William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Got a call from my dealer on Friday - it looks like the Private Offer ( Program Number: 38644 ) finally showed up linked to my vin. But now he says that they can't apply the price protection from this year. You either get one or the other. That's not true, right? Do any of you have documentation that shows both applying? My Bronco is on the lot and ready to be picked up, but I need this sorted out first.
Adding @RagnarKon to this to see if he can give you a better answer than I can but you get both!
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Got a call from my dealer on Friday - it looks like the Private Offer ( Program Number: 38644 ) finally showed up linked to my vin. But now he says that they can't apply the price protection from this year. You either get one or the other. That's not true, right? Do any of you have documentation that shows both applying? My Bronco is on the lot and ready to be picked up, but I need this sorted out first.
This is not true. They are feeding you BS!

BroncoRaptor

Heritage
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ Sprinter Van 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
This is not true. They are feeding you BS!
They've been really trying to make this all work - so I don't think its them trying to withhold money from me. Maybe the system is not letting them know. They found out that I had the PO on my account on Friday, right when the Ford dealer line closed at 5PM ET - so they could not call to confirm. Hopefully with your all help I can give them the info to push the same year price protection through.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

They've been really trying to make this all work - so I don't think its them trying to withhold money from me. Maybe the system is not letting them know. They found out that I had the PO on my account right when the Ford dealer line closed at 5PM ET - so they could not call to confirm. Hopefully with your all help I can give them info to push the same year price protection through.
Price protection is a given. No ifs ands or butt’s! PO can be and issue for many reasons but PP should be a given.

rhart540

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 2008 GT500KR, 1965 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi all, not sure if this is the right spot to put this post so I will probably post in the for sale section too (mods can move wherever if they wish). I had the allocation from Granger for their Heritage Limited since last December. Its a 4dr robin's egg blue. Its built, but I can't see if its been shipped yet (because, well, Ford). Anyway, my personal situation has changed in the last 8+ months since I started the HEL journey, and I am walking away from their offer/allocation. Granger has been TERRIFIC the entire time and I will buy from them again when the time comes. I know Granger would like to give members here first chance at picking up my allocation and have been told I can post here letting everyone know. If you're interested in a HEL, please contact Samantha Taylor directly at Granger to determine if it's right for you. Her number is 515 999-8253.

Again, I just want to reiterate, Granger has been fantastic, I wouldn't hesitate doing business with them.

Thanks for reading,
Rod

Sponsored

rhart540

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 2008 GT500KR, 1965 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just read the rules in the classifieds. My post doesn't meet the rules, so this is where it stays. I know there is a lot of interest in this thread, so hopefully someone can find an HEL at an agreeable price from an honest dealer (Granger). Sorry for the second post.

Bridgebuilder

Heritage
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Finally delivered! Took 1,131 days from original reservation! Delivery never updated on dealer tracker. They had no idea it was coming. It just showed up Saturday 8/19 afternoon. Now on to the fun of seeing if my offer will be honored.

Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club 1692630539580

Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club 1692630668287

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Congrats @Red Squatch @Bronco Raptor !!!

@Bridgebuilder I'm just going to pretend that picture is mine ok???

I just called and mine's sitting in Kansas City, so if Omaha is where it gets transferred to a truck hopefully it'll be there this week!

BroncoRaptor

Heritage
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ Sprinter Van 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Two forms of price protection:

• Retail order price protection - You are price protected back to the price of the vehicle when your 2023 order was placed. Valid for all Ford vehicles.
  • Order Transition Private Offer - This is the Pgm# 38644, and is a special program specifically for the Bronco reservation system, which price protects you from previous model years.
And yes, the two do stack.

There is zero incentive for the dealer not to offer the private offer, they see none of the money regardless, it's just a pass through straight from Ford to you. However, there is an incentive for them not to offer retail order price protection, as the cost saving from that does pass through the dealer.

Many dealers had no idea retail price protection was a thing until this period of high inflation, as up until the past two years, mid-year price increases were rare. And those dealers that are aware it exists are afraid to offer it because they are scared Ford won't reimburse them on the backend. If dealerships don't properly apply price protection or private offers, they have to eat the cost.

And of course you have the dealers out there that know exactly how it works and they just want a little extra off the top for themselves.
Ah - thank for the detailed explanation. I will work with the dealer on this - hope they will resolve it in my favor. I already have to pay $1,500-$2,000 to ship it to my new address on the East coast.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ah - thank for the detailed explanation. I will work with the dealer on this - hope they will resolve it in my favor. I already have to pay $1,500-$2,000 to ship it to my new address on the East coast.
Who you going for shipping? I was quoted a little over $1k from Granger to Beaufort, SC; Asheville is a little closer that I am.

Sponsored

Red Squatch

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra convertible
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Finally delivered! Took 1,131 days from original reservation! Delivery never updated on dealer tracker. They had no idea it was coming. It just showed up Saturday afternoon. Now on to the fun of seeing if my offer will be honored.

Mine was delivered to Butler Saturday as well could that be mine right next to yours?

BroncoRaptor

Heritage
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ Sprinter Van 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Who you going for shipping? I was quoted a little over $1k from Granger to Beaufort, SC; Asheville is a little closer that I am.
a broker: www.amerifreight.net

they'll try to find the cheapest possible independent carrier using a "jobs board" - so, you probably get what you pay. It can take several weeks to find a taker.

Last edited:

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I received both PO and PP. I was a day one holder.

Red Squatch

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra convertible
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Finally delivered! Took 1,131 days from original reservation! Delivery never updated on dealer tracker. They had no idea it was coming. It just showed up Saturday afternoon. Now on to the fun of seeing if my offer will be honored.

I should have also mentioned that it's sad that my 656 day wait is nothing compared to all you early res holders. Really sad Ford.

Bronco Dad

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, 2022 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
For what it’s worth…700 miles so far with 15 min daily commute, runnin around town, two 90 mile trips to the beach and Fuel Economy shows 19.4mpg and range is close to 400 miles 😃
I did notice speedo might be off by about 1.5mph… when speedo had 70, Waze calculated 68ish…
So, that's a funny observation because I've noticed everytime I pass by a Police digital speed trap I'm about 1-2MPH off from my readout. I was wondering if something was off.

Im getting 21.5MPG with mostly 50-55MPH roads around me with about 1800 total miles.
Sponsored