David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well it's about time! Welcome.

Since you are here now, I always wondered how and why the website is setup the way it is. I run the Dirt Logic complete system, but I wanted to see it or buy it, I can not find it on the website. The same for the Heim joint tie rods.

Murg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the tie rod kit compatible with HOSS 3.0 ? How does yours compare to the 3.0 oem? I’m thinking I need a spare for rocks. I, would probably rather swap yours in, and keep oem as spare for the just in case…

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Matt, just beginning to scratch the surface and looking for some guidance. I have a 23 non-SAS Badlands. Currently on 17x8 +55 OEM wheels and 33” BFG KO2’s. All stock suspension.

Currently have a BAMF winch bumper in fabrication (will be about 100#) for the front. I will couple with a Warn 10k synthetic winch (another 52# or so). So the front end will drop a little due to the added weight. Eventually I will do a rear bumper but not sure what yet. I don’t expect quite the weight gain there but suspect it will be heavier than factory.

I think I want to stay at a 35” tire and have been debating wheels. Lion’s share are 17x8.5 but a couple options are 17x9. Max offset 0mm but depending on the final wheel selected would be somewhere between 0 to +35. I’m not hung up on 35x12.5 or 315/70’s. I will be looking at weights to minimize rotational mass gains and gearing conflicts.

The above in mind, a leveling lift seems most appropriate. It wouldn’t level me but throwing perch collars on would essentially give me SAS suspension. The expense being some articulation loss. I was (briefly) reading another guy ran Bilstein 6112’s.

I don’t believe I need a crazy lift for my modest goals but I want to do it right. I want to maintain (hopefully improve) ride quality. I get quality is never the cheap option and I’m okay with that but I don’t want to burn money either.

What do you suggest?

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great to have y'all here. Any plans on a bigger than a 3/4" lift? I am running a BDS on my SAS now with 37's but want to go bigger. I haven't found anyone but Belltech that is attempting it. I talked to BDS the other day and they aren't at this time. Rough Country says their 5" kit will work but only if I use their coil-overs with the kit which I am not a fan of. A real 5/6" kit would be a great offering.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fabtech Motorsports

Fabtech Motorsports

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, jeeps, trucks
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks!
And to your website question, we are (hopefully) launching a new one in the next few months.
It is a bit funky... we like to sell our systems as a complete "package" but I can help on just the Dirt Logic units too!!!

The Heim joint tie rod system is under "accessories"

https://fabtechmotorsports.com/product/tie-rod-heim-kit-fts22349/

Well it's about time! Welcome.

Since you are here now, I always wondered how and why the website is setup the way it is. I run the Dirt Logic complete system, but I wanted to see it or buy it, I can not find it on the website. The same for the Heim joint tie rods.

It is not compatible. With the HOSS system we have not test fitted at all :(
Wish you were in SoCal, to schedule a fitting.

Is the tie rod kit compatible with HOSS 3.0 ? How does yours compare to the 3.0 oem? I’m thinking I need a spare for rocks. I, would probably rather swap yours in, and keep oem as spare for the just in case…

You are one on the right track. My one concern is, once you install 35" tires you may want bigger...
Only thing that I can think of.

Hey Matt, just beginning to scratch the surface and looking for some guidance. I have a 23 non-SAS Badlands. Currently on 17x8 +55 OEM wheels and 33” BFG KO2’s. All stock suspension.

Currently have a BAMF winch bumper in fabrication (will be about 100#) for the front. I will couple with a Warn 10k synthetic winch (another 52# or so). So the front end will drop a little due to the added weight. Eventually I will do a rear bumper but not sure what yet. I don’t expect quite the weight gain there but suspect it will be heavier than factory.

I think I want to stay at a 35” tire and have been debating wheels. Lion’s share are 17x8.5 but a couple options are 17x9. Max offset 0mm but depending on the final wheel selected would be somewhere between 0 to +35. I’m not hung up on 35x12.5 or 315/70’s. I will be looking at weights to minimize rotational mass gains and gearing conflicts.

The above in mind, a leveling lift seems most appropriate. It wouldn’t level me but throwing perch collars on would essentially give me SAS suspension. The expense being some articulation loss. I was (briefly) reading another guy ran Bilstein 6112’s.

I don’t believe I need a crazy lift for my modest goals but I want to do it right. I want to maintain (hopefully improve) ride quality. I get quality is never the cheap option and I’m okay with that but I don’t want to burn money either.

What do you suggest?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fabtech Motorsports

Fabtech Motorsports

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, jeeps, trucks
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Missed this one!!!

Stay tuned!!!
BIG news coming in a couple of weeks ;)

Great to have y'all here. Any plans on a bigger than a 3/4" lift? I am running a BDS on my SAS now with 37's but want to go bigger. I haven't found anyone but Belltech that is attempting it. I talked to BDS the other day and they aren't at this time. Rough Country says their 5" kit will work but only if I use their coil-overs with the kit which I am not a fan of. A real 5/6" kit would be a great offering.

Sponsored

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are one on the right track. My one concern is, once you install 35" tires you may want bigger...
Only thing that I can think of.
I appreciate the response. I won’t lie, I like the idea of going to 37’s. My hesitations are…

1. I will certainly want to regear. The added weight and torsional load of the 37’s will be noticeable to me. I envision 5.38’s.

2. My 23 Badlands has the stock SD rack. I will run it until it breaks but would be a fool to think I won’t need to swap to a Weld74 unit or FP HD rack at some point.

3. Wife is short and will struggle with 35’s and mild lift but can manage. The 37’s and even bigger lift may be too much for her to enjoy. Sounds silly but last year we found out she has a super ultra rare genetic disease that will eventually get her. It’s a long term ordeal but we are trying to maximize life and our experiences while time is still in our favor. Simply stated, I don’t want to build in a way that discourages her any.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I appreciate the response. I won’t lie, I like the idea of going to 37’s. My hesitations are…

1. I will certainly want to regear. The added weight and torsional load of the 37’s will be noticeable to me. I envision 5.38’s.

2. My 23 Badlands has the stock SD rack. I will run it until it breaks but would be a fool to think I won’t need to swap to a Weld74 unit or FP HD rack at some point.

3. Wife is short and will struggle with 35’s and mild lift but can manage. The 37’s and even bigger lift may be too much for her to enjoy. Sounds silly but last year we found out she has a super ultra rare genetic disease that will eventually get her. It’s a long term ordeal but we are trying to maximize life and our experiences while time is still in our favor. Simply stated, I don’t want to build in a way that discourages her any.
1. I run 37's and I have a Badlands with the 4.46 gears. I am automatic, and I do have engine mods. I have no issues with the gearing, but as I said, I am not exactly stock. For what you may do, you may need that gearing.

2. I have the 2.00 rack, but I do not rock crawl. If I did I would look to go with the stronger equipment. So basically upgrade to what you are going to use the vehicle for.

3. Rockslide Engineering slider/steps. They have the piece that comes down to help you get into the vehicle, and the are rock sliders that can support the weight of the vehicle when up. I love mine and they look great.

I run the full 3.0 Uniball lift Dirlogic from Fabtech. Great great system. I have had zero issues with it on or off-road. One day I may get around to upgrading my tie rods, but as I said, there are no MT's in S. Fl, just a lot of mud and roots! For what we have for parks and trails I have no problems.

seananigans

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak 2.7l
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can second the rock sliding engineering steps. I just may add that it’s a ton of bolts to take off once on so make any revisions that require the front fenders [panels above front tires if I used wrong word to describe them] to be removed done before but love my RSE steps. My 5 2 mom can get in pretty easily

OP
OP
Fabtech Motorsports

Fabtech Motorsports

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, jeeps, trucks
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Again all great thoughts.
I am tall, so I always go tall! :LOL:
And happy wife, happy life!!

Sponsored