Sponsored

Mabett Raptor Style Tailgate Hinge Reinforcement Kit for Ford Bronco Available Now!

GNFITR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"FauxSquatch" Bronco Badlands w/ Sasquatch Wheels
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You guys can check this video for installation. The key is to make sure the hinges are at the right position.
Just my observation having done this: The gentleman in the video took a lot of time and stressed the importance of aligning the tailgate in the video. The problem is-he did so prior to installing the reinforcement plate and without the ~100 lb. wheel and tire installed so IMO that was a waste of time. My recommendation is to not spend a lot of time on tailgate alignment at this point during the install. Possibly just adjust it so that it is slightly high on the left because it will drop under load. The alignment will change when the tire is mounted and in most cases you will need to loosen and adjust the placement of the hinges (changing the alignment) in order to get all eight holes to line up to install the reinforcement plate. You really can't adjust for correct alignment until after the plate is installed, the wheel is mounted, and the tailgate is supporting the weight.

Ford Bronco Mabett Raptor Style Tailgate Hinge Reinforcement Kit for Ford Bronco Available Now! 20240512_110149

Ford Bronco Mabett Raptor Style Tailgate Hinge Reinforcement Kit for Ford Bronco Available Now! 20240512_110211
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any news on a Sasquatch compatible unit?
I have received several reports of successful installations in SAS package. So I believe it largely depends on installation techniques. SAS is not the determining factor.