First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am very close to pulling the trigger on the volant intake. However, I have been seeing mixed reviews about CAI. Yes, I understand the gains are nothing crazy but the turbo sound is well worth it IMO. Any other suggestions or comments before I buy?
Sponsored

Night Horse

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch / Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO, since you asked, before I thought about it, I added a K&N filter by mine. However, since I offroad in dusty conditions, it occurred to me that the dust might get into the engine easier vs. a stock filter. Sure enough, after some research the consensus is that K&N filters do perform better, but also do not filter nearly as well. So, I removed the K&N and fortunately got a refund and put the stock filter back in. Now, as far as benefits from just having a CAI keeping a stock type filter, that might be fine. If it's the turbo whistle you are after, then you could replace the factory intake tubing since it is designed to reduce the turbo noise. Again, just my nickels worth.

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am very close to pulling the trigger on the volant intake. However, I have been seeing mixed reviews about CAI. Yes, I understand the gains are nothing crazy but the turbo sound is well worth it IMO. Any other suggestions or comments before I buy?
I got it, no issues, and its nice. Definitely recommend it, though I dont really ford no idea about that

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Volant with their dry air filter and it's no louder than the stock air box.

I also have the Donaldson Powercore filter (with filter sock) for off-road/dusty conditions.
It's great for filtering dust but it does rob some power. It must be pretty restrictive because the power loss is very noticeable.

OP
OP
EG_BRONCO

EG_BRONCO

Outer Banks
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the responses. I like the idea of a CAI; I want to try to find a system that will also somewhat amplify the sound of the turbo.

Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the responses. I like the idea of a CAI; I want to try to find a system that will also somewhat amplify the sound of the turbo.
Ask the Ford Pro Cal owners if there is more woosh after they got the tune. I'm thinking yes and that will actually get you measurable HP gains

Tucker417

Outer Banks
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the Injen intake and love it. No complaints here.

OP
OP
EG_BRONCO

EG_BRONCO

Outer Banks
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Tucker417

Outer Banks
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have you taken it offroad?
I have not. The Bronco is my wife’s rig and probably won’t see much off-roading in its lifetime other than a few trips here and there.

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had the Mishimoto intake; it had more intake sound but I wasn’t wild about the fact that it retained some of the stock tubing. Also - they made it so you have to take the entire unit out to replace the filter, which is annoying.

I recently replaced it with the S&B and I absolutely love it. Lots of noise - turbo spool is very audible (I have the ford tune and the turbo smart BOV fwiw). Replaced all the tubing and I can finally replace the filter without taking the whole damn thing out lol. HIGHLY recommended!
Sponsored