First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have no problem with the price. Yes it’s more expensive but it does look nice and has more functions than the others. That’s why I was going to buy it until I saw the shipping g price. I’m all for paying a bit more as well for manufacturing in the USA. That’s important to me as I am a patriot and don’t line buying stuff made in China. But if the others are made of steel and are shipping free, and yours is lighter aluminum but costs $100+ to ship, that’s a problem. I’m already paying more for the product, I just don’t want to pile another $100+ on top of that.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have no problem with the price. Yes it’s more expensive but it does look nice and has more functions than the others. That’s why I was going to buy it until I saw the shipping g price. I’m all for paying a bit more as well for manufacturing in the USA. That’s important to me as I am a patriot and don’t line buying stuff made in China. But if the others are made of steel and are shipping free, and yours is lighter aluminum but costs $100+ to ship, that’s a problem. I’m already paying more for the product, I just don’t want to pile another $100+ on top of that.
I understand where you are coming from, However, the shipping is not something that I can control. In the future, I may have more pull as the business matures and has more volume/ and has a longer history with the shipping companies. But that does not help us now.
This items shipping cost is not based off of actual weight but off of dimensional weight. If it was made of steel or aluminum, the price would change minimally if at all. Both the crossmember and stringer require a oversized box.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When will these start shipping? I placed an order - I hope it works on my 2 door. 😬

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When will these start shipping? I placed an order - I hope it works on my 2 door. 😬
Im trying to ship out the raw orders this week, if not for sure next week. For the powder coated one, I will be taking them to powder beginning of next week. Im welding up the batch this week. I will also be verifying fitment on a 2 door on Friday.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In case anyone is wondering - the Mabbett or IAG interior light kit has enough wire to mount the back light to the Lobo cross member. I love this mount system! I may powder coat it at some point, but I'm digging the raw aluminum for now. I'm in the process of mounting my Ham radio as I type...

Ford Bronco NEW! Lobo Off-Road Overhead Mount System 1000007971

Ford Bronco NEW! Lobo Off-Road Overhead Mount System 1000007970

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In case anyone is wondering - the Mabbett or IAG interior light kit has enough wire to mount the back light to the Lobo cross member. I love this mount system! I may powder coat it at some point, but I'm digging the raw aluminum for now. I'm in the process of mounting my Ham radio as I type...

Oh...I like that.......

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm very interested in an overhead molle panel. Did you had any fitment problems similar to what BroncoStang had with the DV8 system? Some others on that thread have mentioned tight fitment. Also how is access to the latches for the roof panels? It's a problem for some brands of overhead molle panels.

I have a TrailRax rack and I don't want to remove it to install anything. So I'm wondering about access for installation.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...el-terrible-fitment-what-are-you-using.95385/

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm very interested in an overhead molle panel. Did you had any fitment problems similar to what BroncoStang had with the DV8 system? Some others on that thread have mentioned tight fitment. Also how is access to the latches for the roof panels? It's a problem for some brands of overhead molle panels.

I have a TrailRax rack and I don't want to remove it to install anything. So I'm wondering about access for installation.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...el-terrible-fitment-what-are-you-using.95385/
Fit is fantastic - no issues at all. I installed it in about 30 min with most of the time on the front mount. You do have to take the front panels off to get the front mount on. I did not take the rear shell off, but I did remove all of the bolts (Rockworks thumb screws are awesome) and lift the front up a bit to get the screws for the rear of the center stringer into the cross member. I propped it up with a piece of a 2x4 on each side. If you have a small enough Torx you could do it without lifting the front of the shell. It may be a tough install with the TrailRax.

All of the top latches are accessible - no issue.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fit is fantastic - no issues at all. I installed it in about 30 min with most of the time on the front mount. You do have to take the front panels off to get the front mount on. I did not take the rear shell off, but I did remove all of the bolts (Rockworks thumb screws are awesome) and lift the front up a bit to get the screws for the rear of the center stringer into the cross member. I propped it up with a piece of a 2x4 on each side. If you have a small enough Torx you could do it without lifting the front of the shell. It may be a tough install with the TrailRax.

All of the top latches are accessible - no issue.
Thanks. Looks like I'll have to forego this then. I may have the same problem with any overhead molle panel.

edit: I didn't know what you meant by "the front of the shell." I thought you were referring to the rear roof panel. I just looked at the original posts. Only need to remove the front and center panels to install this. So I've added the Lobo overhead molle panel system to my list.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Thank you for sharing!!! Im glad to hear you are happy with the product!

I would like to also add that this system will work on a 2 and 4 door, as I know some were concerned that they were not the same.

Sponsored

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you for sharing!!! Im glad to hear you are happy with the product!

I would like to also add that this system will work on a 2 and 4 door, as I know some were concerned that they were not the same.
Yep, mine is a 2D!

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks. Looks like I'll have to forego this then. I may have the same problem with any overhead molle panel.

edit: I didn't know what you meant by "the front of the shell." I thought you were referring to the rear roof panel. I just looked at the original posts. Only need to remove the front and center panels to install this. So I've added the Lobo overhead molle panel system to my list.
I have a 2 door, so only have the front panels and the rear shell/top. I needed to remove the front panels to get the front mount installed and had to prop up the front of the rear top to get clearance for the stringer/crossmember screws. If you have a 4 door, I would imagine that you would also have to remove the front panels and need to remove or prop up the middle panel for the crossmember screws. Hope that makes sense...

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 2 door, so only have the front panels and the rear shell/top. I needed to remove the front panels to get the front mount installed and had to prop up the front of the rear top to get clearance for the stringer/crossmember screws. If you have a 4 door, I would imagine that you would also have to remove the front panels and need to remove or prop up the middle panel for the crossmember screws. Hope that makes sense...
yes on a 4 door, we just removed the front and middle panels, for installation

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got mine installed just in time for Big Bear Bronco Bash last week! Full writeup and install video inbound soon :)

DTS_7525X-2400w.jpg
Sponsored