First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m struggling with this rear bumper compared to their instructions. There is a huge gap on the STC coupler and the tail gate side won’t fit. Has anyone else had this issue?

IMG_2231.jpeg

IMG_2230.jpeg

IMG_2229.jpeg

IMG_2228.jpeg
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There should be some additional rubber washers & solid spacers (Not Shown) that you can shim this side with. I agree the instructions & hardware left a bit to be desired ;)
Ford Bronco Expedition One rear bumper install help IMG_1131-1

OP
OP

PewPewDad

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I rec’d no rubber washers. The instructions said aluminum washers but it would require at least 4 and the bolts won’t fit through them. 2k bumper….

do you or does anyone else have pictures of the coupler installed?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I rec’d no rubber washers. The instructions said aluminum washers but it would require at least 4 and the bolts won’t fit through them. 2k bumper….

do you or does anyone else have pictures of the coupler installed?
I tried to do just that & it was too tight to see anything without taking it apart & I'm not up for that anytime soon. That's why you got the spare picture ;) .

The bag of hardware seemed hodgepodge together & I think I remember using a good bit of shop supplies to piece it all together. I would just go get a longer bolt & matching nut & use some spacers.
It really is nice once you get it sorted 🤠

jayhawkerr

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 XC90; '14 Tundra; '71 Chevelle; '37 Tudor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m struggling with this rear bumper compared to their instructions. There is a huge gap on the STC coupler and the tail gate side won’t fit. Has anyone else had this issue?

IMG_2231.jpeg

IMG_2230.jpeg

IMG_2229.jpeg

IMG_2228.jpeg
That gap is intentional and there to allow adjustment for a body lift. In your parts bag you should have two aluminum spacers to fill the gap. They go above if no body lift and below if you have a body lift.

IMG_3642.jpeg

Sponsored

jayhawkerr

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 XC90; '14 Tundra; '71 Chevelle; '37 Tudor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Couple other tips: 1. use super lube grease inside the rubber bushings and on the rubber surface between the bushing and the metal bracket and the aluminum spacers. 2. it is a tight fit to insert in the bracket but is supposed to be that way. 3. Don’t tighten the pivot bolts on all the way or even insert one all the way until you get the pivot adjusted so that the swing arm is firmly against the rubber bumper pads. Then insert the second bolt all the way and mount your spare. This bumper is awesome but definitely is a learning curve for the first install. I also recommend watching Ex One’s video for a jeep install to help:

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Couple other tips: 1. use super lube grease inside the rubber bushings and on the rubber surface between the bushing and the metal bracket and the aluminum spacers. 2. it is a tight fit to insert in the bracket but is supposed to be that way. 3. Don’t tighten the pivot bolts on all the way or even insert one all the way until you get the pivot adjusted so that the swing arm is firmly against the rubber bumper pads. Then insert the second bolt all the way and mount your spare. This bumper is awesome but definitely is a learning curve for the first install. I also recommend watching Ex One’s video for a jeep install to help:
Man, where was this video a 1 1/2 years ago :unsure: ?
I concur. Love the bumper & it's worth the effort in getting it sorted!

Good luck OP 🤠.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, grease and the two aluminum spacers.....

Been running the previous version since 2009 and put the current version on my bronco. no complaints. Last week a surburan rear-ended me while I was stopped at a red light, crumpled their hood and zero damage to me. Their hood hit the bottom of the spare tire.

A tip: the bumper is not a install and done thing. You have to adjust after a few days/miles. Make sure the swing arm is past level, meaning the top of the spare is closer than the bottom of the spare, to the vehicle. Then tighten the hick out of the bumper mouting bolts, then lossen the tailegate mounting plate to remove all pressure, then tighten mounting plate bolts...but don't over tightened. With lube on the rubber bushings and correctly adjusted parts, the swing should be totally silent.

Last edited:

Ralphramst

Badlands
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep rubicon, F150 Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When installed mine I had the same issues.
It turned out to be me overthinking it.
mid you have the bumper on a tilt it won’t ever line up.
recommend that you have everything on the bumper setting on a couple of floor jacks to get close before you tighten up the mount bolts. Will take a couple of try’s and a few beers to get it right. Once you find the “spot” everything goes together and works well. Mines been on a year and a half with no issues.
Sponsored