Sponsored

"Hidden" Receiver For Removable Winch Mount?

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking of a removable winch mount - was considering a rear hitch mount and just carry a winch with me when off-road.

Has anyone seen a mount for a receiver tube on the front bumper that doesn't look terrible?
Sponsored

Jerseybraptor

Raptor
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150/jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm thinking of a removable winch mount - was considering a rear hitch mount and just carry a winch with me when off-road.

Has anyone seen a mount for a receiver tube on the front bumper that doesn't look terrible?
These guys are developing one for the bronco
Ford Bronco "Hidden" Receiver For Removable Winch Mount? Screenshot_20230127-153803

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

An interesting idea, but a setup like that introduces a heck of a cantilevered load. I’d be worried about bending with a load. Replacing one of the tow shackles with a more direct setup is the compromise I’ve thought about. Love to see more details as they progress. Driving to work with a 10k winch at 80 mph just seems wasteful to me.

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I thought about getting a hitch mount and carrying the winch, and then hooking of to the rear receiver and winching from the rear if needed. However, After thinking it through, I am very concerned that a hard pull on the rear receiver would damage something.

I'm currently thinking about winchless recovery options, like traction boards and such.

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Winch or no winch, this hitch is perfect for bike racks and cargo carriers. My 2-door needs all the space it can get..

Shrek27

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The IAG winch mount has good bones to mod a new top plate with a receiver. Not sure how elegant it would look tho…maybe add some light mounts to tuck the receiver amongst to hide it.
Sponsored