First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150(sold), S197 GT C/S (sold) 22 2DR BB EG SAS V6
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As I prepare for the anticipated delivery of my 22 BB 2D EG SQ, I am wondering if anyone has any idea how much dealer profit is in a Bronco when sold at MSRP? If I have an idea how much the dealer is already making at MSRP, that will help me when negotiating the trade value of my F150.

Thanks in advance for all your help - I greatly appreciate it.
Sponsored

ChrisInSC

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends, front end you’re looking at around 2-6K depending on model type and dealership adds I believe ford does a 3% hold back. In the back sky is the limit, financing kick backs, gap, esp, maintenance plans, ding dent, etch, the list goes on and on. Units at msrp are not significantly more than invoice (dealer cost). Good luck negotiating on your trade, the market is down at least 15% on used vehicles from March/April. I’d recommend getting a valuation from carmax and hold that in your back pocket if they try to low ball you. If you want to get the most out of your f150 then private party sell it.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Definitely get on carmax and they will tell you within 2 mins what your vehicle is worth. Sold mine to them before getting the bronco. They paid me 2k more than what I purchased the vehicle for 3 years after I bought it from them.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you're speaking of FoMoCo, as an accountant, I'd expect they see 10-15%....so let's say they sell to dealer at 45k, their cost is likely 38k or so. From 45k up is to the dealer...which will be most of it.

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Private party sale.

Sponsored

Neigh

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If I have an idea how much the dealer is already making at MSRP, that will help me when negotiating the trade value of my F150.
You're going to be there to buy one of the hottest products on the market. They'd love for you to walk away so they can sell it for a $10-15k markup so don't expect them to give up a bunch of profit to show a high trade in value because they're already giving up huge profits by selling to you presumably at MSRP.

Best thing to do would be to get online values from Shift, Vroom, KBB, CarGurus, Carvana, Carmax, etc and then walk in prepared with the knowlede of what your trade is truly worth in the market. If they beat the best value you find or match it, great. If they don't then be prepared to pull your trade from the deal and sell it in a separate transaction to whoever had the best offer.

OP
OP
Rick66

Rick66

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150(sold), S197 GT C/S (sold) 22 2DR BB EG SAS V6
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for all your input. I stopped into the dealer yesterday, and they gave me a "fair", but not crazy good offer. In my state, I need to calculate tax savings when trading vs private party sale. I do have an interested private party buyer, so that is in my back pocket. I had an idea of what the dealer profit would be, but was looking for a little confirmation. The dealer has been rather "straight up" so far, other than the lack of communication, which is more of a Ford thing than a dealer issue, so I am not expecting any issues at time of delivery - just looking to have all the info available. Thanks Again!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So MSRP to Invoice is only roughly 4%

Now going below Invoice (aka dipping into Dealer Holdback) is possible but unlikely in this market with the Bronco Demands. The only dealer that was willing to do that was Granger.

So take your MSRP x .96 and at that number, the Dealer is still making money.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150-KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now going below Invoice (aka dipping into Dealer Holdback) is possible but unlikely in this market with the Bronco Demands. The only dealer that was willing to do that was Granger.
Not exactly. Granger pioneered the Bronco below invoice deal but they are not the only ones. There are several others, some who are active on this board, some who prefer operate in the shadows, you just need to know where to look.
1. Granger in IA
2. Stephens in WV
3. Chapman in PA
4. Anonymous in LA
5. Anonymous in AZ
6. Anonymous in TX
Sponsored