First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Kicker Key 200.4 (200 watts per Kicker) and a 46HS10 (180 watts) when added to my 2023 Bronco with the base audio and stock speakers had more power at Volume 15 than my 2021 Bronco with the B&O at max volume (30). It was embarrassing. A total of 380 watts advertised vs 660 watts advertised... The sound was cleaner, less distorted, and way louder on the system claiming 380 watts at half the volume setting.
Sponsored

Steve76

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
this all great information.
Coming from a person (me) that has never done an audio/speaker install on any car.
I went from
I’ll just hire someone to do it for me….
To now
I’m willing to try and do it myself.

99% of the threads I’ve read on upgrading the speakers,, include the fusion amp and the kicker sub woofer (either 6 3/4 or 8 “) .
Which I agree is a great upgrade compared to the stock..

But just out of curiosity, what would be the next level up in regards to amp and sub woofer? I’m considering spending a little extra money on the sound, but I have no idea what would be better choice.
Can you send the link to the $75 ford fusion amp you referenced?

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The next step up is going with the Kicker 500.1 subwoofer amp and the 8" 4ohm sub. The "kicker here"...pun intended...is the install is significantly more involved.
Along with that step, you'll want to replace the 4" rear pods with 6 3/4 speakers and replacement pods. I went with Mabett. I went with the 6 3/4 sub and fusion amp with the rear pod upgrade. I turned the EQ off, moved the chimes to dashboard only so I could take more advantage of the gain adjustment on the Kicker 200.4.
I'm very happy with the sound, and people are blown away by how good it sounds. I can't take the volume over 18 now, but the higher gain settings wake up the speakers at lower volumes, so all in all everything is better.
BTW, the latest tweak...the chimes change and more aggressive gain settings just happened last week. This has been a 1 year iterative process, with over 30 different adjustment combinations between Forscan and hardware. I've said this before, but at this point, chasing the last 5% of improvement just isn't worth it. Besides, I've run out of replacement clips!:wink:

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If any one wants to sell me their factory non B&O sub/sub box please let me know. Thanks.

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I copied @RagnarKon with the upgrade, except I upgraded the rear pods to 6.5” Kickers with the SSV enclosures and I went with the Kicker 8” with Gear Shade enclosure. With the Key 200 for the speakers and Key 500 for the sub and the Forscan mods, I am extremely satisfied with the sound quality and can say it makes each trip better.
Sounds like I have nearly the same setup you have:
- 4" kicker CS on dash
- Stock kick panel speakers (is it worth upgrading these)
- 6.5" Kicker CS rear pods
- 200.4 amp
- Gearshade w/500.1 and 8" round Kicker sub

I am contemplating the advice that says better dash speakers would help over the the too-bright Kicker CS series.

And then I could upgrade the kick panel speakers although some posts suggest that those speakers are pretty good as is.

Sponsored

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like I have nearly the same setup you have:
- 4" kicker CS on dash
- Stock kick panel speakers (is it worth upgrading these)
- 6.5" Kicker CS rear pods
- 200.4 amp
- Gearshade w/500.1 and 8" round Kicker sub

I am contemplating the advice that says better dash speakers would help over the the too-bright Kicker CS series.

And then I could upgrade the kick panel speakers although some posts suggest that those speakers are pretty good as is.
I read on another thread to turn the amp 2 setting on the kicker key up about 20%. I did this the other day and it made an additional improvement. Might try adding this to upgrade. It increased the sound coming from the rear pods and even things out a bit.
I upgraded the kick panel just because I upgraded everything else. I can’t say if there is a noticeable difference.

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I read on another thread to turn the amp 2 setting on the kicker key up about 20%. I did this the other day and it made an additional improvement. Might try adding this to upgrade. It increased the sound coming from the rear pods and even things out a bit.
I upgraded the kick panel just because I upgraded everything else. I can’t say if there is a noticeable difference.
That's funny because I'm pretty sure that post you read was mine!

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read on another thread to turn the amp 2 setting on the kicker key up about 20%. I did this the other day and it made an additional improvement. Might try adding this to upgrade.
That's funny because I'm pretty sure that post you read was mine!
it works! Thank you for the post.

CactusToby

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3, Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Definitely check out the link to the 2023MY subwoofer megathread at the bottom of my first post. (I would link it here but I'm on mobile at the moment.)

A lot of people are buying a Ford Fusion amplifier, pairing it with a Kicker 6.75" 4Ω subwoofer, and turning it on with Forscan. You'll still have to remove the rear panel in the cargo area to access everything, but that is as close to "plug-and-play" as you are going to get, and it removes a lot of the complexity. You won't get fantastic results as you are essentially installing a factory-like setup. But it is much simpler overall if aftermarket gear is a little too overwhelming.

If you DO want to dig into the aftermarket gear though... feel free to ask questions here and we can help you get going. Or if it's easier you can just send me a direct message.
I have a 2023MY 7 - working factory sub. Is there a plug and play amp and subwoofer without doing forscan? Is this what you are talking about in this reply?
Sponsored