Sponsored

Forscan Connected, Made Change, Failed to disconnect and now will not connect to Bronco 23

BobN - USAF

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend, 1942 Ford GPW (jeep)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm new to Forscan. My Bronco is a 23 Big Bend that came with the 6 speaker delete option. Yesterday, I installed a Ford Fusion amp and a kicker 6.5 speaker. Very easy overall.

Downloaded, activated Forscan, using the recommended dongle. Connected to the Bronco. Copied/saved original setup. Went to the ACM and edit line 727-01-01. In the SECOND column change 14F1 to 16F1, THIRD column change 0098 to 009A. Clicked Write. Pressed OFF then ON, then OK. Thought I was done. Went to disconnect and nothing happened. After waiting several minutes, I turned the Bronco OFF and then disconnected the dongle. Tried to reconnect (after plugging the dongle back in) with the Bronco ON and Forscan says it cannot connect. Not sure what I did wrong.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BobN - USAF

BobN - USAF

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend, 1942 Ford GPW (jeep)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well now, I finally had a chance to check out my Bronco with the apparently failed Forscan/Bronco connection. I didn't try connecting to Forscan/Bronco again but I did check my rear speaker. Sound is coming out of it. I guess it did write to the ACM before it faild. Does it sound great? Beats me, I'm not really an audiophile. There doesn't appear to be any way to control it. In the Sync 4 controls, the fader only seems to show 4 speakers.

Still don't know why I can't reconnect Forscan to the Bronco. It only let's me look at the "original" file that I set.