Sponsored

How do you tap into a 30A slotted cartridge fuse? (want to use it for lights)

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wanted to use the trailer tow park lamp relay fuse to tap my lights into. This will allow the lights to come on withe the parking lights. However this is a 30A slotted fuse. I've used tap a fuse before for 10A but not sure about this type of fuse. Any ideas?

Ford Bronco How do you tap into a 30A slotted cartridge fuse? (want to use it for lights) 16632572856375029066629392085705

Ford Bronco How do you tap into a 30A slotted cartridge fuse? (want to use it for lights) 1663257370351

Ford Bronco How do you tap into a 30A slotted cartridge fuse? (want to use it for lights) 1663257403627
Sponsored

Mikerider

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Ranger, Mustang, Focus, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you can order PN - DU2Z-14474-JA and add up to a 30A feed to the BCM at connector 3 pin 36. or use to power a relay for more current if needed:

Ford Bronco How do you tap into a 30A slotted cartridge fuse? (want to use it for lights) 1663276350210

Trail_Runner

Base
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150, 97 Jeep TJ, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Usually the fuse is powered befor the relay.

that means the fuse tap would have power all the time, not just when the parking lights are on.

DRC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

According to the “Bronco Equipment Installation Guide 2021 Model Year” the female terminal kit for the “Delayed Accessory” is part number “DU2Z-14474-JA” IT DOES NOT WORK

I was really disappointed along with others at Brono6G to find out that this female terminal kit would not work. It would not insert into the connector all the way until after bending the tab that sticks out. And after inserting all the way into the connector the terminal would not lock in place and kept popping back out.

After 2 days of research, I found that the 2018 Ford F150 had the same connector on the BCM with Ford part numbers for all of the pigtails including colors and gauge of wires. The female terminal kit for Pin 36 is “DU5T-14474-UBB.” I wanted to give this one a try but….

Ford does not offer it for sale. I did more research and found a memo dated 9/1/20211 from APTIV who makes female terminal kit for Ford with information that the “DU5T-14474-UBB” uses the “Apex 6.35 Female Terminal.” Went to APTIV website and found all the part numbers for this “Apex 6.35 Female Terminal” and determined it was APTIV part number “13600463”

I decided to make my own. Ordered the Gray with Blue stripe 14GA wire. Ordered 10 of the Terminals. Ordered some crimpers. Made the pigtail and it took all of 15 minutes to install it. Snaps right in and stays in place. YEAH

I spent about 108 dollars in parts and tools but I did it. I have enough material to make 9 more of these female terminal pigtails. Let me know if anyone is interested and I could send them your way for about 13 dollars apiece. I would break even for out-of-pocket expenses.

Ford Bronco How do you tap into a 30A slotted cartridge fuse? (want to use it for lights) DU2Z-14474-JA

OP
OP
niterider006

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

According to the “Bronco Equipment Installation Guide 2021 Model Year” the female terminal kit for the “Delayed Accessory” is part number “DU2Z-14474-JA” IT DOES NOT WORK

I was really disappointed along with others at Brono6G to find out that this female terminal kit would not work. It would not insert into the connector all the way until after bending the tab that sticks out. And after inserting all the way into the connector the terminal would not lock in place and kept popping back out.

After 2 days of research, I found that the 2018 Ford F150 had the same connector on the BCM with Ford part numbers for all of the pigtails including colors and gauge of wires. The female terminal kit for Pin 36 is “DU5T-14474-UBB.” I wanted to give this one a try but….

Ford does not offer it for sale. I did more research and found a memo dated 9/1/20211 from APTIV who makes female terminal kit for Ford with information that the “DU5T-14474-UBB” uses the “Apex 6.35 Female Terminal.” Went to APTIV website and found all the part numbers for this “Apex 6.35 Female Terminal” and determined it was APTIV part number “13600463”

I decided to make my own. Ordered the Gray with Blue stripe 14GA wire. Ordered 10 of the Terminals. Ordered some crimpers. Made the pigtail and it took all of 15 minutes to install it. Snaps right in and stays in place. YEAH

I spent about 108 dollars in parts and tools but I did it. I have enough material to make 9 more of these female terminal pigtails. Let me know if anyone is interested and I could send them your way for about 13 dollars apiece. I would break even for out-of-pocket expenses.

DU2Z-14474-JA.jpg
I would definitely be interested. Sending pm

DRC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks