Sponsored

Lux Charging Pad OVERHEATS PHONE FAILURE!!!...SHUTS DOWN CARPLAY... PHONE NOT OPERATIONAL...FORD IF YOUR LISTENING!!!!

GLish

Badlands
First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe, porsche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my 2dr manual with Lux had same issue. That wireless phone charger has been my favorite item in my bronco, throw the phone in and it charges like it is hooked up to tesla charger. I get a system update notification around the same time my iphone updated and then I noticed that it was really hot, like sitting in the sun hot and it would charge. The charge just stayed the same. I took it to dealer and they said they had to update some modules software. Now it charges with no heat, but it charges at about 20% as fast as it use to. Dealer said it was iphone 12 and 13 related. So I actually think it is part of apples planned obsolescence. Who knows, but my favorite option with the Lux pkg is now on par with that stupid ebrake.
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my 2dr manual with Lux had same issue. That wireless phone charger has been my favorite item in my bronco, throw the phone in and it charges like it is hooked up to tesla charger. I get a system update notification around the same time my iphone updated and then I noticed that it was really hot, like sitting in the sun hot and it would charge. The charge just stayed the same. I took it to dealer and they said they had to update some modules software. Now it charges with no heat, but it charges at about 20% as fast as it use to. Dealer said it was iphone 12 and 13 related. So I actually think it is part of apples planned obsolescence. Who knows, but my favorite option with the Lux pkg is now on par with that stupid ebrake.
Not sure if that is it. I have a Sony Mark 1 IV phone and it gets really hot and the charge is really low. I basically just do not use that pad as I have a Rhino holder. If I have to charge, I hook it via cord.

I have taken my Bronco in, and the "radio" guy claimed nothing was wrong or rather it was nothing they could do. I may just do what another post said, remove Ford charging system and add my own aftermarket system. Yeah, it may cost some out-of-pocket, but at least you know it will work.