Sponsored

For those who haven't bought your Bronco yet...

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sport mode helps a little with the throttle response issue at startup. I'm hoping to get the Ford performance tune one day though.
Sponsored

skyhunter

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am curious about the 2.3L I-4 owners.

I know this will sound nuts, but I hate that 'power symbol' head light configuration on the other models and I am looking at a Big Bend in 2 doors. The 2.3L seems like the prevalent engine in all I have seen.

Arc

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc 1965 4x4 SS Elcamino 72
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey everyone, I just posted my 2 year review.

If anyone is just lurking the forums and hasn't decided to buy a Bronco yet, let me know if you have any specific questions. Especially if it's about the Badlands and/or with the Sasquatch package.

20231003_170854.jpg

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am curious about the 2.3L I-4 owners.

I know this will sound nuts, but I hate that 'power symbol' head light configuration on the other models and I am looking at a Big Bend in 2 doors. The 2.3L seems like the prevalent engine in all I have seen.
What are you curious about? I have the 2.3. There are lots of threads comparing the 2.3 to the 2.7. General consensus is the 2.3 has enough power and probably a little more reliable than the 2.7. Both engines are more powerful than any stock V8 ever offered in a Bronco.

skyhunter

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What are you curious about? I have the 2.3. There are lots of threads comparing the 2.3 to the 2.7. General consensus is the 2.3 has enough power and probably a little more reliable than the 2.7. Both engines are more powerful than any stock V8 ever offered in a Bronco.
That about covers it. I just find it easier to ask a question to get answers from people who have been driving it in real world situations for a while, rather than some magazine article comparisons. Or using the search options and hoping to find the best thread.

I thought "for those of you who have not bought yet' would be a good one. I see you have the Black Diamond with the I-4. Did you order it that way? Have not seen one in my searches. How many miles you have on it.

Sponsored

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How is the EcoBoost? I have a regular V6 in my 16 F150 and the I4 I test drove seemed on par (as much as one can gather driving for 15 minutes) at least and a wee peppier. The PU has that step on gas "let's see if he really meant to do that" lawyer delay throttle response I HATE.
Whoah, waitā€¦. Is that really why there is such a lag in throttle response in vehicles these days? Because of some stupid nanny setting ā€œin case driver didnā€™t mean to step on itā€? My Mazda CX5ā€¦.all 4 I have owned, have close to a 2 second lag between flooring it and the car moving. It is downright dangerous, I about got t-boned flooring it to get out of the way of an idiot running a light.

Havenā€™t tried it in my Bronco yetā€¦donā€™t want to see the gas gauge drop 1/4 tank. šŸ˜‚

skyhunter

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It has to be a lawyer button. In all the automatics I have had, including the one I have in an old car with an 88 AOD, this crazy delay was not present. It has all the fingerprints the nanny state, you know, The people responsible for pictures like this in manuals. I realized it happening in the same way, during a "I got to move out of the way right now" situation.

tree.png

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe it's time to do a review in a few more miles, just made 95k miles.

OP
OP
jaeggernaut

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Bugkillah, thanks. I'm glad my videos entertain you, even if I have to lay waste to a Ducati now and then. btw, zip ties rule. They align with the rugged Bronco vibe. Just double'em up, just in case. (y)

thanks @Fordified1. I'm with you. I didn't realize I was breaking any rules. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

the delays is the last straw for me too to pick the 6cyl @wjtinfwb. you're getting great mileage, btw.

@Arc, I have to say, you have great taste! šŸ˜

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That about covers it. I just find it easier to ask a question to get answers from people who have been driving it in real world situations for a while, rather than some magazine article comparisons. Or using the search options and hoping to find the best thread.

I thought "for those of you who have not bought yet' would be a good one. I see you have the Black Diamond with the I-4. Did you order it that way? Have not seen one in my searches. How many miles you have on it.
I ordered a Badlands with mid package and the manual transmission 4 cyl. 36k miles later, still having fun.

Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I ordered mine the V6s were having issues. I test drove a 2.3 auto and was satisified being its not a sports car. I got a black diamond which has 4.46 gears. I leave it in sport and its a blast to drive. Everyone thats rode in it has been impressed with the power. I got to drive a 23 2dr BB with the 2.7 and tbh it didnt feel much different. I didnt get on the highway tho which is where she said it really comes alive.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I ordered mine the V6s were having issues. I test drove a 2.3 auto and was satisified being its not a sports car. I got a black diamond which has 4.46 gears. I leave it in sport and its a blast to drive. Everyone thats rode in it has been impressed with the power. I got to drive a 23 2dr BB with the 2.7 and tbh it didnt feel much different. I didnt get on the highway tho which is where she said it really comes alive.
Very similar story here, worries about 2.6 reliability (they were dropping valves and issues with timing chains) but my experience with the 2.3 ecoboost was our 2015 Mustang which has close to 100k miles. And all you really have to do is look at the hp numbers. 300 (on premium fuel) is pretty damn good especially considering a Mustang GT with a v8 had less hp a decade ago or so.
Sponsored