Sponsored

Ford Procal & Ford Performance Steering Rack Question?

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I know there has been a lot of discussion on this but has there been a final answer on the following question....

For those of that have updated their broncos with the procal tune can you install the ford performance rack and have it programmed with the procal tuner you have already used? If so how does that work and what is the process? Can a dealer do it using the owners procal?

Thank you! I just don't want to purchase a rack for 1k and take out the 2.0 rack and be stuck.
Sponsored

K6V7N

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure. Do you have two yellow papers in the box it all came in? Like the tuneā€¦ the rack calibration has a validation code on a separate yellow paper. If you have 2 yellows you should be good to go. If not I would contact Ford Perfromance for that inquiry

Question for youā€¦ I had a Ford dealer install the 2.7 performance tune yesterday. I have heard it deactivates the auto start stop featureā€¦ however my Bronco is still auto start stopping at red lights. Any input? The tune shows it is on the device but how do I know it was actually installed into the Bronco?

OP
OP
Lak34ers

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not sure. Do you have two yellow papers in the box it all came in? Like the tuneā€¦ the rack calibration has a validation code on a separate yellow paper. If you have 2 yellows you should be good to go. If not I would contact Ford Perfromance for that inquiry

Question for youā€¦ I had a Ford dealer install the 2.7 performance tune yesterday. I have heard it deactivates the auto start stop featureā€¦ however my Bronco is still auto start stopping at red lights. Any input? The tune shows it is on the device but how do I know it was actually installed into the Bronco?
My auto start and stop still works after the tune. Don't remember a feature to disable it but I don't mind it.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The tune doesn't disable the auto start-stop. But it does make it so the Bronco remembers whether you had it on or off. Without the tune you have to turn if off every time you start up the vehicle. With the tune it remembers.

BTW I'm still waiting for a final answer on the OP's question too. Unless I've missed it, I don't think that question has been ironed out yet. Of course you *should* be able to install the rack and just use the ProCal you already have. But as far as I've seen so far, it hasn't proven to be that simple.

K6V7N

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The tune doesn't disable the auto start-stop. But it does make it so the Bronco remembers whether you had it on or off. Without the tune you have to turn if off every time you start up the vehicle. With the tune it remembers.

BTW I'm still waiting for a final answer on the OP's question too. Unless I've missed it, I don't think that question has been ironed out yet. Of course you *should* be able to install the rack and just use the ProCal you already have. But as far as I've seen so far, it hasn't proven to be that simple.
Thank you for the info. My Bronco not remembering so I guess Iā€™m still not sure the tune was downloaded from the procal to the vehicle correctly.

Sponsored

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you have the tune, at least with MY23, i just hit the ASS button to turn it off, and it hasnt come back on, that was months ago if i hit the button again, it activates again,

if you have the tuner(you should), you should be able to connect it to the obii port and see tell if you have it installed.

froman

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Cactus Gray, 1976 Bronco,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had to work with ford performance for 2 days until Joe from Livernois called me. (Livernois is contracted with Ford performance)
He had to take control of my PC and manually put the steering tune on the procal.
This is a known issue and Joe was supposed to get with the engineers to resolve the issue of people already having the performance tune on their bronco. He mentioned at one point he thinks the reason this happen(s) is because ford performance was going to make people buy another procal just for the steering rack installā€¦.
Short answer, is make sure your procal has the new steering tune before you take it to the dealership.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The answer is YES, i have the tune installed and installed the rack today using the same procall. Of course I had to be on the phone with a ford engineer for about 3 hours over 4 daysā€¦still need call tomorrow to clear a codeā€¦
Sponsored