Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked up a used exhaust (previous owner thought it was too loud) and watched a couple videos on the installation. With a hitch installed it's even more challenging. After struggling for a bit I wondered why I couldn't just use some rivnuts so I grabbed a couple M8 and they worked perfectly! Made the install instantly easier.

The exhaust is definitely louder. But at idle or low rpms it's barely noticeable. But it's loud enough at full boogey I thought I had left the back window open. :LOL: It's also now possible to hear the gear shifts.

I'm thinking some Dynamat in the back cubbyhole will help a ton. I'll report back here with that news.

Ford Bronco Flowmaster Outlaw Axle Back Install Tip and Mods Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 9.23.04 PM
Ford Bronco Flowmaster Outlaw Axle Back Install Tip and Mods Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 9.23.28 PM

I just had a couple M8 bolts laying around. I may switch these out later. If I remember.
Sponsored

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was this an axle back or muffler delete? @swooshdave

markp5

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed the axle back and enjoy the throaty sound but it is definitely loud at open throttle.

Sponsored
OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed the axle back and enjoy the throaty sound but it is definitely loud at open throttle.
This was not throaty. I don't mind loud but this was not a good loud.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Flowmaster High Clearance Axle Back exhaust is not "girlfriend friendly" or "girlfriend approved".

If you want something that splits the difference between the stock and the outlaw nicely, is "girlfriend friendly", and has all the high clearance goodness of the Flowmaster Outlaw High Clearance Exhaust, then I highly recommend the aFe Apollo GT Series 3in 409SS Cat-Back high clearance exhaust.

It’s affordable at $356.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Flowmaster High Clearance Axle Back exhaust is not "girlfriend friendly" or "girlfriend approved".

If you want something that splits the difference between the stock and the outlaw nicely, is "girlfriend friendly", and has all the high clearance goodness of the Flowmaster Outlaw High Clearance Exhaust, then I highly recommend the aFe Apollo GT Series 3in 409SS Cat-Back high clearance exhaust.

It’s affordable at $356.
My wife has a Mustang GT and the stock exhaust is wicked. The Outlaw sounded pathetic next to it.
Sponsored