Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

https://www.ford-trucks.com/how-tos...iencing-a-sales-slump-971942#unexpected-shift

I found this article and had to laugh at it (editor obviously can't count)

1. Unexpected Shift - over the last quarter of 2023, sales plummeted 54 percent year-over-year, a shocking drop that placed the Bronco behind both the Jeep Wrangler and Toyota 4Runner in the rankings I see this as Ford still not having inventory on dealer lots as where Wranglers the 3 DS in my area had 20-30 WR's on there lot plus they were offering 1.9% financing @ 72 months

2. Price Hikes - For starters, we can't ignore the fact that Bronco prices have risen considerably since the model's debut for 2021 This is what happens when Ford gets greedy They saw all these idiots paying 5k-15k over MSRP and tried to capitalize. Shame on you Ford!!!

3 . Trim Level shakeup - "Dropping the aforementioned Base model was a huge loss" " added a host of models to the lineup since 2021, including the Heritage, Heritage Limited, Everglades, and Raptor, though the latter high-performance model stickers for an eye-opening $90,035 - roughly $12k more than an F-150 Raptor and a whopping $35k more than the brand new 2024 Ranger Raptor. " Again Greed mixed with stupidity on Fords Part

4 . Aging Product - " Bronco has now been on sale four model years - and has yet to receive a refresh of any kind " " Wrangler got a refresh for the 2024 model year, while the all-new redesigned 2025 4Runner was just unveiled, too " This is Bull$h1t! 4R not even available yet and Jeep refresh has been in production what 5 months. Hell the JK lasted what 2007 till 2016 without a major overhaul

Competitive Disadvantages - " Jeep offers the Wrangler in two ways the Bronco isn't sold, hybrid with the 4xe trim and V8 power in the form of the Wrangler Rubicon 392 " Again I call Bull$h1t 4xe's seem to be rotting on lots, and well like it says, no more V8 for the jeep and to counter something said earlier about the Raptor the 392 was pushing a price over 100k

5.B (Hence 5-reasons-why-the-ford-bronco-is-experiencing-a-sales-slump) UAW Strike
This one I kind of have to agree with
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
4Xe was welling really well. Key word "was". That is until Jeep issued a recall on 100% of them and told customers "do not charge, do not park indoors"

Coworker has one. It's been months and Jeep still doesn't have a fix.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just wait till the 3 big balls Toyotas hit dealerships. There will be ADM, but many guys will see more value in the reliable and value holding Toyotas and gladly fork over $8-$10K to be first on the block with one.

That new 4Runner may be lights out unless Ford snaps out of the dummy decisions and does a solid refresh.
Time for Farley is up. He didnā€™t create any of the vehicles Ford has today, but he sure did sign off on all of the issues such as rushing without quality checks, raising prices, targeting the wrong customers, and mishandling the strike.

He sucks.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

AI journalism, here's an article I asked Gemini to create:

## Bronco Bucking Sales: 5 Reasons the Off-Roader is Struggling

The Ford Bronco's return in 2021 was met with much fanfare. Capitalizing on nostalgia and a booming off-road SUV market, the reborn Bronco seemed destined for success. However, sales haven't quite matched expectations. Let's explore five reasons why the Bronco might be struggling:

1. **Production Problems and Delivery Delays:** Bronco production was plagued by parts shortages and quality control issues early on. This led to a backlog of orders and frustrated customers. While these issues seem to be improving, the initial delays likely dented early momentum.

2. **Stiff Competition:** The off-road SUV market is fiercely competitive. Jeep Wrangler, the undisputed king of the segment, offers a strong heritage and a loyal following. Additionally, the Bronco faces challenges from modernized rivals like the Toyota 4Runner and newcomers like the Kia Telluride X-Pro.

3. **Inventory Issues:** Dealers haven't always had a wide selection of Broncos on the lot. With high customization options and ongoing production issues, finding the specific Bronco a customer desires can be difficult. This can lead frustrated shoppers to consider competitors with more readily available stock.

4. **High Price Tag:** The Bronco isn't cheap, especially when loaded with options. While some off-road enthusiasts might be willing to splurge, the price point might alienate budget-conscious buyers who could find capable alternatives at a lower cost.

5. **Reservations vs. Sales:** Early Bronco orders were dominated by reservations, which don't always translate to final sales. Some who reserved a Bronco might have cooled on the idea or found a better deal elsewhere. This inflates initial sales figures but doesn't necessarily reflect long-term success.

Despite these challenges, the Bronco is still a capable and exciting SUV. Ford is working on addressing production issues and ramping up inventory. Only time will tell if the Bronco can overcome these hurdles and carve out a strong position in the off-road market.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I very nearly got a 4xe, and would have had the Ford dealership not just happened to have had the Bronco I got on the lot the day I was headed into the Jeep dealer.

There is a very nice lease loophole with the EV Tax credit, and the 4xe, by the skin of it's teeth, qualifies.

But I have always been a Ford guy, and I gave my dealer one last shot before I went to sign on the line at Jeep, and he pulled my Bronco out of his hat - after months of me haggling him and him "looking". He got mad when I pointed that out, and said "should have just custom ordered"... and he nearly walked out on me when I replied "Why, so you can ADM it when it gets here, just like you did the guy who's Bronco I'm buying right now?"

Sponsored

LSW

Wildtrak
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Wildtrak, 2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, they may have found the limit on how much they can raise MSRP and still move all the vehicles their factory can churn out. Either that, or the backordered/backlogged vehicles that got delivered mostly in 2023 were counted as "sales" last year, so you had 2-3 years of demand pent up in 1 year of sales. Luckily for Ford they can just keep the price where it is for a year or two and the continuously out of control US inflation will soon make the Bronco appear to be priced correctly again.

Also consider the fact that 10% interest rates are not exactly going to be a sales booster, and due to inflation it's not coming down anytime soon.

Rocky905

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BADLANDS non-SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.ford-trucks.com/how-tos...iencing-a-sales-slump-971942#unexpected-shift

I found this article and had to laugh at it (editor obviously can't count)

1. Unexpected Shift - over the last quarter of 2023, sales plummeted 54 percent year-over-year, a shocking drop that placed the Bronco behind both the Jeep Wrangler and Toyota 4Runner in the rankings I see this as Ford still not having inventory on dealer lots as where Wranglers the 3 DS in my area had 20-30 WR's on there lot plus they were offering 1.9% financing @ 72 months

2. Price Hikes - For starters, we can't ignore the fact that Bronco prices have risen considerably since the model's debut for 2021 This is what happens when Ford gets greedy They saw all these idiots paying 5k-15k over MSRP and tried to capitalize. Shame on you Ford!!!

3 . Trim Level shakeup - "Dropping the aforementioned Base model was a huge loss" " added a host of models to the lineup since 2021, including the Heritage, Heritage Limited, Everglades, and Raptor, though the latter high-performance model stickers for an eye-opening $90,035 - roughly $12k more than an F-150 Raptor and a whopping $35k more than the brand new 2024 Ranger Raptor. " Again Greed mixed with stupidity on Fords Part

4 . Aging Product - " Bronco has now been on sale four model years - and has yet to receive a refresh of any kind " " Wrangler got a refresh for the 2024 model year, while the all-new redesigned 2025 4Runner was just unveiled, too " This is Bull$h1t! 4R not even available yet and Jeep refresh has been in production what 5 months. Hell the JK lasted what 2007 till 2016 without a major overhaul

Competitive Disadvantages - " Jeep offers the Wrangler in two ways the Bronco isn't sold, hybrid with the 4xe trim and V8 power in the form of the Wrangler Rubicon 392 " Again I call Bull$h1t 4xe's seem to be rotting on lots, and well like it says, no more V8 for the jeep and to counter something said earlier about the Raptor the 392 was pushing a price over 100k

5.B (Hence 5-reasons-why-the-ford-bronco-is-experiencing-a-sales-slump) UAW Strike
This one I kind of have to agree with
I considered a ā€˜23 4R to replace my ā€˜10 4R which had just passed 220K miles. Never before paid over MSRP for ANY car. Dealer Sales MGR gave me quote for $10K OVER MSRP, and another $2500 for dealer installed options that I did not want, were not required but sales MGR said they put on all cars for ā€œmy safety and convenience.ā€ Of course, there were zero on the lot. Couldnā€™t see paying $12.5K over MSRP for essentially the same 4R, but shinier. I had purchased two 4Rs from prior dealership at same location. Liked the 4R, very reliable except for electronics which failed after a moderate off-road drive and cos $$2500 to replace. New owners are terrible, and I wonā€™t be back.

Intrigued by BRONCO, I checked it out. had a great experience with my Ford dealership (never owned a Ford before ), especially the sales rep. Bought a ā€˜23 BADLANDS non-SAS HI, soft top, at MSRP, delivered in 8/23 with which I am very pleased. Have a ā€˜24 WT, LUX, HT on order from the same Ford Dealership and sales guy with a 4/29/24 production date and VIN. BRONCO longevity and reliability: TBD.

91pF

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This will probably be an unpopular opinion but Iā€™m okay with the market segment that Bronco is in šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø
A higher price means they wonā€™t be as common as Jeeps but common enough to see them on the road every once in a while.

Everyone has a hate boner about ā€œFord being greedyā€ but people have been complaining about the price of new cars for years. Same people on the Toyota subreddit are calling people dumb for buying the new Tacomas at their prices. The truth is, prices are going to keep going up whether you want them to or not. Incentives might change but the average new car price has been rising steadily since 2010, never going down.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think, if you look at Bronco sales in a vacuum, it's very misleading.

Go look at Ranger sales for the same quarter, which are made in the same factory and shares a lot of the same parts/tooling.

That tells a bigger picture.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Everyone has a hate boner about ā€œFord being greedyā€
You know, I was going to argue with you about this.

But, I really can't.

My beef isn't really that the Bronco is too expensive. It's that the quality isn't up to par for the price they are charging.

I was thinking "it's just Ford QC not the price"... but that really does come down to the same thing you are saying. So I think you are right.

Sponsored

bikesandguitars

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco Wildtrak, ā€˜22 Tundra TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As a pundit once said, ā€œItā€™s the economy, stupid.ā€

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I wouldā€™ve waited I wouldnā€™t buy now. I think that is the same for many because itā€™s a toy, a want and increasingly expensive in a high interest rate environment.

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLS450 (2020) / OBX Dual Top 2.7 (2024)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The harder they are to get, the more expensive they become, all plays well for existing owners long term. These are rare vehicles. Theyā€™re not like a flavor of the month SUV in a sea of similar SUVā€™s. You want a convertible SUV, its Jeep or its Bronco. I picked Bronco because Iā€™m not paying nearly $70k for anything that potentially suffers from something called a death wobble! Iā€™m not a serious offroader though, which lets be honest, is probably the same as the majority of buyers.

Let the sales drop. Make them hard to get. Redesign it with rounded edges and slanted windshield for less wind noise. All good things for this current version and its throw-back appeal! Thatā€™s my $.02 (before tax)!

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I considered a ā€˜23 4R to replace my ā€˜10 4R which had just passed 220K miles. Never before paid over MSRP for ANY car. Dealer Sales MGR gave me quote for $10K OVER MSRP, and another $2500 for dealer installed options that I did not want, were not required but sales MGR said they put on all cars for ā€œmy safety and convenience.ā€ Of course, there were zero on the lot. Couldnā€™t see paying $12.5K over MSRP for essentially the same 4R, but shinier. I had purchased two 4Rs from prior dealership at same location. Liked the 4R, very reliable except for electronics which failed after a moderate off-road drive and cos $$2500 to replace. New owners are terrible, and I wonā€™t be back.

Intrigued by BRONCO, I checked it out. had a great experience with my Ford dealership (never owned a Ford before ), especially the sales rep. Bought a ā€˜23 BADLANDS non-SAS HI, soft top, at MSRP, delivered in 8/23 with which I am very pleased. Have a ā€˜24 WT, LUX, HT on order from the same Ford Dealership and sales guy with a 4/29/24 production date and VIN. BRONCO longevity and reliability: TBD.
Insane.

Also the GX 460 (Actual LC Prado) is superior to the 4R and is a great used buy.

I miss mine.
Sponsored