First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello just picked up a 2022 Wildtrak with 9400miles. While I’m new to the forum I’m not new to Broncos. Owned a 89 EB and well as a 76 which I’ve had for 48 years ( was in family and then became mine in 05).
I was reading up on the issues with the 2.7 and was wondering if there were any signs I can look or listen for that would be predecessors it an engine failure. I did pick up an extended warranty as well as the dealer throwing in a lifetime power train. Love the vehicle, I just hope any issues would’ve happened already. Thoughts?
Sponsored

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think the most common issue with the 2.7 is the cam phasers. If you search around the forum, bunch of ppl here reported failing cam shafts couple years into ownership. As far a total engine failure, I really think it’s highly unlikely but you definitely did a great job getting the extended warranty. Congrats on your new Bronco you’re going to love it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Delta-bronco

Delta-bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the most common issue with the 2.7 is the cam shafts. If you search around the forum, bunch of ppl here reported failing cam shafts couple years into ownership. As far a total engine failure, I really think it’s highly unlikely but you definitely did a great job getting the extended warranty. Congrats on your new Bronco you’re going to love it!
Thanks, I already love it. Bought it purely recreational as I have a daily driver. After owning the 76 I tend to ignore some of the cosmetic issues and noises. Just accept it as being part of owning a Bronco.

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks, I already love it. Bought it purely recreational as I have a daily driver. After owning the 76 I tend to ignore some of the cosmetic issues and noises. Just accept it as being part of owning a Bronco.
Yeah for sure. My Bronco has the 2.3 engine which sounds like a sewing machine and makes weird noises so I just made my peace with it. If it’s something minor then it’s better to just deal with it rather than take it to the dealership because those technicians tend to make things worse at times lol (if it ain’t broke don’t fix it)

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think you’re worrying about something that isn’t there. Some 2021 2.7’s had engine failures, but that issue was resolved.

The only thing you should need to worry about is cam phaser rattle, which in almost all cases won’t cause any type of engine failure. Also there really isn’t anything you can do to prevent it. Some get it, some don’t.

Sponsored

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think you’re worrying about something that isn’t there. Some 2021 2.7’s had engine failures, but that issue was resolved.

The only thing you should need to worry about is cam phaser rattle, which in almost all cases won’t cause any type of engine failure. Also there really isn’t anything you can do to prevent it. Some get it, some don’t.
Have the 2.7 on our ‘23 Wildtrak. No can phaser rattles, no problems. Lots of beans. Just did a long day trip, not off-road; varied speed, comfy and got 22 mpg.
ENJOY!!

OP
OP
Delta-bronco

Delta-bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Nah, not worrying, just inquiring. There was a tick that develops after a few minutes of idling. But it goes away after driving. I put premium in it yesterday so I’ll see if that remedies the issue. Not that it’s really an issue. Otherwise, I’ll just make sure the oil level is good and press on. Thanks for the info.

Happycampinman

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No issues with our Wildtrak. A bit over 12k, off road, highway and city. oil change every 5k and premium fuel. Running like a champ so far.

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got a 22 WT and going on 16K miles, I've made no modifications and runs well, so far no issues I've taken it off road a few times, it works just like advertised, have gotten the ICE oil changed twice and just got OEM tires balanced and rotated, planning on DIY front and rear differential oil changes just to get rid of the fine metal particles, as other owners have mentioned on the blog; also will be changing the oil on the Trans case as well.
you're going to love this Bronco, the old Broncos are very cool, but this one does everything better and easier (I am an old timer so easier is better for me now....):cool::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Delta-bronco

Delta-bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got a 22 WT and going on 16K miles, I've made no modifications and runs well, so far no issues I've taken it off road a few times, it works just like advertised, have gotten the ICE oil changed twice and just got OEM tires balanced and rotated, planning on DIY front and rear differential oil changes just to get rid of the fine metal particles, as other owners have mentioned on the blog; also will be changing the oil on the Trans case as well.
you're going to love this Bronco, the old Broncos are very cool, but this one does everything better and easier (I am an old timer so easier is better for me now....):cool::ROFLMAO:
Haven’t heard that about the front and rear differential. Yeah, the old ones are nice and get a lot of attention, but I’d rather have something I can enjoy without having to worry about it going down and no-one being able to fix it.
Sponsored

Reactions: Los