Reaction score
Website
www.revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was probably the most time consuming thing I've done on Green Machine so far. Took about 5 hours altogether. I'd say mainly because there is such limited space for the removal and installation of so many of the pieces of these kits. Having to find the right angles to get the pipes properly secured in the fittings and then getting the hose clamps tightened was a real pain in the ass.

I will say I'm happy I did both at the same time. Would've been totally redundant to start with the intake then come back later and have to remove it again just to gain access to the cold charge pipe.

Overall I'm really happy with the results. Was right around 5.9-6.0 zero to 60 and in my preliminary tests last night I was at 4.8-4.9. I will be taking it to get dyno'd as soon as i find a place in Denver willing to accommodate 35" tires. If you have a recommendation please let me know!!

It also sounds and feels great. I'd say if you have the funds and the patience, go for it! Totally doable in the garage with minimal tools & understanding required.
Ford Bronco Injen Intake & Charge Pipe installed on 2.7 Bronco 20240505_111111
Ford Bronco Injen Intake & Charge Pipe installed on 2.7 Bronco 20240505_112854
Ford Bronco Injen Intake & Charge Pipe installed on 2.7 Bronco 20240505_132357
Ford Bronco Injen Intake & Charge Pipe installed on 2.7 Bronco 20240505_163450
Ford Bronco Injen Intake & Charge Pipe installed on 2.7 Bronco 20240505_163455
Ford Bronco Injen Intake & Charge Pipe installed on 2.7 Bronco 20240505_163505
Ford Bronco Injen Intake & Charge Pipe installed on 2.7 Bronco 20240505_163511
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome to the Injen life! Yes, it is a pain. Lol! Now imagine that you had to take the CAI apart to do the charge pipes.....

In the end, it is worth it. I love the setup. Grats !

Ford Bronco Injen Intake & Charge Pipe installed on 2.7 Bronco 1715003520974-0s

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man, those look great, wish I could do this in California!

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nice work on the install, but a full second 0-60 gain from and Intake and charge pipes is unlikely. Curious to know how you measured your 0-60 improvement?

Agrod

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That looks awesome, however that gray pipe looks out of place. Injen should've matched the same color and texture as the rest of the charge pipes, be it black or red.

I see that you removed the vent to atmosphere BOV adapter, I guess that now it's not needed since the sound makes it out of the intake?

Anyone running an aftermarket intercooler with the Injen charge-pipes? That is the only OEM part in the whole intake system.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That looks awesome, however that gray pipe looks out of place. Injen should've matched the same color and texture as the rest of the charge pipes, be it black or red.

I see that you removed the vent to atmosphere BOV adapter, I guess that now it's not needed since the sound makes it out of the intake?

Anyone running an aftermarket intercooler with the Injen charge-pipes? That is the only OEM part in the whole intake system.
There are some people who have an aftermarket I with the Injen, I am waiting for Injen to release their IC.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have this intake on my 2.3 manual. And yes, it was a pain to install. However, my concern revolves around the difficulty of cleaning the filter, as cleaning it on the stock intake took 2 min, vs this looks like its a matter of pulling off or pushing to the side the turbo inlet pipe, then hopefully removing the filter and cleaning it. Seriously does NOT look that easy.

OP
OP
Big Bad Green Machine
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am waiting on a turbosmart BOV which should be here this week. That other BOV was too thick to work with the screws that came with Injens kit, and I was planning on going turbosmart anyways, this just gave me a good excuse to go ahead and do it :wink:

OP
OP
Big Bad Green Machine
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice work on the install, but a full second 0-60 gain from and Intake and charge pipes is unlikely. Curious to know how you measured your 0-60 improvement?
I'm using Dragger, not the most accurate, but usually gives decent readings. And to be fair, I haven't done any "official" (I use that term very loosely 😂) pulls since I put the Racechip GTS+ on about a month ago, so the gains would have to be attributed to that as well, not just the intake and charge pipes.

Sponsored

Cav427

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 5.0 6 Speed, 2024 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really like Injen CAI. Have one for my Mustang 5.0. The insides are even smoothed out for the 5.0.

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wish they get off their butts and release for 23/24’s I was told a few months ago soon final testing blah blah blah about ready to order an AFE

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This was probably the most time consuming thing I've done on Green Machine so far. Took about 5 hours altogether. I'd say mainly because there is such limited space for the removal and installation of so many of the pieces of these kits. Having to find the right angles to get the pipes properly secured in the fittings and then getting the hose clamps tightened was a real pain in the ass.

I will say I'm happy I did both at the same time. Would've been totally redundant to start with the intake then come back later and have to remove it again just to gain access to the cold charge pipe.

Overall I'm really happy with the results. Was right around 5.9-6.0 zero to 60 and in my preliminary tests last night I was at 4.8-4.9. I will be taking it to get dyno'd as soon as i find a place in Denver willing to accommodate 35" tires. If you have a recommendation please let me know!!

It also sounds and feels great. I'd say if you have the funds and the patience, go for it! Totally doable in the garage with minimal tools & understanding required.
Ford Bronco Injen Intake & Charge Pipe installed on 2.7 Bronco IMG_1961
i went with k&n full intake system with borla full touring exhausts and the results were great
low rpms great sounds and ppppower ...enjoy brother

Reactions: rws
OP
OP
Big Bad Green Machine
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wish they get off their butts and release for 23/24’s I was told a few months ago soon final testing blah blah blah about ready to order an AFE
I put both these kits on my 23 badlands and they fit correctly.
Sponsored