First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Similar for my Wildtrak, but I went with Focal Flax EVO 3-Way components, Flax EVO coaxial speakers in the rear, a JL Stealthbox, and AudioControl amplifiers because I have a much better understanding of how to use their DSP software.

Completed the installation myself. No B&O system to defeat, so integration was a bit less complicated. 6 hours for amp integration, and another 6 hours chasing and installing speaker wiring for the components.

The MTI dash plates are nice, but could use some refinement, especially considering they are custom order, and not pulled off a shelf.

Ford Bronco Dream stereo system upgrade build in Bronco Raptor IMG-2264

Ford Bronco Dream stereo system upgrade build in Bronco Raptor IMG-2266

Ford Bronco Dream stereo system upgrade build in Bronco Raptor IMG-2267
Sponsored

Last edited:

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great setup! Thanks for sharing. How do you feel the sound deadening affected road noise when the sound system is off? Was it worth the hassle of taking the seats out and everything?
Was the rear sound shield worth it as a standalone upgrade? I'd like to try and reduce road noise and am considering doing this before installing a drawer system, but I haven't seen anyone mention that it makes an actual difference

In my experience, it is more feel than a measurable reduction in ambient sound when in motion, and measuring decibels while in motion is part of the problem. The biggest offender in ambient sound is road and engine noise penetrating the firewall, the modular roof, and lack of aerodynamics.

Dynamat (and others) dampen the sheetmetal vibrations transferred into the vehicle from sharp potholes, rough terrain, typical city streets, etc. It dampens and transforms the sound, and changes how that sound reaches you, both audibly and physically.

Compared to the Raptor version, I doubt much (if any) engineering went into sound-proofing the Bronco as opposed to simply manufacturing it to prevent the elements (water and rain) from penetrating the cabin.

When you pull apart the rear cargo area, pull the cargo box, and find yourself looking at the rear axle, and can actually see the rear wheels on the left and right side, you know what you're working against when you start layering the sheet metal with your (insert brand) material.

In closing the tailgate and doors, you get a very nice thud instead of a slam. If you layer the flooring, it feels solid when you step into the vehicle, not metallic. Play music, instead of the sound bouncing around and partially escaping the cabin, the music completely consumes the cabin.

OP
OP

dblotb

Raptor
First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fj cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Great setup! Thanks for sharing. How do you feel the sound deadening affected road noise when the sound system is off? Was it worth the hassle of taking the seats out and everything?
honestly I think it might of reduced some of the noise from the road. But removing the seats I don’t think is worth it. The trunk I went over board. I did two layers and a third layer on the back of the trunk panels. I still haven’t done the doors which I heard the sthe the most important part. Only reason I did the trunk was because of the added subs to stop vibration.

Would I do it again? No probably not it was a b****. But if I were to fix the wind noise from the crappy bronco roof then 100% I would sound proof the car and even go more overboard. The metal on the bronco is very thin.

OP
OP

dblotb

Raptor
First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fj cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Similar for my Wildtrak, but I went with Focal Flax EVO 3-Way components, Flax EVO coaxial speakers in the rear, a JL Stealthbox, and AudioControl amplifiers because I have a much better understanding of how to use their DSP software.

Completed the installation myself. No B&O system to defeat, so integration was a bit less complicated. 6 hours for amp integration, and another 6 hours chasing and installing speaker wiring for the components.

The MTI dash plates are nice, but could use some refinement, especially considering they are custom order, and not pulled off a shelf.

Was going to go with this setup but I wanted to be ignorant with two 10s 😈

Sponsored

Kinetic

Raptor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Very nice work!

Question regarding your sub choice.

What were your thoughts/reasoning for going with the larger inclosure with two 10" JL's vs. the tailgate sub option with a single 13" JL?

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Was going to go with this setup but I wanted to be ignorant with two 10s 😈
LOL.

Stellar audio build. Your K2 components are nothing short of amazing.

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just finished my sound system on my 23 Braptor. I had the B&O system it was decent, but only on red lights.

Purchased the Stage 5 kit from MTI Acoustics in Texas, they shipped 100% of the products required for install.
( https://www.mtiacoustics.net/ford.html#!/Bronco-Stage-5-System-Bundle/p/531269263/category=127527773 )

Upgraded the front speakers to 3 way Focal K2 speakers
Upgraded the Rears to Focal 6.5" K2 coaxial speakers
Upgraded to x2 10 inch JL Audio Subwoofers
Added two JL amps to power the speakers and subs
Added PAC AP4 to bypass the B&O system

MTI acoustics HUGE SHOUTOUT TO THEM!!!!! They mailed me both amplifiers and the PAC AP4 already mounted on their AMP RACK with all the wiring completely done 100%. They included all the speaker enclosures to upgrade to 3 way in the front and upgrade to 6.5 in the rear. They even shipped the amps pre tuned. All i had to do was run the speaker wire which they neatly wired and and I just had to solder them to the new focal K2 speakers. They built me a custom box to house the 2 JL 10 inch subs. All this is included in their stage 5 build.

Lastly I sound deadened as much as I could.

Sorry for the crappy pics

Hope you enjoy the stereo build.

That looks great, but that huge box severely would limit hauling stuff, yes? When we go skiing, we have all our luggage, skis, boots etc. packed in back there and I don't see being able to do that with the way yours us setup without doing damage to the box or the interior. Thats valuable space for me. I wish I could but after selling my 4 runner which had a lot of space in the back for the Raptor which is already has less cargo space, that would be a no go, unless its easily removable for vacation trips.

OP
OP

dblotb

Raptor
First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fj cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That looks great, but that huge box severely would limit hauling stuff, yes? When we go skiing, we have all our luggage, skis, boots etc. packed in back there and I don't see being able to do that with the way yours us setup without doing damage to the box or the interior. Thats valuable space for me. I wish I could but after selling my 4 runner which had a lot of space in the back for the Raptor which is already has less cargo space, that would be a no go, unless its easily removable for vacation trips.
super easy to remove.

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

super easy to remove.
Good you can pull for space, but when we travel…playlists and jam sessions are part of the experience & fun. I’ve got to imagine the sound is quite different w/o the subs.

Regardless, still one of the nicer builds I’ve seen. Congrats!
Sponsored