First Name
ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB 4DR BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey guys, has anyone figured this out? I don't have the software to try it and dont want to pay that much for it. I found this video when searching for the Ford Part number and the guy says that this will work on any vehicle that uses the module that our Bronco's use.

Sponsored

BroncGal

Black Diamond
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did anybody figure this one out? Currently dealing with the same thing. Had a fender bender and after the collision center replaced and installed a brand new light it is not turning on. They are sending a Ford Technician out tomorrow to reprogram the lights. Hopefully it will resolve the issue but if anybody else got theirs to work I would appreciate the feedback!

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tell your insurance agent that the body shop can’t solve it and take it to the dealership. Let your insurance pay the dealership to resolve the issue.
The claims adjuster handling the claim is the person to call and work with, not the agent.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had to replace a headlight assembly due to a fender bender. The body shop installed a new one but it is not fully functioning. High and low beams work, as do the turn signals. DRL not working on that side. Also the front turn signal doesn't work on low brightness (parking lights). My question is, is the whole assembly faulty or is this something the dealer can fix by flashing a module or something. Base headlights btw
If you had a body shop do it they probably bought a used light from another shop or online. Always demand 100% BRAND NEW OEM Parts. Body shops make extra money when they source replacement parts from cheaper sources.

We get a lot of body shops that order replacement headlights for customers and it drives me nuts. I mean I appreciate the business but they usually try and pull one over on a customer by ordering the wrong types of lights. I'll have body shops call me to verify something fits and I'll ask them "well what kind of lights do they have now" and they go "ohh i don't know but we just need 1 light to replace something" and I try and explain that we have to match the EXACT Light. Could be a different trim level or the customer could have gotten a different MODEL headlight (like with Morimotos, they make 3 different kinds for a Bronco).

CHANCES ARE, you got a used light with problems. As far as I'm aware there is nothing to PROGRAM to make DRL function work. Does your new light match the OLD light as the broncos have DIFFERENT kinds of headlights. And it's just ONE plug on the back so it's not like they could have forgotten a plug

Sponsored

BroncGal

Black Diamond
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I considered this as a possibility too, however, the collision center and the insurance adjuster both confirmed that the headlight came directly from Ford. They received one which didn’t work and got another replacement from Ford which had the same issue. According to them and their research a Ford Tech needs to go program it. 🤷‍♀️ I’ll keep you all updated on what happens tomorrow.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I considered this as a possibility too, however, the collision center and the insurance adjuster both confirmed that the headlight came directly from Ford. They received one which didn’t work and got another replacement from Ford which had the same issue. According to them and their research a Ford Tech needs to go program it. 🤷‍♀️ I’ll keep you all updated on what happens tomorrow.
Did they order the correct headlight? There are different kinds of headlights. Are you sure your truck has signature headlights and they ordered the NON signature headlights?

I've never heard of a headlight "needing programming" ever. Sounds like they ordered the WRONG type of headlight.

It would help if you posted a photo of your truck before the accident and a photo of it now (with the headlight they put in)

OP
OP
JGloss

JGloss

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 1500, Kawasaki Versys 300x
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did they order the correct headlight? There are different kinds of headlights. Are you sure your truck has signature headlights and they ordered the NON signature headlights?

I've never heard of a headlight "needing programming" ever. Sounds like they ordered the WRONG type of headlight.

It would help if you posted a photo of your truck before the accident and a photo of it now (with the headlight they put in)
It was new and correct light. This was over a year ago. Had to take it to dealer and have it hooked up to the computer. Something about the headlight bus if I recall.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It was new and correct light. This was over a year ago. Had to take it to dealer and have it hooked up to the computer. Something about the headlight bus if I recall.
Ohh I see that now this post was from 2022. Dontcha love when folks bring an old post up to the top lol.

I guess tech has changed. I've never seen that on vehicles before where you had to reprogram a headlight to make it work.

If I had to guess, i'd say the computer said "ohh crap your headlight is out, let me turn that circuit off" and it kept that cirucit off until RESET. I've had to do that with the fog circuit. Replacing fog lights and you go to test them one at a time and the truck goes "hey you have a fog out, let me turn that circuit off" until you reset it.
Sponsored