Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What type of noise reduction did all of this produce?
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Awesome write up! Thanks for the information. It's sad that we pay tens of thousands of dollars for a vehicle and have to do these common sense repairs when we should all get what we paid for, a premium vehicle for a premium price. But oh well, everyone have a great day!
Don't forget, you can't use the Made In China seals because they aren't the quality, Made In America stuff!

Made In America is required to fix the issues your Made In...... America.... Bronco has.

You paid a premium to have American union labor and American golden-parachute enabled upper management build the vehicle for you.

The irony is palpable.

As for @BroncoWhisperer , thank you for an excellent how-to. Materials needed, detailed images, written instruction and continuing to update with new info as it comes available! Love it!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Very much so.
I honestly dreaded taking it on the highway because it was making me dislike the vehicle I waited nearly 2 years for.
Now I look forward to every drive!

It also didn't take very long and the cost is pretty minimal.

But as others have said - it may only be worth it if you got an unlucky noisy one.
Bookmarking this thread for future reference, thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Natethegreat1979

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't forget, you can't use the Made In China seals because they aren't the quality, Made In America stuff!

Made In America is required to fix the issues your Made In...... America.... Bronco has.

You paid a premium to have American union labor and American golden-parachute enabled upper management build the vehicle for you.

The irony is palpable.

As for @BroncoWhisperer , thank you for an excellent how-to. Materials needed, detailed images, written instruction and continuing to update with new info as it comes available! Love it!
Ok......

Sponsored

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perfect Segway to my question. I just installed a Sunrider. Definitely elevated wind noise. Any thoughts about applying some rubber stripping strategically to the Sunrider?

WaitingForMyBroncoHTX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Appreciate the write up on this guys! I have bought some better seals and plan on tackling this in the next week or so. I don't have any issue with wind noise at the front of the vehicle and it comes from the back, so I plan on doing all the rear stuff.

Does anyone know what this is for and why there is a big gap? This is between driver and rear door, possibly for water to seep out?

1.jpg

OP
OP
BroncoWhisperer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco | '16 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Appreciate the write up on this guys! I have bought some better seals and plan on tackling this in the next week or so. I don't have any issue with wind noise at the front of the vehicle and it comes from the back, so I plan on doing all the rear stuff.

Does anyone know what this is for and why there is a big gap? This is between driver and rear door, possibly for water to seep out?

Ford Bronco MIC Hard Top Wind Noise Reduction - 2023 Edition - Plus Bonus Fix for Bad Adhesive 1
That's my understanding. If you trace the path that the filter is in (you can see in the interior shots of the rear hatch off) it would make sense as a drain for any water that gets by the seals. I would recommend keeping it open - Water damage is worse than wind noise ;)

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My 2021 was so noisy... my 2023 is a "normal" sounding top. So much more pleasant. It's not perfect, but night and day difference.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone using a mesh Bimini type shade which was left installed under hard top and also put in the round foam tubes to cut down wind noise. Curious how that all worked out. 2dr owner but 2 or 4 dr feedback would be great.

Sponsored

ssypien

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone using a mesh Bimini type shade which was left installed under hard top and also put in the round foam tubes to cut down wind noise. Curious how that all worked out. 2dr owner but 2 or 4 dr feedback would be great.
I have a 4dr and have the Rough Country bikini mesh that I leave on when I put the HT back on. I have put it the foam tubes and they fit great and there was a slight decrease in sound/noise, no issues on fitment

Rendo

Wildtrak
First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 4dr Wildtrak (Lux pkg w/ factory sound deadening on MIC top) w/ a JTops Bimini Sunshade top w/ both the foam tubes & all the wind noise reduction tubing (except for the front weather adhesion stripping & outboard latch bracket) that the OP has presented on this thread. No fitment problems w/ the hardtop & I have removed & reattached my hardtop multiple times over the last month. Wind noise from the top is basically nonexistent for me now. Most of the noise I heard after applying these mods came from my tires & road noise.

I also just completed putting on some Kilmat sound deadening mat on my cargo area & all four of my doors last week much like @CXXX did. This is the Kilmat box I bought that was enough to cover all of those areas…

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092DMQ5NF?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I gotta say, doing all of this has greatly reduced exterior noise. Wind noise greatly reduced & road noise basically cut in half. Maybe since I did all this I may be getting a placebo effect, but after doing a 3 hour road trip this past weekend, I can say having a conversation @ 80mph is a lot easier now. No more yelling over road & wind noise! Even w/ the radio going! Plus, doors feel a lot more sturdy & sound a lot more solid when closing. Highly recommend deadening them.

I haven’t decided if I’m gonna do the whole cabin yet, but w/ the results I’ve gotten so far I am more inclined to do it now. I just know the project may be a little more daunting. If you want great videos on how to do the deadening, @1Five1 Garage have a series of videos on how to do it all step by step. I used these videos to do it all myself…

NOTE: I didn’t use the same Dynamat cutouts they used, but basically cut the Kilmat I had to do the same job.

Last edited:

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$50 shipping for rubber seals seems outrageous. Is there a cheaper alternative?

Edit:
Found the same stuff on Amazon (at least the same dimensions but twice the length)

zxc.JPG

Last edited:

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak,'24 Maverick Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My 2021 was so noisy... my 2023 is a "normal" sounding top. So much more pleasant. It's not perfect, but night and day difference.
I'd agree with you, my '21 BL was much noisier than my '23 WT. Now what I don't know is if the 2dr by nature is noisier because I went from a 2dr to a 4dr. I would have expected the 4dr to be noisier because it has so much more surface and seams.
Sponsored