Sponsored

[Now Shipping] Armorlite Floor for Bronco 2dr and 4dr Exclusive Bronco6G Pre-Presale

MtnTopComms

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just curious, for those that received theirs do the 3-4 hour installs include removing the interior? Mine should arrive this week and just planning time for next weekend...

thx
Sponsored

AP87

Outer Banks
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4-door 2.3 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just curious, for those that received theirs do the 3-4 hour installs include removing the interior? Mine should arrive this week and just planning time for next weekend...

thx
Good morning,

Yes, it included install time. I did make a two more cuts in the carpet than recommended to pull it out in chunks rather than one large piece which helped a lot.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got it all put in and put back together. I put mine in the driveway in the sun for 45min-1hr. Made it nice and flexible to tuck in everywhere. Iā€™d say 2-3 hours taking your time is about right depending on your level of motivation/mechanical ability. I donā€™t think it was in the directions but I made a 4th cut in the middle of the rear seats where the carpet went around a bracket. I also popped the headrests off the front seats. This gives more room to lift the seats out. One tip donā€™t push the drains in too deep. If you push them too far the caps donā€™t fit right. But no worry grab the outside edge of the drain and pull it back up a notch or two.
Ford Bronco [Now Shipping] Armorlite Floor for Bronco 2dr and 4dr Exclusive Bronco6G Pre-Presale IMG_3922
Ford Bronco [Now Shipping] Armorlite Floor for Bronco 2dr and 4dr Exclusive Bronco6G Pre-Presale IMG_3924

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak 4dr, '12 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got it all put in and put back together. I put mine in the driveway in the sun for 45min-1hr. Made it nice and flexible to tuck in everywhere. Iā€™d say 2-3 hours taking your time is about right depending on your level of motivation/mechanical ability. I donā€™t think it was in the directions but I made a 4th cut in the middle of the rear seats where the carpet went around a bracket. I also popped the headrests off the front seats. This gives more room to lift the seats out. One tip donā€™t push the drains in too deep. If you push them too far the caps donā€™t fit right. But no worry grab the outside edge of the drain and pull it back up a notch or two.
IMG_3922.jpeg
IMG_3924.jpeg
In the middle of mine right now and ran into the same 3rd cut. No biggie. Only problem Iā€™m having is - like another user - the 8mm dead pedal nut is picky about the socket it will take. It doesnā€™t work with mine so Iā€™m on hold for now.

edit: the 8mm didnā€™t fit because itā€™s a 10mm nut. Dā€™oh!

Last edited:

Sponsored

EL in NH

Base
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch, 2005 HD springer,2010 sporty
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2 door rear seat belts were t-45 not 40. They were rusted in place. I needed a breaker bar with a cheater to get em to break loose, My china made battery impact was no help. Though it was nice for removing the long fine thread seat bolts. Much to tedious with just a ratchet.

2 hours install. hell no.. not with my back

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My 2 door rear seat belts were t-45 not 40. They were rusted in place. I needed a breaker bar with a cheater to get em to break loose,
Wow surprised they didnā€™t strip out!

EL in NH

Base
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow surprised they didnā€™t strip out!
Me to . I would imagine seat belt bolts are made of some tough steel.. thankfully

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My 2 door rear seat belts were t-45 not 40. They were rusted in place. I needed a breaker bar with a cheater to get em to break loose, My china made battery impact was no help. Though it was nice for removing the long fine thread seat bolts. Much to tedious with just a ratchet.

PB Blaster is your friend for rusted nuts/bolts. Never crank on a rusted fastener with a pre-soak unless you don't care if it breaks which is legit in some instances.

EL in NH

Base
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
PB Blaster is your friend for rusted nuts/bolts. Never crank on a rusted fastener with a pre-soak unless you don't care if it breaks which is legit in some instances.
I didn't know it was rusted. I just assumed because it was a safety item it was torqued pretty tight.

Sponsored

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Whyā€™d you take out the seat belts? Is that required only for 2-door?

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In the middle of mine right now and ran into the same 3rd cut. No biggie. Only problem Iā€™m having is - like another user - the 8mm dead pedal nut is picky about the socket it will take. It doesnā€™t work with mine so Iā€™m on hold for now.
Strange our dead petal nuts on both my ā€˜21 and this ā€˜22 are 10mm nuts. Also my console had 7mm head bolts in it.

EL in NH

Base
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Whyā€™d you take out the seat belts? Is that required only for 2-door?

Only the rear belt lower attachment. mine was a T- 45 torx bit. Cant say about the 4dr
Ford Bronco [Now Shipping] Armorlite Floor for Bronco 2dr and 4dr Exclusive Bronco6G Pre-Presale Screenshot 2024-05-12 212035

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Strange our dead petal nuts on both my ā€˜21 and this ā€˜22 are 10mm nuts. Also my console had 7mm head bolts in it.
Iā€™m a moron and it was a 10mm nut. I was taking the instructions too literally when they said 8mm and 13mm sockets only. Luckily didnā€™t waste too much time on that.

OP
OP
Armorlite_Kail

Armorlite_Kail

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco 4dr WT, 18 JLU Wrangler, 18 JKU Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco [Now Shipping] Armorlite Floor for Bronco 2dr and 4dr Exclusive Bronco6G Pre-Presale Screenshot 2024-05-12 212035
I will have your tip about the headrest added to the instructions, can you possibly get me a picture of the bracket you said you cut out for?

To the others we will update some socket sizes. Please forgive us we took photos of the install then did the instructions based on photos and memory so they need some clean up. I have a Braptor scheduled for my shop to do a video and refine any further details.
Sponsored