Sponsored

Mud flaps for Wildtrak with factory tube steps?

WildTrakFl

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Picking up a 2024 4 door Wildtrak with factory tube steps and have been exploring the various posts on mud flaps. Was leaning towards Rockbloxz but thier website has this warning. “We have found that models with factory tube steps and larger tires may not have enough clearance between the flap and tire and will therefore experience rubbing.” I am trying to figure out that will apply to the stock tires and tube steps on the Wildtrak. I did fill out the contact form for Rockblockz and asked but but the response said “The factory tube steps may or may not cause rubbing with the flaps.” So, I’m still wondering.

I searched and found several older posts asking similar questions, but did not see any clear answers. Advice or recommendations for mud flaps that would work would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What size tires do you have?
I had to trim the inner flange on my Mabett front mudflaps for 35” tire clearance because of the factory rock rails. I really like the Mabett flaps though.
IMG_0495.jpeg
IMG_0013.jpeg

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Wildtrak will have 35” tires.
Part of my clearance issue is the aftermarket +12mm wheel offset. Stock offset you probably will clear the Mabett’s without trimming. You definitely want mudflaps as soon as you can get them on there though. To protect your paint.

Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Picking up a 2024 4 door Wildtrak with factory tube steps and have been exploring the various posts on mud flaps. Was leaning towards Rockbloxz but thier website has this warning. “We have found that models with factory tube steps and larger tires may not have enough clearance between the flap and tire and will therefore experience rubbing.” I am trying to figure out that will apply to the stock tires and tube steps on the Wildtrak. I did fill out the contact form for Rockblockz and asked but but the response said “The factory tube steps may or may not cause rubbing with the flaps.” So, I’m still wondering.

I searched and found several older posts asking similar questions, but did not see any clear answers. Advice or recommendations for mud flaps that would work would be greatly appreciated.
WeatherTech
Ford Bronco Mud flaps for Wildtrak with factory tube steps? IMG_6365

Skott

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've got factory tube steps on my WT, and I have the Mabett set on mine. They definitely help against rock slinging, along with the OEM trail armor rocker panels.

Fairly easy to install. I'll share photos, if I find them.

tempImageaTAOwd.png

tempImagekbLSRF.png

tempImageIGmHaP.png

tempImagedAkWKp.png

tempImageYCBved.png

tempImagevOSCcn.png

tempImageEPIwV1.png

tempImageVuALfZ.png

Red Sox 4Life

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette, Lexus GS350, Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Rokblokz worked fine on mine with the factory tube steps (before I swapped them out for sliders).

Ford Bronco Mud flaps for Wildtrak with factory tube steps? tempImageVuALfZ
This is exactly what mine looks like, zero issues with RoKBlokz

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bought the IAG IAG-I-Line right away because I was worried about all the rock throwing everyone said would happen and I didn't want rock chips. They aren't exactly what I wanted, but I haven't found exactly what I wanted so I bought them but haven't put them on yet.
Here's the interesting part, my Bronco came with the factory steps (which I didn't want) and they do a great job as rock blockers, so I haven't 'had' to put them on to save my paint. Sometimes you get lucky.

Mudflaps are a necessary eye sore - I don't like them, but I don't like rooster tails or throwing stones at the car behind me, so I like them as small as possible but also want ones that easily come off. I haven't had the time to figure it all out yet but I'm working on it.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I installed with no problems

IMG_20240502_121456083_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240505_102906540.jpg

IMG_20240505_102906540.jpg

IMG_20240505_102913914_MP.jpg

IMG_20240505_102926402.jpg

Sponsored

retiredarmymp

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 21 Badlands Sasquatch with 2 inch lift. The RokBlokz worked great with factory tube steps with no rubbing.
Ford Bronco Mud flaps for Wildtrak with factory tube steps? IMG_6153

G1D1UP

Wildtrak
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Installed the Mabett mudflaps first thing after taking delivery to aviod annoying rock throwing paint damage. I shaved them down a little bit with a dremel tool to reduce the wheel rub, but for the most part, I am happy with them.
Ford Bronco Mud flaps for Wildtrak with factory tube steps? 20230527_074205

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Did weathertech change their design? I thought they had a gap between top of flap and fender flair(woooo).
?? No clue @NatureMan

I have them on my Braptor too but it’s a totally different design based on the “Rubbermaid” flares
Ford Bronco Mud flaps for Wildtrak with factory tube steps? 8815F07E-BAA0-4AE4-AF33-33844AF6501E