James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The side of my driver's seat is starting to tear. It has a couple rips.

I was a little hesitant about marine grade and vinyl when we first got it because I've never had it but people on the forum seem to think it was going to be very durable.

I have 23,000 mi on it in 2 years. Should this be happening? I've had Ford leather on every other car I've ever had and other than getting cracked after many many years I've never had tears in it. This is a 2021!

Is this something that would be covered by warranty? I hope so. I'm gonna need to stop by soon. I'm having an issue with my soft top too, it's rubbing on something and starting to cause an abrasion.

Love this truck but there are minor issues that keep popping up.

Ford Bronco Marine grade vinyl not holding up. Have a couple rips starting PXL_20230901_173111643
Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The side of my driver's seat is starting to tear. It has a couple rips.

I was a little hesitant about marine grade and vinyl when we first got it because I've never had it but people on the forum seem to think it was going to be very durable.

I have 23,000 mi on it in 2 years. Should this be happening? I've had Ford leather on every other car I've ever had and other than getting cracked after many many years I've never had tears in it. This is a 2021!

Is this something that would be covered by warranty? I hope so. I'm gonna need to stop by soon. I'm having an issue with my soft top too, it's rubbing on something and starting to cause an abrasion.

Love this truck but there are minor issues that keep popping up.

Ford Bronco Marine grade vinyl not holding up. Have a couple rips starting PXL_20230901_173111643
These "cuts" don't appear as "cracks", they don't appear to be "worn through"...please explain why you feel this is a defects and not user caused?

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The same thing has started happening to mine on the drivers side the last few months. I have a 2021 and a little over 40,000 miles on my Bronco. Gonna find out today if it’s covered under my extended warranty. Hopefully it is as it wasn’t user error and started happening on its own.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This looks similar to what others have reported as well. I don't recall if it was covered under warranty but I think it should be. These do look like typical vinyl cracks where it gets folded from getting in and out.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw that as being a potential future issue, so I bought a nice used spare a couple months ago. The P/N you need is in the picture below for a Badlands MGV driver seat bottom. I don't have any Warranty...

Ford Bronco Marine grade vinyl not holding up. Have a couple rips starting E9jvY0C

Sponsored
OP
OP
SigSauer226

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These "cuts" don't appear as "cracks", they don't appear to be "worn through"...please explain why you feel this is a defects and not user caused?
Because in other Ford vehicles with leather I've kept for 20 years I've never had any tears getting in and out of the driver's seat.

This vehicle I'm 2 years in and I have rips starting already. Everybody was talking up the durability of marine grade vinyl because it allegedly stands up to sun and exterior abuse like in boats.

The exposed seat on my John Deere tractor lasted longer.

Unless I'm supposed to levitate into the seat I don't see how it would be user error.

Jim

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

These small cracks seem to be somewhat common with the MGV over time. Personally I would consider it warrantable issue so long as there is not evidence to suggest otherwise. Judging from the picture, I doubt you caused this. However, at the end of the day it’ll be up to your dealership.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw that as being a potential future issue, so I bought a nice used spare a couple months ago. The P/N you need is in the picture below for a Badlands MGV driver seat bottom. I don't have any Warranty...

Ford Bronco Marine grade vinyl not holding up. Have a couple rips starting E9jvY0C
How hard is it to install this? Any instructions anywhere? My seat bottom isn’t covered under the extended warranty and I am over the 36,000 miles for the base warranty so I will be purchasing this seat bottom.

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How hard is it to install this? Any instructions anywhere? My seat bottom isn’t covered under the extended warranty and I am over the 36,000 miles for the base warranty so I will be purchasing this seat bottom.
I haven’t done the swap yet. I’ll wait until I’m ready to sell and then do it to make it look tip top.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because in other Ford vehicles with leather I've kept for 20 years I've never had any tears getting in and out of the driver's seat.

This vehicle I'm 2 years in and I have rips starting already. Everybody was talking up the durability of marine grade vinyl because it allegedly stands up to sun and exterior abuse like in boats.

The exposed seat on my John Deere tractor lasted longer.

Unless I'm supposed to levitate into the seat I don't see how it would be user error.

Jim
I've got the same seats, have had my Badlands for over 2 years and nothing like that...they appear to be newer than my FOST leather Recaro's at the same age, but the bronco is much taller, maybe sliding in is the issue?

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've got the same seats, have had my Badlands for over 2 years and nothing like that...they appear to be newer than my FOST leather Recaro's at the same age, but the bronco is much taller, maybe sliding in is the issue?
I agree. Mine look brand new still

OP
OP
SigSauer226

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is the side of the seat. So I don't think I'm actually sitting on the part it's just getting squished.

Mkass

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You need to care for the vinyl like you would leather. I clean mine with Murphy oil soap and than spray on 303 vinyl care
Sponsored