James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Based on the install instructions, it looks like you’ll need to unbolt and disassemble quite a bit to take it off in order to put the top down. Doesn’t seem practical.
I did review those and see that, might have to unbolt the 4 corners basically. Wouldn't seem particularly worth it. As with the others, I'm a bit confused on the pricing vs features. It is the best looking option for a soft top so far, that is for sure.
Sponsored

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did review those and see that, might have to unbolt the 4 corners basically. Wouldn't seem particularly worth it. As with the others, I'm a bit confused on the pricing vs features. It is the best looking option for a soft top so far, that is for sure.
It is a nice looking rack for sure, but I think a lot of the added cost comes from the complex bends and welds needed to get the resulting geometry. If you look at most of the other aftermarket racks, they're comprised of bent pieces of aluminum with 8020 crossbars. Not particularly complex to manufacture.

They do have a picture of it mounted on a soft top on their product page, not super clear though.

Ford Bronco Modular Roof Rack for 4-door, hard or soft top, Ford Bronco from RTR Vehicles! Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 8.38.25 AM

Roach011

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It is a nice looking rack for sure, but I think a lot of the added cost comes from the complex bends and welds needed to get the resulting geometry. If you look at most of the other aftermarket racks, they're comprised of bent pieces of aluminum with 8020 crossbars. Not particularly complex to manufacture.

They do have a picture of it mounted on a soft top on their product page, not super clear though.

Ford Bronco Modular Roof Rack for 4-door, hard or soft top, Ford Bronco from RTR Vehicles! Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 8.38.25 AM

Yea I saw that. More would be helpful.

eqlol

Everglades
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

The RTR Bronco Roof Rack blends off-road capability and versatility to create the perfect platform for adventure. This Bronco Roof Rack was designed to seamlessly integrate with any 4-door Bronco or Bronco Raptor and is compatible with either hardtop or softtop options, and with a unique design that integrates seamlessly with your your Bronco.
  • Fits any 4-door 2021+ Ford Bronco and 2022+ Bronco Raptor
  • Compatible with hardtop and soft-top-equipped Broncos
  • Direct bolt-on installation
  • Constructed from formed steel plate and 1.75” OD steel tubes
  • Includes (6) heavy-duty 30mm x 60mm TSLOT cross bars
  • Powder-coated steel parts and anodized aluminum crossbars
  • Optional PROJECT X lighting options and Molle Accessory Panel
  • Durable, powder-coated finishes
  • Overall height increased by only 3.625 inches
  • Made in the USA
Ford Bronco Modular Roof Rack for 4-door, hard or soft top, Ford Bronco from RTR Vehicles! Bronco Meme

The RTR Roof Rack is constructed from constructed from formed steel plates, 1.75” OD steel tubes, and 30mmx60mm heavy-duty aluminum TSLOT crossbars. The tubular steel is finished with a black powder coat and the TSLOT cross bars are anodized with a black finish. With all of this, the overall height is only increased by 3.625 inches.

Ford Bronco Modular Roof Rack for 4-door, hard or soft top, Ford Bronco from RTR Vehicles! Bronco Meme

The RTR Light Bar is designed and manufactured with consideration of OEM fitment. This light bar is designed to have a tight fit on your Bronco. The RTR light bar is a gusseted steel bar that eliminates any flicker in the light pattern and has a durable, powder-coated finish. This product DOES NOT come with lighting provisions, we recommend these PROJECT X lighting options.

Optional Molle Accessory Panels are available separately for added mounted storage and rigidity. They can be installed on each side of the RTR Bronco Roof Rack and feature numerous mounting locations for all of the accessories that you may need on your next adventure. The RTR Roof Racks integrated TSLOT crossbars allow you to add rooftop tents, cargo boxes, or recreational outdoor equipment. This roof rack has an 800lb static load rating.

The RTR Bronco Roof Rack utilizes factory mounting locations to ensure rigidity and durability, due to this modular hard tops are not removable while the RTR Roof Rack is equipped. Since we already designed the RTR Lightbar to utilize the factory accessory mounting points, our engineering team designed the Roof Rack to seamlessly integrate with the RTR Lightbar and provide your Bronco the reliability and security for the adventures ahead.

For more information, please visit this LINK!
would this be compatible with a 2023 Everglades trim, due to the snorkel?

Sponsored

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like they bolt on to the plastic in front of the windshield where the ditch lights would go.
So this rack eliminates the ability to run ditch/a pillar lighting?

would this be compatible with a 2023 Everglades trim, due to the snorkel?
No because of this tie down point.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So this rack eliminates the ability to run ditch/a pillar lighting?
Don't quote me on this, but looks like there's a seemingly random bolt a few inches up, where I assume would be the ditch light install point.

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm guessing some here but having been down the 4dr roof rack with a tent on top I'm thinking there are several pros and several cons to this. I currently run a Valkyrie design V2. Why version 2, well because version 1 sucked and damaged my Bronco. And this one isn't too much better but it's at least not damaging my A pillar like V1 did and it doesn't look like a malnourished horse with a dip in its back like the previous version did with a whopping 165 lbs on top.
The big pro I suspect with the RTR, is the ability to load some of the static and more importantly kinetic weight down the round bar to the ditch light bracket area and to the lower sill area on the rear windows. My current setup has none of this and is therefore always talking to me, read squeaking, when I'm hitting bumps. These tops are really light weight and therefore also not very stout. they will make noise with weight applied to them. Try out a washboard road for about an hour and let me know how you like this or the Trail Rack designs. My V2 basically lost the ability to remove the roof panels too. It sits lower and unless you want to scrap the crap out of them, It ain't coming out. The rack is actually wind noise quite though and seems good on mileage as compared with no rack. To the tune of about .1 or .2 MPG loss with it on. And it looks slicker than the tube designs. It's also cheaper, but it's also cheaper. Read this as a pro and con.

Big negative with the RTR design is the price of course and the wind noise I'm guessing. Plus it doesn't look very sleek, but it's not as Jurassic Park looking as the Gobi attempt. I'm also looking at those round lights which I personally wouldn't go for, but what lies underneath is a block? Kind of ugly I'd guess and definitely going to pull more mileage out of the tank.
It's not an easy task to get everything right on these things as each design has so many compromises that have to be made.

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't quote me on this, but looks like there's a seemingly random bolt a few inches up, where I assume would be the ditch light install point.
It would be rather tight against the a pillar at that point and I have to imagine wind/whistling being up there. Also most lights on the market arent meant to be mounted on the sides (optics positioning). Looks strong though
Sponsored