Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yours seems narrower than @BIGJIM setup. Looks like his has more side overhang, which makes me think it's the XL version. Could be my eyes too. Thanks for sharing, looks good. I'll be installing mine this weekend.
I think you’re correct about his being the XL. I tried to make sure the photos were as accurate as possible to what I see in real life with the overhang. I’m looking for a potential quick release solution as mounting to the stock rack was a little more tedious than I’d like…just due to space for tools to fit in. Otherwise I’m very happy with the tent! Post yours when it’s mounted.
Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think you’re correct about his being the XL. I tried to make sure the photos were as accurate as possible to what I see in real life with the overhang. I’m looking for a potential quick release solution as mounting to the stock rack was a little more tedious than I’d like…just due to space for tools to fit in. Otherwise I’m very happy with the tent! Post yours when it’s mounted.
Finally installed my Aspen Lite. Not an easy task, especially the middle cross bar. Too tall, can't fit into my garage. I dread this fall when I need to remove it for the winter.

rtt1.jpg

rtt3.jpg

rtt5.jpg

rtt2.jpg

rtt7.jpg

rtt4.jpg

rttlift1.jpg

rttlift2.jpg

rtt6.jpg

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally installed my Aspen Lite. Not an easy task, especially the middle cross bar. Too tall, can't fit into my garage. I dread this fall when I need to remove it for the winter.

rtt1.jpg

rtt3.jpg

rtt5.jpg

rtt2.jpg

rtt7.jpg

rtt4.jpg

rttlift1.jpg

rttlift2.jpg

rtt6.jpg
Looking good! Nice replacement for a second set of hands

Davespeed

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looking good. My Aspen Lite possibly arriving tomorrow. Need to contact the trucking company as it made it into the local depot.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just about to order the Aspen Lite Standard, for the folks with the factory roof rack just wanted to confirm you had no issue mounting with the kit that came with the tent?

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm just about to order the Aspen Lite Standard, for the folks with the factory roof rack just wanted to confirm you had no issue mounting with the kit that came with the tent?
Hi! I installed the 3rd crossbar from Ford, for weight distribution. The tent only comes with 4 mounting brackets, I had to order another mounting kit from FSR. So 2 brackets for each crossbar. FSR mounting kit/brackets work great. They even include the ratcheting wrench.

I have the 2-door. If you have a 4-door, getting to the middle crossbar mounts will probably be easier. The install of the mounts to the front (remove the Bronco front roof panels) and rear were fairly manageable. The middle crossbar was the pain. Luckily, the way the Aspen Lite is built (slats across the bottom rather than a full aluminum panel), you can access the middle crossbar mounting through the tent frame. Get the front and rear brackets installed. Open the tent, loosen the velcro straps underneath the tent where the middle crossbar is. This will allow you to lift up the bottom of the tent up away from the frame. Then you can reach down to install the mounting brackets.

Hope this helps.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I"ve got the 2 door as well, this is great info - thank you!
Sponsored