Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Rear window removal is super easy! However, the steps in the little "quick start" booklet don't explain it properly at all. So, here is how it goes ... You use the tools provided in the Bronco kit (comes in your glove box), which makes it easy. Remove the bolt that is on the inside rear end of the quarter window. Put that in your tool bag. Once you do this, the glass will pop out a tiny amount. It's not going to fall out, but it was easy enough to hold one hand on the outside side of the window (just in case) while removing the bolt. (I'm 5'6" for reaching reference.) Then you move outside and slide the glass portion out, horizontally, toward the back of the vehicle. There are 2 ball / socket joints that the glass pops into so it's a little wiggle to get them free, but very light pressure is all it takes. The glass isn't heavy, and was very easy to handle.
Now they just gotta design a quick release on that back windshield!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jeffp1108

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I wanted to make a thread to offer to share any information you Heritage guys want while you wait for yours to arrive. I've had mine a few days now, so ask anything and I'll take pics or videos for you.

Here's a video I took when I saw my Heritage for the first time:

Here's a video I made on removing the rear quarter windows:

Rear window removal is super easy! However, the steps in the little "quick start" booklet don't explain it properly at all. So, here is how it goes ... You use the tools provided in the Bronco kit (comes in your glove box), which makes it easy. Remove the bolt that is on the inside rear end of the quarter window. Put that in your tool bag. Once you do this, the glass will pop out a tiny amount. It's not going to fall out, but it was easy enough to hold one hand on the outside side of the window (just in case) while removing the bolt. (I'm 5'6" for reaching reference.) Then you move outside and slide the glass portion out, horizontally, toward the back of the vehicle. There are 2 ball / socket joints that the glass pops into so it's a little wiggle to get them free, but very light pressure is all it takes. The glass isn't heavy, and was very easy to handle.
Man....she's beautiful!!! I don't like cactus gray on other Broncos....but damn it looks good on the HE!!

Congrats!!!

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here's a video I made on removing the rear quarter windows:

Well, That's quite a difference from what they showed us in 2020. It went from pushing a button to needing tools.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, That's quite a difference from what they showed us in 2020. It went from pushing a button to needing tools.

Probably made it cheaper to have the customer assemble part of the top for them... :ROFLMAO:

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the cupholder console is on the 2 door, this is a 4 door.
From my knowledge the cupholder arm rear is with the leather package only. I have a 4dr w/ leather and it has it. Those that have the marine grade seats do not. Im now assuming that the cloth seats also do not.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Wonder if they accidentally unlatched while out on the trail with body flex and had to use the bolt method?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wonder if they accidentally unlatched while out on the trail with body flex and had to use the bolt method?
Could be. I'm guessing engineering or accounting killed it. Although, maybe Ford couldn't source push buttons for the window. 🤷‍♂️ :LOL:

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
If you have young kids you know why they made it “tools required”
🤣🤣🤣

Sponsored

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Man....she's beautiful!!! I don't like cactus gray on other Broncos....but damn it looks good on the HE!!

Congrats!!!
DITTO, congrats Lisa on your new Bronco!!

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wait! So does the rear quarter window come out on all the hard tops or is this something only on the Heritage model hard tops?

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If you have young kids you know why they made it “tools required”
🤣🤣🤣
Yup, I'm thinking the bolt is a safety feature so it doesn't "accidentally" get pushed while driving down the road.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Wait! So does the rear quarter window come out on all the hard tops or is this something only on the Heritage model hard tops?
Only on the Mod-Tops, so HE and HE-L only for MY2023. Might be available on other models in MY2024 (also black and body-color Mod-Tops), but we'll have to wait until that info is released by Ford in August (or sometime after that)

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Damn, there would be so much less wind turbulence with the front top panels off and the rear cap still in place.

Only on the Mod-Tops, so HE and HE-L only for MY2023. Might be available on other models in MY2024 (also black and body-color Mod-Tops), but we'll have to wait until that info is released by Ford in August (or sometime after that)
Sponsored