2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I offer no judgment, other than how funny it is for forum jockeys to play detective and opine on how many times the guy rolled. My dad rolled his van in an accident multiple times and the roof came out nearly unblemished.

Good luck to the OP, who apparently is a victim of circumstance. He could've easily been killed by the other driver, so if he's not feeling warm and fuzzy about her, I for one can understand.

Bronco Bob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco, 1994 Bronco, 2009 F150, 2017 F 250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some truly amazing detectives here.
About 30 years ago, my brothers and I were involved in an accident. Truck rolled 3 times. Wheels on passenger side were gone and one window broken. Roof was in pretty good shape. The truck looked a whole lot better than the Bronco in this thread.
I would imagine if I posted pics of that truck here and a description of what happened, the same clowns would say it never rolled and I mis-remember how many times my head hit the dome light.
Amazing how people with zero knowledge of an event can type like they were there.
Well said!!
Wait, are You sure You rolled because sometimes when You get in an Accident you think you did but you actually only spun out. J/K
Seriously what You said needed to be said well done!

OP
OP
jgas5689

jgas5689

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wish it was a easy fix but it's totaled

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes I'm doing good Lady was coming from the opposite direction got on my side of the road and I couldn't get over fast enough she clipped my back tires and it broke the whole back axle and I started flipping

They say drunks survive most crashes. Maybe it wasn't you that was drunk but, your Bronco instead because that top is great condition, considering. Glad you're ok.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Absolutely, especially seen thereā€™s only 6 bolts holding the rear section on and latches on the front. I was just trying to give the benefit of the doubt til we get further explanation
Thereā€™s 10 bolts that holds the rear section.

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Reading through 12 pages was exhausting. Summary:

ā€œglad youā€™re okay, but you didnā€™t roll 5xā€ sheesh.

Iā€™ll just add ā€œGlad youā€™re okay and hope you get a replacement soonā€œ

RPMImages

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black diamond, 67 Bronco, 65 Mustang, Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some duct tape & coat hanger will fix it and the rest will buff out!

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Reported a 37 year old woman died and we are talking about how the Bronco did 5-6 flips? Disgusting. This post should end. "What happens next"? Taking the post down.
You mean the 37 year old woman that from the OP's account caused the accident?
What if the OP had brain injuries or worse...would it still be disgusting?
OP is the victim here, not the gal that lost her life.
So no, post should not be taken down.

Last edited:

CowboyKid

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I see No way that rolled 5-6 full times
The speed to roll it 5-6 times and not hit the roof would be catastrophic to the panels on landing and the roof wouldnā€™t be in that good of shape hitting 5-6 times
I don't know why you feel the need to call out someone who was, at least by OP's account, just in a life-threatening collision. You have no idea what happened, and a couple of snapshots of the Bronc alone are no basis for any kind of accident reconstruction. All depends on the collision dynamics. Roll impacts - particularly at higher speeds - can be surprisingly random. The roll may cause the vehicle to flip entirely above the ground, more than once, and propelled again to do so if it lands on its tires, which often deflate on impact, but can also act like a spring. The roof pillars may not even contact the ground in any number of multiple rolls. Kinetic energy can be bled off in the roll more than through impact or other friction involving the body. Nor does body damage necessarily correlate to severity of injury Occupants can be ejected tens of feet into the air as if they pushed the ejection button in a fighter aircraft. Even belted occupant limbs can be severed by being forced outside a window during the roll; the occupant can "wake up" when the roll stops and not know their legs or arms are gone. I have seen people terribly injured in rollovers even though the vehicle landed on its wheels after 4 or 5 complete rotations without popping the tires, and sustaining little ostensible body damage. I know a woman who became a quadriplegic from being "ramped up" by her seatback and hitting the ceiling, which burst her cervical spine, even though she was rear-ended at about 30 mph, with almost no ostensible body damage and the car never rolled even slightly. Whether OP is telling the truth - and there is no reason based on the photos to doubt it - is not the most important point to be made here. Empathy and sympathy are appropriate. Increased awareness of operational hazards, particularly in this type of vehicle, is the beneficial lesson.

Sponsored

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is certainly a bummer. Glad you are okay.

I'll admit tho, given how many times I seen someone talk about selling "flipping" their their bronco for profit, my first thought was how does one sell it five times?

sameoldeddie

Wildtrak
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP - glad youā€™re okay and thanks for sharing this, itā€™s encouraging to see that this vehicle did its job and kept you safe through such a violent accident. Sorry some people have made this thread so weirdly antagonistic, hope you can find a replacement soon if thatā€™s the direction you decide to go

Wheelin72

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just wanted to point out to a lot of people that it is possible for a vehicle to roll over and the roof doesn't even touch the ground. This is especially true for SUV's where the center of gravity is higher than a regular passenger car. When the vehicle is airborne, it will rotate about the center of gravity, which is higher for an SUV. Also, as the vehicle begins the rollover, the vehicle actually "lifts" off the ground with a vertical velocity, due to the geometry involved in "lifting" the CG up even higher than when the vehicle is on all 4 tires. If the vertical velocity is great enough, and the angular rate of rotation is great enough, then the vehicle can do a roll in the air without ever touching the roof to the ground. Perhaps the wheels are the next thing to touch the ground after one complete roll, and that impact trips the vehicle into doing another roll. I admit it's very unlikely to perform multiple rolls in the air without much roof impact, and the initial speed would have to be quite high to have enough kinetic energy to roll multiple times, but that is not my point here. My point is only to say that it is possible for a vehicle to roll without the roof hitting the ground, which is exactly why some vehicles come out looking better than others after a rollover accident. Some roofs hit the ground with crushing force, while others may do a pirouette in the air without the roof hitting at all.
There is a lot of education out there if anyone is interested to learn:
See page 3 of this paper which shows a video of a rollover where the roof hardly touches the ground: https://Roof-to-Ground-Impact.pdf
Here is another paper with physics that have been simplified: http://PhysicsRolloverAccidents

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Some of you guys are absurdly ignorant or just have never seen more than an accident or 2. As a 14 year LEO working in a city that has one of the most accidents in the country, Iā€™ve seen my fair share of brutal accidents as well as accidents that were minor but had major damage. Thereā€™s no science. Some cars can spin and flip and turn over and fly and youā€™d be surprised at how intact they stay. Other cars are completely destroyed. Iā€™ve seen ā€œlow speedā€ TCs where the engine is pushed up into the interior and the vehicle is totaled and high speed TCs where damage is minimal and no one survived and others where damage is major and folks survive. When itā€™s your time, itā€™s your time.
The speculation about how many times this guy flipped is absurd. 99% of you have no clue what youā€™re talking about šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Sponsored