Sponsored

Pull the trigger for SAS size Falken WildPeak A/T3W?

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1Y7A5178-beach.jpg

Here's my non sasquatch badlands with 315/70R17 and 17x8.5 0 offset. No other mods or lift.

The tires definitely feel heavier than the stock KO2s but they have a lot more grip in the rain. I think when running over small hard bumps I can feel that the shocks aren't really meant for wheels and tires this heavy but that's just a guess of mine since I've never really owned a truck before. It feels more "shaky" as the shocks try to dampen more weight.

Very minimal on the road noise as well. I think it might be less road noise than the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires on my Elantra N.
Finally, pictures.

I have Falken AT3Ws on my LWN in 255/80R17 for all-season use in AK. So far they have been amazing summer or winter. Considering doing the switch on the Bronco in the 315s, but looks like I might go for a level kit.
Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just FYI for folks about to buy these tires. The new AT4W is starting to roll out.
Funny to see that come online so quick. I feel like the KO3 launch has been going on for 18 months! There's something like 2-3 sizes available to date...

Edit: Damn these are similar to my Toyo AT3's 😅

Ford Bronco Pull the trigger for SAS size Falken WildPeak A/T3W? 1704815601683
Ford Bronco Pull the trigger for SAS size Falken WildPeak A/T3W? 1704815612385

Last edited:

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just FYI for folks about to buy these tires. The new AT4W is starting to roll out.
Talked to a Falken rep this morning. The A/T4W's are 90 days out at this time.

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP

Rferrara

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i spoke to falken about the differences 3 vs 4. for on road driving in terms of comfort it doesn't sound like there wasn't a difference. the change come from towing and with heavy trucks and some complaints about early tire wear.

it will be interesting to see what happens once they get out there.

they did send me an official email that the 3 was being completely discontinued in all sizes

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Funny to see that come online so quick. I feel like the KO3 launch has been going on for 18 months! There's something like 2-3 sizes available to date...

Edit: Damn these are similar to my Toyo AT3's 😅
Toyo and Falken are owned by the same company AFAIK?

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Toyo and Falken are owned by the same company AFAIK?
I think it’s Toyo and Nitto that are under the same umbrella. Interesting to see the similarities between manufacturers though. Like BFG being first to the cheese puff design in the KO2 and General launching the Grabber ATx you see on the Black Diamond.

OP
OP

Rferrara

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting thread. As others said I dont think changing the tire will change much in the "drive" itself. It might feel slightly smoother and quieter on flat roads but bumps will still feel the same. If you're not happy with the way it rides right now, then changing tires will likely result in you also still not being happy with the ride. You might get less road noise from the SAS Territories (which I have found to be pretty good with road noise) but I think that is the biggest impact you will see with changing tires...is the noise difference. In addition the SAS Territories are extremely light. I have looked and looked for my next tire, ill run the Territories into the ground but after, and almost all are 15-20lbs heavier. You will definitely feel that in your drive. Rotating mass. Keep this in mind. This is when staying in the traditional SAS 35" class. You also might have to consider a rear tail gate reinforcement (so thats more $$$ too).

Your not happy with the ride...I am seeing two options:
-Try changing the tires
--Requires tires cost and install
--Requires tail gate reinforcement cost and install

-Try changing the suspension
--Requires suspension parts cost and install
--Requires alignment (usually part of install labor cost)

That being said I am about to install the FOX 2.5 Elite Performance kit, just waiting on my UCA from Bach Build @BachBuiltOffRoad ;) and then I'll have a local shop in town do the install. My plan is to keep the current SAS wheels and tires (if I can, should be able to). With the dual compression set up on the Fox, I should be able to get full control or at least what is advertised on the market right now as one of the most customizable setups. Meaning I can change both low and high speed compression (how the shock handles bumps at those different speeds). In theory I can set them up to be really soft for low speed bumps (speed bumps, pot wholes, driving around town/local streets where I am driving slow) and then for high speeds like high way or if I am sand dunning and hitting whomps I can set that to either be soft or hard on those bumps at those higher speeds. I'll follow up. Doing this is more expensive than buying tires and a tail gate reinforcement.

However, you do not need that "wild" of a set up. You can always try out the Bilstine 5001 (I think there called or maybe 5110?) which are massively popular. Something like that, a suspension modification, would give you a true change in ride. These are more affordable and highly recommended by most. Something like this should be either less expensive or on par with a full tire swap and tail gate reinforcement.
Hi just wondering if you got the FOX 2.5 Elite Performance kit installed yet and if so could you share you feedback on ride comfort and cost?

thx!

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi just wondering if you got the FOX 2.5 Elite Performance kit installed yet and if so could you share you feedback on ride comfort and cost?

thx!
Putting a pause on the build and having to sell the parts. Unfortunately timing has been really bad. Currently selling both the lift kit and the UCA in the marketplace if interested.
Sponsored