Sponsored

Front Parking sensors quit working after installing my LOD front bumper?

Mirage

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door EG SAS BL, 2024 2 Door Yellow HEL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not super concerned if they get fixed or not, but after I installed my LOD front bumper a couple of weeks ago, my front parking sensors just didn't work anymore... My rear ones still worked after installing a steel rear bumper, but my front ones no longer work.

No big deal, I just didn't worry about them, until I lifted my Bronco, an additional 2.5", a week later? The sensors just started freaking out, as soon as I started to move, in either direction! I disabled them on the screen, but they still freaked out the screen, as soon as I started to move... I eventually got all that noise/warnings turned off in Forscan!

I'm about to add a new front bumper to my wife's in a couple of weeks and prefer to not have the same thing happen with hers....? Yall got any, non-smartass theories, that'll help me get mine fixed? I noticed something in Forscan about with how high each corner was in mm, I assume, and was wondering if I had to change that number, due to the new lift?

Thanks for any help!
Sponsored

Freebird32

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F150 4x4, 82 Toyota 4x4 orig owner, 08 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you contact LOD for help? Did you have ACC? Harness swap from old bumper to new, sensor connectors oriented to left or right (not vertical)? LOD should be able to answer your questions, since they designed it..
I just installed a BAMF winch bumper and had to take portions of harness sheathing off to increase pigtail reach on one sensor but they all worked fine after I adjusted outer sensor outward angle to match OEM bumper (21 degrees). Until I did that they were going off anytime I got close to even a car next to me. I didn’t have any lift on mine.

OP
OP
Mirage

Mirage

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you contact LOD for help? Did you have ACC? Harness swap from old bumper to new, sensor connectors oriented to left or right (not vertical)? LOD should be able to answer your questions, since they designed it..
I just installed a BAMF winch bumper and had to take portions of harness sheathing off to increase pigtail reach on one sensor but they all worked fine after I adjusted outer sensor outward angle to match OEM bumper (21 degrees). Until I did that they were going off anytime I got close to even a car next to me. I didn’t have any lift on mine.
Yes, I've contacted LoD... I installed everything exactly like they said too, pe their

JEMSA

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Bronco, 82 F350, 91 MX5, 93 MX5, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed warn bumper using stock harness and sensors. Was very wonky until I re-plugged the wonkiest of the four and the main plug as well.

Then back to normal compared to the OEM set up.

Also found my ACC relocation would drop out of service and removed 2 louvers in front of it, though the instructions said the louvers could be left in place . No issues after I pulled those louvers.

TerryB

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands Sasquatch, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let’s start with the first issue. If the sensors didn’t work at all then you had a connection issue wirh the wiring. Not plugged in, not plugged all the way in, broken wire, shorted wire, etc.
For the second issue it sounds like the lift is pulling on the wiring cable and causing an intermittent connection.
There is no, oh here’s your problem answer. Start at the bumper and follow the wiring looking for connection problems and/or a wire bundle stretched too tight.

Sponsored

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The sensor plugs are very tight. Spray with a bit of WD40, let it dry some, and then replug. They may not be seated properly. It was a problem for me too until I found prior threads.

the wire harness could also be installed in reverse. I did that too… 🤷‍♂️

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I am still running stock bumper and sensors have not been touched.... They are about 9.5 to 10 inches higher than they were stock though and they work exactly as they always have....

Just a guess here... Maybe it was unplugging then replugging them in???? Maybe try a reset by disconnecting the Battery for 10 min.??? Short of that working I would be rechecking all of my connections for the 43rd time.

OP
OP
Mirage

Mirage

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let’s start with the first issue. If the sensors didn’t work at all then you had a connection issue wirh the wiring. Not plugged in, not plugged all the way in, broken wire, shorted wire, etc.
For the second issue it sounds like the lift is pulling on the wiring cable and causing an intermittent connection.
There is no, oh here’s your problem answer. Start at the bumper and follow the wiring looking for connection problems and/or a wire bundle stretched too tight.
The lift didn't affect the wiring harness of the sensors... It's not a huge concern, I just have to take the wings off the bumper soon and thought I'd try to figure it out... I've never needed "parking" sensors in my whole 49 years of life and wish it didn't have them...

TerryB

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spray with a bit of WD40, let it dry some, and then replug.
WD40 (the original stuff) is an insulator, do not use it on a connector (Or as a lubricant). Within a few months it will turn into a gummy mess and attract dust and dirt. Just look at the door hinges in a house where it was used as a lubricant. That’s what that black around the hinge is from.
If the poster meant WD40 Contact Cleaner, it won’t hurt anything but I see no purpose either. Connectors are supposed to be tight.

OP
OP
Mirage

Mirage

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The sensor plugs are very tight. Spray with a bit of WD40, let it dry some, and then replug. They may not be seated properly. It was a problem for me too until I found prior threads.

the wire harness could also be installed in reverse. I did that too… 🤷‍♂️
It's weird though, because I changed the rear bumper a couple days after owning it and everything worked out fine. The harness cannot be installed in reverse on the front, the rear harness, however, can be installed in the opposite direction. I'll check it out when I get a chance too. Got to work on the wife's Bronco now :) Thanks for the tips!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mirage

Mirage

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WD40 (the original stuff) is an insulator, do not use it on a connector (Or as a lubricant). Within a few months it will turn into a gummy mess and attract dust and dirt. Just look at the door hinges in a house where it was used as a lubricant. That’s what that black around the hinge is from.
If the poster meant WD40 Contact Cleaner, it won’t hurt anything but I see no purpose either. Connectors are supposed to be tight.
I have electric contact cleaner that I will use.

TerryB

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The lift didn't affect the wiring harness of the sensors.
You don’t know that. It’s actually a very common problem after lifts on any vehicle when already tight cables are over-stretched.

OP
OP
Mirage

Mirage

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am still running stock bumper and sensors have not been touched.... They are about 9.5 to 10 inches higher than they were stock though and they work exactly as they always have....

Just a guess here... Maybe it was unplugging then replugging them in???? Maybe try a reset by disconnecting the Battery for 10 min.??? Short of that working I would be rechecking all of my connections for the 43rd time.
Not sure? They never worked at all after I installed the front bumper, but then after the lift, they went insane... Only reason I was curious is, because I was going to take the wings off the bumper soon, and figured that would be the best time to check.

But as soon as I moved, all 4 of them would light up, but with nothing even close to the Bronco, and at different levels of alert and something like green in the middle left, red in the middle right, yellow in the outer right and red in the outer left and just beeping like crazy!

I've never owned anything with front "parking" sensors, so I really don't need them, LOL! I like the rear sensors though and they still work, as does my front camera!

OP
OP
Mirage

Mirage

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You don’t know that. It’s actually a very common problem after lifts on any vehicle when already tight cables are over-stretched.
I do know that, because I installed the effin thing and the wiring harness for the front sensors was never touched!

TerryB

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some people just can't be helped.
Sponsored