Keith J.

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone have any insight on availability for the 2024 model year Procal tunes? Last I heard was they were still working on emissions issues. I'm patiently waiting with the tuner that I purchased about 10 days ago.
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think the tune is any different, although the device has changed (e.g. at least the HD rack programming). It's probable they haven't gotten emissions clearance to sell it for 2024 models. Last year I think it came through early summer? For those in California, I think it was August or September.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

“Any day now”

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Still waiting for emissions approval. I'll reach out to my Ford Performance rep and see if I can get an update.

Thanks, Jared

Sponsored

The Deal

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco BD w/sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I too bought a Procal for my 2024 2.3 not even realizing I wouldn’t be able to have it installed yet. I made an appointment and brought it in only for the dealer to tell me sorry. I called Ford Performance and was told by a tech that my device will work once Ford OKs it and that the dealer will be able to download the update for 2024s with my existing device. I was also advised to bring a flash drive so the dealer can save my original vehicle file to it or it’ll be a pain in the butt to restore it in the future if I don’t. This is giving me pause to be honest and I’m considering just returning it if possible. Does anyone have any insight into this or experienced similar in past years waiting for a release? The Ford Performance Tech made it seem like it’s not a big deal and has been done thousands of time. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does anyone have any insight into this or experienced similar in past years waiting for a release?
You can thank California. It has to be approved by their state Air Resource Board so it can be 50-state compliant.

This is entirely normal, unfortunately. Most other tunes don’t even bother with California compliance, they just sell it as 49-state complaint, or YOLO Off-road Only.

The Ford Tech is right - once it’s approved and they flip the switch on the server, it’s just a software download and it’s done

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My totally unsubstantiated guess - 2024 is being held up by the Raptor tune, which is new for this year.

2023 the tune was approved by around the end of January, but there were almost no changes to the engines (or the software) between 2021-2023. Adding in a whole new engine, the 3.0, my guess is taking some time to get the approval through and it's holding everything up.

OP
OP
Keith J.

Keith J.

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My totally unsubstantiated guess - 2024 is being held up by the Raptor tune, which is new for this year.

2023 the tune was approved by around the end of January, but there were almost no changes to the engines (or the software) between 2021-2023. Adding in a whole new engine, the 3.0, my guess is taking some time to get the approval through and it's holding everything up.
You make a great point. Didn't think about the Raptor
Sponsored