the needed wires/clips to attach to the factory harness or did you cut those off the factory ones and reuse?

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s easy enough. The reviews say that this interferes with the seatbelt on a 2-door. Is that true?
The plastic seat belt loop does touch but barely, it’s about 1/16” too close, but in my honest opinion does not/would not interfere with normal operation or safety. I just snapped a couple pics. However I was just looking and I’m only able to find 4dr compatibility Mabetts.??? I bought mine on Amazon not ebay😂 and they are still there for sale for $139 but even they too only show 2dr compatible now and pics show no bushings with included parts?? BTW mine did come with wire connectors.

738068B4-3E69-44A8-9CC9-7C031C219C29.jpeg

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The plastic seat belt loop does touch but barely, it’s about 1/16” too close, but in my honest opinion does not/would not interfere with normal operation or safety. I just snapped a couple pics. However I was just looking and I’m only able to find 4dr compatibility Mabetts.??? I bought mine on Amazon not ebay😂 and they are still there for sale for $139 but even they too only show 2dr compatible now and pics show no bushings with included parts?? BTW mine did come with wire connectors.

A9A48A04-E618-4737-923C-C5D408136921.png

OP
OP

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Can you post a link?

Sponsored

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
https://a.co/d/i78ih97
I was trying but I’m not too computer savvy.
Can you post a link?
Can you post a link?
Looking to replace my stock speaker pods on my 2-door with another brand so the bolts don’t press against my rear soft top window. Questions below:

2) Can I just swap in the 6.5 speakers into these pods and plug into the factory harness and have it work? Mind you I’m doing this because of the bolt hitting on the soft top only. Yes, I know I could explore options for counter sinking a bolt into the factory pods but it’s not looking promising.

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you checked SSVs , I’ve heard no issues from 2dr owners on seatbelt or bottom mounting bolt.

OP
OP

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hope you received the link. !!
Yes thanks. That’s the link I was looking at where it says 4 foot only but some people said it worked with 2-door. Just don’t know if it comes with the bushings and 2-door bracket…

Did you have to remove a seatbelt plastic cover?

OP
OP

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you checked SSVs , I’ve heard no issues from 2dr owners on seatbelt or bottom mounting bolt.
Yea but I don’t like the look of them :(. Mabett looks OEM. SSV looks aftermarket + not sure it will sit flush with roll bar as mabbett is for my soft top rear window
Sponsored