First Name
Harguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How are dog owners getting their furry friends into the truck? With the Sas package, my pup has a bit of fear jumping in and even more difficultly jumping out.

Is there any kind of ramp you are using that is easy to store or even build into the Bronco somehow? I am going to get some kind of soft pad so when he jumps out, he has a softer landing, but something to make his life easier across the board would be great!

I see some of the ramps available on Amazon, but I'm skeptical of their durability and ability to "latch" onto the bronco in some manner to make it a secure ascend/descend for the pup.

Cheers!
Sponsored

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have this issue. I have a 100lb golden doodle that cannot jump in the bronco and I struggle to lift him in. I want to get a hitch step. Just need to find one I like.

OP
OP

somerandomguy

Wildtrak
First Name
Harguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have this issue. I have a 100lb golden doodle that cannot jump in the bronco and I struggle to lift him in. I want to get a hitch step. Just need to find one I like.
Never heard of that! Would this not work?

PetSafe Happy Ride Dog Hitch Step - Easy to Install on Any 2 Inch Vehicle Hitch - High-Traction Steps - Folds Down for Travel - Supports Pets up to 200 lb - Great for SUVs and Trucks https://a.co/d/j2ibpOI

Quitefrankly

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Golden helps me stay fit 70 pound lift for me I can’t imagine bigger doggies. Thankfully he doesn’t mind jumping out and loves the trunk.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I won’t allow my 10 year old cattle dog jump out cause I don’t want her to injure her shoulder. I have trained her to put her front paws as far up then I’ll lift her in.

She loves riding and sleeping in the bronco.

Sponsored

Tripper

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Mustang GT Conv & '13 Ford Edge Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We used this ramp from Petsafe on Amazon. Our guy was 55 lbs lab mix. He was getting older and couldn't do the jumps in and out. The ramp was a bit steep for him so I would help him up, but the ramp was very sturdy. The top kinda has a rough sand paper like material for grip. Only bad thing was the tiny snap on latch that keeps it from extending when handling, broke. But that had zero to do with function.
Ford Bronco Getting dog into Sas. Screenshot_20230417_012738_Amazon Shoppin

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Indy is 15. He weighs about 33lbs and stopped jumping in and out of the Jeep about 4 years ago. So he gets lifted onto the back seat and his harness clipped onto the middle seat belt.

If he was a bigger dog I’d be looking at a step or ramp for sure.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This works for me but may not for you, I pick my 60 pound pit and put her in the back. I know not everyone is able to do this. She's 5 and I want to keep impacts on her knees to a minimum. I have a cargo area liner from Mabett, then I put a waterproof car seat cover on top and looped one of those bungee seat belt to dog leash things around one of the tie down ring. Stock SAS is too tall for her to jump in but she would definitely jump out and take off. So I needed the leash to keep her in the car until I was ready to take her out. Best of luck finding the solution that works for you.

Dtom417

Base
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g25x
Your Bronco Model
Base
Look for the folding steps on Amazon . They work great and fold up really small.

Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 65-70 pound pittie got PTLO (knee) surgery and will be getting the other one done shortly. We had to pick her up and put her in the car each vet visit. I am not looking forward to that again.

Our other pit is blind and about 75 pounds. Luckily he will jump in and out of the car with minimal push on our end. Not sure if he would even use the hitch step. Might need to do some testing with one.

I will say the bronco sliding tailgate has been a god send as I can just lift them up and plop them on to the tailgate instead of maneuvering them under the soft top and into the trunk.

And since this is a pet thread. GET YOUR DOGS HARNESSES AND SEATBELTS IF THEY DO NOT GO INTO SECURED CRATES IN THE CAR.

mattymatthall

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We have two 40lb and 25lb, but we put bucket seats for them to sit in the back seat so we lift them into the bronco, also have a 2dr so little more difficult than a 4dr. I haven't tried the cargo area but my dogs like to see whats going on forward and around so we like the seats better.

Patotas

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

9 month old Golden. He's about 70lbs now and until this last week I had to pick him up to get him in and out. One thing that helped was I taught him to put his front paws up on the seat so I just had to life his back legs up. Made it easier. Now he jumps in and out as long as there is enough room by the door.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Never heard of that! Would this not work?

PetSafe Happy Ride Dog Hitch Step - Easy to Install on Any 2 Inch Vehicle Hitch - High-Traction Steps - Folds Down for Travel - Supports Pets up to 200 lb - Great for SUVs and Trucks https://a.co/d/j2ibpOI
That would work great!
Sponsored