Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Finally got around to installing my awning. We’re headed out to Silver Lake in couple of weeks to run the dunes after stopping of at the Tulip Fesitval in Holland, MI. This will be our first camping trip with the Bronco. Super excited!

Awning is big, easy to set up and put away. I’ll add more once we get some use out of it!

Also added a flag mount and flag from broncograveyard.com.

Ford Bronco Overland Vehicle Systems Nomadic 270 LT awning installed IMG_8519
Ford Bronco Overland Vehicle Systems Nomadic 270 LT awning installed IMG_8520
Ford Bronco Overland Vehicle Systems Nomadic 270 LT awning installed IMG_8521
Sponsored

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m getting ready to put my OVS 270 LT on this weekend. What mounting brackets did you use for your trmr rack? Hard to tell from the photos. Any tips for installation?

OP
OP
HoosierSquatch

HoosierSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m getting ready to put my OVS 270 LT on this weekend. What mounting brackets did you use for your trmr rack? Hard to tell from the photos. Any tips for installation?
I bought all of this from a guy selling his Bronco. He had used the mount that came with the awning and used some rubber spacers on the bolts in the rack to raise it above the sides.

Ford Bronco Overland Vehicle Systems Nomadic 270 LT awning installed IMG_8556

He also gave me the 90 degree brackets (https://trailrax.com/collections/trailrax-accessories/products/roof-rack-90-bracket) but without hardware. I liked the idea of it being a little higher than the mount it came with, so I went to the hardware store and bought some stainless 1/4 x 1” bolts and mounted it.

Ford Bronco Overland Vehicle Systems Nomadic 270 LT awning installed IMG_8557

After the fact I realize I should have had trailrax send me the hardware because I’ll have to take the awning off the mount and then the rack apart if I ever I want to take the brackets off. I’m pretty sure trailrax hardware is reversed, nuts in the slotted rails, so once installed, you’d only have to remove the four bolts per mount and the whole thing would come off. Hope that makes sense. Good luck with it and let me know if I can answer any questions.

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought all of this from a guy selling his Bronco. He had used the mount that came with the awning and used some rubber spacers on the bolts in the rack to raise it above the sides.

He also gave me the 90 degree brackets (https://trailrax.com/collections/trailrax-accessories/products/roof-rack-90-bracket) but without hardware. I liked the idea of it being a little higher than the mount it came with, so I went to the hardware store and bought some stainless 1/4 x 1” bolts and mounted it.

After the fact I realize I should have had trailrax send me the hardware because I’ll have to take the awning off the mount and then the rack apart if I ever I want to take the brackets off. I’m pretty sure trailrax hardware is reversed, nuts in the slotted rails, so once installed, you’d only have to remove the four bolts per mount and the whole thing would come off. Hope that makes sense. Good luck with it and let me know if I can answer any questions.
So you ended up using the trailrax 90 degree brackets? Did you try using the stock brackets that are in the picture? I bought the trailrax brackets, but they interfere with my RTT.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HoosierSquatch

HoosierSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So you ended up using the trailrax 90 degree brackets? Did you try using the stock brackets that are in the picture? I bought the trailrax brackets, but they interfere with my RTT.
Yes, used the Trailrax brackets and didn’t try others. Don’t have an RTT, but I’m curious if the supplied mount would interfere too since they mount to the cross bars too. Anxious to see how yours turns out.

OP
OP
HoosierSquatch

HoosierSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, used the Trailrax brackets and didn’t try others. Don’t have an RTT, but I’m curious if the supplied mount would interfere too since they mount to the cross bars too. Anxious to see how yours turns out.
Did you need to drill open the trailrax brackets to get the OVS mounting hardware to fit, or did you use different mounting hardware?

I think I'm just going to move the tent off center a couple of inches and use the trailrax mounts.

OP
OP
HoosierSquatch

HoosierSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Went with 1/4 x 1” carriage
instead of supplied. The pan head of the carriage bolts is a little too big for the slot on the awning, but 1/4 inch regular bolts were barely big enough and I wanted more surface area in the track of the awning. So I used the carriage bolts and used my grinding wheel to take off just enough to get them to fit in the track.
Sponsored