Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1st - Bang for the Buck ($130.00), it's worth it. In quality and fitment. The install relatively simple (30mins), I took an hour to paint / coat the mounting bracket an added some heat (heat gun) to cure / dry the paint. It's still chilly in the NE.

IMO... Cold start up is loud but once it drops to idle it sounded sweet and took it for a test drive. Heading out of the neighbor, I was inclined to stay 25mph. Mostly under 2k rpms. At stop signs and red light pull aways. It is loud!!! Once at speed 45mph and under 2k rpm it hardly noticeable. Hitting the on ramp to the hwy; it's all about the exhaust. Once at speed... 65 or 80 cruising it is not bad but, we also have some Bronco wind noise that helps drown it out. BTW, I have a 40" roof light bar with a diffuser and still have some wind noise.

For me... it was a fun purchase for three reasons.
1) I like the hidden exhaust for off road purposes.
2) I was planning on installing an auxiliary fuel tank where the OEM muffler was.
3) It was cheap compared to the similar AWE version for $745.00

In short and IMO... I'm driving a 2.7 (Not V8) and I don't need to make a lot of noise when I'm driving the blvd or heading to the store. I plan to drive it for a week or so (it may grow on me) but, think I'll keep it for off road events and excursions...

I didn't add any sound clips with this post. I will be in a parking garage later in the week and plan to record a clip then along with some at hwy speeds. That is if others are interested still. There have been several posts with sound clips already.

I am still waiting for Borla to release their Bronco line. FYI, I'm not interested in Ford Performance Borla muffler... So I can have three (3) sound options to choose from. I may need to come up with another option for the aux fuel tank though.

20220425_150020.jpg

20220425_150031.jpg

20220425_155103.jpg

20220425_155142.jpg
Sponsored

Perfect-Beast-2

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100 / 1980 F150 Stepside / 2019 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Gary,
We can compare sounds this weekend. I just added the MRT trail Rated.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have basically the same observations about the exhaust, on the highway at most speeds, it's not annoying or bad in any meaningful way.

OP
OP
Gtrekker

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Gary,
We can compare sounds this weekend. I just added the MRT trail Rated.
That's nice an comes with a small muffler!!! I'm straight pipe. You should have the better drivable sound.

I wont be able to confirm Saturday till Wednesday or last minute.
Sponsored