Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be buying Buster Braces for my BaseSquatch for sure. It does look lifted with larger tires BUT it sure doesn't look like it was in a precarious or bad spot - who knows what led up to this though.

Love me some Matt's ORR
JKS has rod sleeves as well

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be buying Buster Braces for my BaseSquatch for sure. It does look lifted with larger tires BUT it sure doesn't look like it was in a precarious or bad spot - who knows what led up to this though.

Love me some Matt's ORR
I'm going with a new off-roader who hammered it when you shouldn't hammer it. Then the welder comes out.

Trino351c

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, John Deere Tractor, Snowshoes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lesson learned, Don’t forget your differential drop bracket. If I was going up more than 2” on an IFS I wouldn’t install a kit without dropping the differential.

Sponsored

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The tie rods are the Achilles heel.

Hobbes

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I LOVE Matt's Off-Road Recovery! If you haven't seen it, give it a try. They have not had many Bronco's on the show yet. And I think that whole insurance fraud thing was a bunch of crap. I'll side with Matt over the insurance company every time. Insurance companies (health, car, etc.) scam people all the time and they never get in trouble.

Hobbes

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One recovery cost $15K?! That makes me feel better about buying the braces.
That amount was for a lot of recoveries, not just one.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That amount was for a lot of recoveries, not just one.
Whew! I do watch the videos when youtube's AI pushes them to my recommended list.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I LOVE Matt's Off-Road Recovery! If you haven't seen it, give it a try. They have not had many Bronco's on the show yet. And I think that whole insurance fraud thing was a bunch of crap. I'll side with Matt over the insurance company every time. Insurance companies (health, car, etc.) scam people all the time and they never get in trouble.
I lived in Georgia for a couple of years next door to an insurance adjuster. Never knew one before, or after. I remember one day we were having some beers and he said he felt like the devil sometimes at his job. Didn't understand why he said that. He told me that he would go to a home that was damaged in a storm and ask an elderly couple if they had left something unlocked and if they admitted it, they would not cover for the damage, even though they were insured. I'll never forget that. At that moment I understood what he meant.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

100% agree, my favorite YT channel. It is a great mix of interesting people, cool fabrication and vehicle mods, beautiful scenery, offroad driving, problem solving, and good clean fun. They are likely making $1M per year on YT + merch, I don't think they would intentionally risk jail time for a $15k insurance fraud. I always assumed it was just a paperwork goof or something like that. Maybe I am being naive...

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

JKS has rod sleeves as well

And they are very reasonable in price. ;)

Ford Bronco Matt’s Offroad Recovery rescues a Bronco by welding tie rods on the trail! 1649281405345

Should get the job done just as good as the "jewelry" option. 😁

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There was nothing forcing the customers to use their insurance coverage instead of out-of-pocket

If you ever need a policy covered just remember this and do the moral thing. Commit insurance fraud Write the check out of your own personal account.

It's akin to why people gripe about paying their HOA dues, but always seem shy about covering the $250,000+ roof replacement job on their own. Come on, put your money where your mouth is!
Sponsored