First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2022 Bronco 4 door Badsquatch auto with the 4.7 rear end. I get what sounds like a rear axle whine that starts at about 10 mph and get progressively worse as my speed increases. I get the noise whether I am on dirt or paved roads. I can also put it in neutral and start coasting and the whine is still there which leads me to believe it is from the rear axle pinon/gear assembly. Does anyone else have this issue and is it normal with the 4.7 rear end? I attached a video and it is much louder than what the phone video picks up. The whine change you hear in the video at around 12 seconds is when I am in and out of the accelerator pedal. I have 20k miles and the noise has been there pretty much since new. My dealer indicates it is "normal" but I am not convinced. Thanks.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 2022 Bronco 4 door Badsquatch auto with the 4.7 rear end. I get what sounds like a rear axle whine that starts at about 10 mph and get progressively worse as my speed increases. I get the noise whether I am on dirt or paved roads. I can also put it in neutral and start coasting and the whine is still there which leads me to believe it is from the rear axle pinon/gear assembly. Does anyone else have this issue and is it normal with the 4.7 rear end? I attached a video and it is much louder than what the phone video picks up. The whine change you hear in the video at around 12 seconds is when I am in and out of the accelerator pedal. I have 20k miles and the noise has been there pretty much since new. My dealer indicates it is "normal" but I am not convinced. Thanks.
Hi Kevin. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Bronco15

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L sas 2drs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have you ever found out the reason for your issue?

OP
OP
Emmitt

Emmitt

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you ever found out the reason for your issue?
Yes - shaft bearings in the rear axle. They replaced the rear axle last week under warranty and that resolved the issue.

Bronco15

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L sas 2drs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes - shaft bearings in the rear axle. They replaced the rear axle last week under warranty and that resolved the issue.
Great news! I am experiencing a similar whining noise, most noticeable between 50-60 mph when gently pressing the pedal. It seems to reduce when shifting from 4A to 2A. However, the dealer insists that it's normal 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored
OP
OP
Emmitt

Emmitt

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great news! I am experiencing a similar whining noise, most noticeable between 50-60 mph when gently pressing the pedal. It seems to reduce when shifting from 4A to 2A. However, the dealer insists that it's normal 🤷‍♂️
Mine was most prominent at that speed also. I don't hear any drivetrain noise now and there is a night and day difference. Good luck and push your dealer to do the right thing.

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 22 badlands SAS is getting the rear end replaced Rt now( Joe cooper ford Edmond Oklahoma)
I had the whine and almost a dust cover rubbing the rotor sound. Also from pinion leaking bad with a driveline phasing feel.
wonder how long the dealer will have my bronco ? 🤨

OP
OP
Emmitt

Emmitt

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 22 badlands SAS is getting the rear end replaced Rt now( Joe cooper ford Edmond Oklahoma)
I had the whine and almost a dust cover rubbing the rotor sound. Also from pinion leaking bad with a driveline phasing feel.
wonder how long the dealer will have my bronco ? 🤨
It was on back order and right before the strike. It only took a few weeks to get my new axle in and all is still running great!

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was on back order and right before the strike. It only took a few weeks to get my new axle in and all is still running great!
My unit hase been at dealer now going on 2 weeks… no parts at any dealer or pdc.. getting concerning at this juncture
Sponsored