Multiple Cracked Windshields

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has to be a REAL specific trajectory for a bug deflector to do anything with rocks šŸ¤£
Can't hurt I guess
Na, you dont get it. At speed, that deflector causes a specific air deflection, upwards, causing incoming projectiles, whatever it is, to be slowed/pushed away from a direct hit.

I have had 3 hits while driving, not one even caused any damage.

šŸ˜‡
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Na, you dont get it. At speed, that deflector causes a specific air deflection, upwards, causing incoming projectiles, whatever it is, to be slowed/pushed away from a direct hit.

I have had 3 hits while driving, not one even caused any damage.

šŸ˜‡
We're talking about rocks here... Made from, ya know, stone. Lol
If it can't float on water, it's not gonna be deflected by turbulence caused by a bug deflector.
I've had at least 3 hits on my windshield as well. No damage. No deflector. It's call shit luck.

OP
OP
jwvice

jwvice

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Platinum F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Stop replacing them. When they make a small ding, I just repair the windshield.
They have both cracked all the way through left to right within a day. Will def fill them whenever possible.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They have both cracked all the way through left to right within a day. Will def fill them whenever possible.
I was going to say, you should invest in a glass repair kit. After about my second or third champ, and paying $60 a pop, I decided to just fix them myself. Sure I'm not a professional, but I have yet had one spread.

But I've literally gotten a rock hit on the way home, and immediately applied the fix kit.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Question about the hood deflector - Should it create added drag?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Maybe I just have really bad luck but I am on my second and soon to be third windshield. I have had two Wranglers and donā€™t recall this issue. First windshield took multiple hits, starring then finally cracking and running the full width of the windshield. I replaced with an OEM about a month ago. It took hits and starring again this morning. Iā€™m sure the angle is part of the issue but rocks and debris are not glancing off like I would hope. Is there a durability issue or again, just bad luck? Anybody else having issues?
Hi there, Jeremy! This definitely doesnā€™t sound like the experience we want you to be havingā€“ If you'd like to, go ahead and send a private message to us with your VIN and the name & location of dealership. Iā€™d be happy to look into this for you. Thank you!
Sponsored