Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On father's day Sunday I got up very early to drive up to Oceano Dunes OHV aka Pismo Beach for a little beach cleanup put on by Friends of Oceano Dunes https://www.oceanodunes.org/

They are an organization that has filed lawsuits to keep the park open for us to use. The president Jim Suty has been relentless in his pursuit of public official accountability and the rights of off road recreational enthusiast as it relates to the park spaces we have been granted by the state.

I remember when I was a much younger lad with a used quad darting around on the dunes having a blast. Those memories are etched in my mind as some of my happiest days and I know it's the same for my friends and many of you.

Today, the park is a former shadow of itself and continues to face an onslaught. Consider following them on instagram https://www.instagram.com/friendsofoceanodunes/
or even becoming a member. https://www.oceanodunes.org/

I am in no way affiliated with this organization, I simply follow them on instagram and attended the cleanup. I think the effort is just and necessary for us to continue enjoying the hobby we all love. I also don't want this to turn into cali-bashing or a political thing, just wanted to share the good work they are doing.

Onto some pictures!!

Ford Bronco Pismo Beach Cleanup - Friends of Oceano Dunes [no politics] IMG_8716-Edit

In the morning the weather was nearly perfect, just the right temp and very little wind.

We had a quick morning briefing.
Ford Bronco Pismo Beach Cleanup - Friends of Oceano Dunes [no politics] 7A26D9DA-B654-495E-8583-A199944DE0D4_1_105_c
Ford Bronco Pismo Beach Cleanup - Friends of Oceano Dunes [no politics] F88C6C37-C6F4-40C2-B545-4651A3665538_1_105_c

Started collecting the endless bits of plastic with this classic bronco helping out. Forum members will recognize the shirt I'm wearing. I forgot to bring a trash picker upper clamp thing. Would have been very useful, my back got a great workout.
Ford Bronco Pismo Beach Cleanup - Friends of Oceano Dunes [no politics] 192BEA70-5448-4A6A-8D66-BEB6F3619075_1_105_c
Ford Bronco Pismo Beach Cleanup - Friends of Oceano Dunes [no politics] IMG_8683

Bronco representation!
Ford Bronco Pismo Beach Cleanup - Friends of Oceano Dunes [no politics] IMG_8691

About mid day we sort of had to call it quits as the wind got really bad. But we made a good effort. A bigger event is scheduled with bbq in the coming months.

I made my way out into the dunes for a bit, but it was mid-day and the winds were blowing hard so it was really difficult to get a fix on where the dunes crested or what was over the next dune.

Traversed most of the south side of the dunes and then came back. Ran it at 12 psi and had no issues with traction.

I also saw a G-Wagon AMG out on the dunes, which is a rare sight. Attempted to chat with the owner a bit later, he said it was like "driving a jet ski". Make of that what you will.
Ford Bronco Pismo Beach Cleanup - Friends of Oceano Dunes [no politics] IMG_8704

Before I came up I purchased this flag mount from Facebook marketplace. Really like it.

Ford Bronco Pismo Beach Cleanup - Friends of Oceano Dunes [no politics] IMG_8676

Ran into a bronco station wagon and some galloping horses.
Ford Bronco Pismo Beach Cleanup - Friends of Oceano Dunes [no politics] IMG_8705
Ford Bronco Pismo Beach Cleanup - Friends of Oceano Dunes [no politics] IMG_8719

And then there are the kite surfers. Watching these guys and gals out there was really impressive.
Ford Bronco Pismo Beach Cleanup - Friends of Oceano Dunes [no politics] IMG_8714

Around 4pm I aired back up and made my way back to LA with about 5lbs of sand in the Bronco.
Good times.

Ford Bronco Pismo Beach Cleanup - Friends of Oceano Dunes [no politics] IMG_8688
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
On father's day Sunday I got up very early to drive up to Oceano Dunes OHV aka Pismo Beach for a little beach cleanup put on by Friends of Oceano Dunes https://www.oceanodunes.org/

They are an organization that has filed lawsuits to keep the park open for us to use. The president Jim Suty has been relentless in his pursuit of public official accountability and the rights of off road recreational enthusiast as it relates to the park spaces we have been granted by the state.

I remember when I was a much younger lad with a used quad darting around on the dunes having a blast. Those memories are etched in my mind as some of my happiest days and I know it's the same for my friends and many of you.

Today, the park is a former shadow of itself and continues to face an onslaught. Consider following them on instagram https://www.instagram.com/friendsofoceanodunes/
or even becoming a member. https://www.oceanodunes.org/

I am in no way affiliated with this organization, I simply follow them on instagram and attended the cleanup. I think the effort is just and necessary for us to continue enjoying the hobby we all love. I also don't want this to turn into cali-bashing or a political thing, just wanted to share the good work they are doing.

Onto some pictures!!

Ford Bronco Pismo Beach Cleanup - Friends of Oceano Dunes [no politics] IMG_8688

In the morning the weather was nearly perfect, just the right temp and very little wind.

We had a quick morning briefing.

Started collecting the endless bits of plastic with this classic bronco helping out. Forum members will recognize the shirt I'm wearing. I forgot to bring a trash picker upper clamp thing. Would have been very useful, my back got a great workout.

Bronco representation!

About mid day we sort of had to call it quits as the wind got really bad. But we made a good effort. A bigger event is scheduled with bbq in the coming months.

I made my way out into the dunes for a bit, but it was mid-day and the winds were blowing hard so it was really difficult to get a fix on where the dunes crested or what was over the next dune.

Traversed most of the south side of the dunes and then came back. Ran it at 12 psi and had no issues with traction.

I also saw a G-Wagon AMG out on the dunes, which is a rare sight. Attempted to chat with the owner a bit later, he said it was like "driving a jet ski". Make of that what you will.

Before I came up I purchased this flag mount from Facebook marketplace. Really like it.

Ran into a bronco station wagon and some galloping horses.

And then there are the kite surfers. Watching these guys and gals out there was really impressive.
View attachment 649017

View attachment 649021

Around 4pm I aired back up and made my way back to LA with about 5lbs of sand in the Bronco.
Good times.

Happy Father's Day! Thank you for making our beaches a great place to be this summer. 🤩

ldcobb2

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cencalbroncos.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for supporting Oceano! I too have fond memories out there and am trying to pass similar memories out there on to my kids.

Link to that awesome trail sight flag mount?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pro tip: aquarium tongs/grabber for saltwater tanks. It'll last for many years which also reduces waste.

Sponsored

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome!!!!!

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You might put video heavy in the title or something. My cheapo NUC don't no like too many videos.

OP
OP
KT_bronco

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@userdude it's not just your NUC, my newish MacBook Pro is also struggling with the page. Didn't realize this would be the effect uploading a few 480p vids. Just removed a couple to speed things up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KT_bronco

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Flag mount looks nice. But that vid they have on that page makes it look like it was machined using a bench grinder. Hopefully they have a smoother finish on the actual product.
I was happy with the finish.
Sponsored