First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch, 2005 HD springer,2010 sporty
Your Bronco Model
Base
This has happened twice . It happens when I shut the vehicle off and go to get out.

It's not the loud double honk when you leave the vehicle running and get out. Not even close.

IT'S like a little friendly toot toot see ya latter LOL

Most likely coming from the speakers. I can't imagine where else it could coming from.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Anyone know why it does this?
Sponsored

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I know it makes a friendly noise when you turn off your Bronco if the light settings are not on auto (high beam on, low beams on, etc..) so be sure to check the lights analog on the left side under the steering wheel and make sure it’s set on auto. I always hit that analog with my knee going in and out of the Bronco so that might be the problem

OP
OP
EL in NH

EL in NH

Base
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah so if it’s not on auto, it’ll make a chime when turning off the truck so maybe that’s it?
I just tried that..I got the usual dong dong warning. Nothing like the toot toot I heard before..Oh well (shrug)

Sponsored

Incinr8

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Dodge Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is your second key lost somewhere in the Truck?

OP
OP
EL in NH

EL in NH

Base
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is your second key lost somewhere in the Truck?
Nope...I know what that sounds like. Loud double honk and uses the actual horn. the sound i am hearing is like a cartoon toot toot coming thru the audio system. If it wasn't so peculiar I would never have mentioned it.

I have been reading the owners manual..there are a couple of different audible warning given under certain circumstances. I could be getting these in error. I'm thinking of the " rear occupant warning system "

The rear occupant alert system monitors vehicle conditions and notifies you to check for rear seat occupants when you switch the ignition off.

also
The system monitors when rear doors have been opened and closed to indicate the potential presence of an occupant in the rear seat.

who knows ..I don't as I have a two door

Last edited:

Incinr8

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Dodge Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got it. There is a setting for the back seat reminder on the radio. I forgot exactly what menu but it there.
Sponsored