Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is the amp plug and play. I have no clue what I’m doing here.
it's close with the right harness.. if you want to stick with the 6.5" speakers in the door (and likely replace the 4" in the dash), take some time and read this thread.. it will answer most of your questions

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ideo-do-this-first.38520/page-23#post-1322045

what it will point you to is a harness from here and you can get the amp included

https://plugnplaykits.com/products/...y-audio-harnesses-kits?variant=41130698014910
Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The instrument panel speaker doesnt have a positive/negative labeling though....We are assuming yellow stays positive?
You could try reversing the polarity on the instrument panel speakers and see what that does. Keep in mind you have to do both sides. So swap the two outputs with the inputs. If you get less bass then you know it is reversed, if you get more bass then you know its good to go.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are the new speakers the same ohms as the stock ones?

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are the new speakers the same ohms as the stock ones?
Thats a good question too. If they arent then you are losing power which could account for the loss of bass.

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
They do make an adapter for those kick panel speakers. You didn’t have to cut and splice that way you would have known it was correct. But most likely the speakers are not getting enough power. I didn’t touch my kick panel speakers until I added an amp. Just about everything I’ve seen on the forum people were disappointed in the sound they got from upgrading the kick panel speakers still powered by the factory head unit.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’ve looked at this for probably an hour and can’t figure out what it means.
It shows 4 wires going to the speaker but my speaker only has a spot for 2. So I put the two yellow to positive and green and purple to negative.
Got a pic of the harness you cut off? At first glance i think you got the wires going to dash backwards; but not so sure at second glance.

OP
OP
Hyfly

Hyfly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks everyone for the help.
Know where to get a replacement male plug so I can go back to the stock speaker?

OP
OP
Hyfly

Hyfly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Those are 100 watt RMS. Too much speaker without an amp.
Looks like I’m gonna swing by the shop tomorrow to see what they will charge to add an amp and get this working properly.

Deleted member 32220

I’ve looked at this for probably an hour and can’t figure out what it means.
It shows 4 wires going to the speaker but my speaker only has a spot for 2. So I put the two yellow to positive and green and purple to negative.
Did you use any other means than twist and tape? Above is a schematic the smaller dash speakers are wired in parallel with the 6.5 in the kick panels. Just look at the schematic and make sure your wires are in the same “orientation” connection wise and crimp or solder something together if you haven’t done so already.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hyfly

Hyfly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you use any other means than twist and tape? Above is a schematic the smaller dash speakers are wired in parallel with the 6.5 in the kick panels. Just look at the schematic and make sure your wires are in the same “orientation” connection wise and crimp or solder something together if you haven’t done so already.
Yes. The tape is just temp for testing until I get it right. With it not sounding as good I didn’t want anything permanent. Although now it’s sounding like it’s an amp issue and not a wiring issue.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes. The tape is just temp for testing until I get it right. With it not sounding as good I didn’t want anything permanent. Although now it’s sounding like it’s an amp issue and not a wiring issue.
You are probably right. You have two speakers running in parallel off one channel on the stock amp which is probably low power.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It is still a weird setup though. Car speakers are usually 4 ohms resistance. the back ones are each on a single channel. The front ones are in parallel with a combined resistance of 2 ohms if that is how they are wired. So does the amp use 4 ohm for the rear and 2 ohm for the front? I've never seen an amp do that.

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Please note the tape is temporary because I’ve had to undo them so much. Am trying to get it right before permanently connecting them.

C537C5D3-E134-4CA3-83A2-9D593007D72A.jpeg

8AE78F1D-ADB9-4A3E-88DE-FB06C6A77B3A.jpeg
You have it wired wrong. The green/brown wire should be wired to the yellow/grey wire and the negative input to the kicker speaker. The yellow/orange wire should be wired to the violet/grey wire and the positive input to the kicker speaker.
Sponsored