First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco FE, 2 door base-mansquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My local service in/out is directly by the front lot displays, literally 10 feet away the rows start 🙂 And where I bought mine, same deal but 20 feet over are 3 raptors lined up...
my dealer has 4 Raptors sitting on the lot - one for over 9 months.
Sponsored

Johnny Vikes

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco FE, 2 door base-mansquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just got back from getting my Bronco serviced at the dealership. After seeing both of the porters who moved my Bronco slam it's door behind them while walking away, and one of them moved another owner's Bronco and did the same right in front of me. So I politely called the guy over and asked him if he was aware of the frame less windows and that the windows go down and up when you open and close the doors? And, we was engaged in a conversation with the porter, who was polite and generally interested comparing the Bronco's frame less window with the Jeep's framed windows that had he just drove too.

The owner of the Bronco that we were standing next to, walked by at the same time, he seemed to be smiling at what I was telling the porter and I asked him "Do you mind if I show him (the porter) what I mean?" To my surprise as I reached for the door he says, "Yea! I mind! DON'T TOUCH MY Bronco!" And Then goes from smiling at us to looking back with a glare.

Really! I wanted to call out to the guy who's about half my age and ask him, "do you know how many people are gong open and close your Bronco's door while it's being moved around and serviced?" But I said nothing, even after the stare down he tried to throw back.

The porter than remarked "Yea every time he comes in his Bronco [a black Badlands] is spotless clean and it looks like he never takes it off road." Then joked about how many Broncos come in and look to have never been taken off road, asking "why these owners buy and never go off pavement at all?" He then comment on how dirty mine was before he washed it and pointing out my stickers, which are just some of my outings, "Yours is always dirty when you come in".

After the kid walked away, we joked about mall crawlers and uptight owners. I mean if I was some rando off the street, I'd get the attitude about not touching it, but a fellow Bronco owner and an old guy too, trying to educate a porter on how to better take care of "Your Bronco" to not damage it?
also, sounds like a weird flex that you off road.

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was really surprised that lot porters that drive vehicles around all day (Mustangs, Broncos) that have frameless windows, weren't aware the windows drop when you close the door. The Bronco has been out for what--3 years, and the Mustang..who knows how long they auto drop when opening/closing? You'd think they would have noticed at some point prior to the OP pointing it out to them. They don't care...they're there to move cars..that's it.

I'm willing to bet as soon as the OP left the lot, they were back to slamming doors and have long since forgot about being "taught" about the frameless windows. Hell, this thread has existed longer than they thought about what the OP said about the windows, let alone the other Bronco owner...willing to bet he forgot about the interaction before he was a block away from the dealership.

KTP 30

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak 23 Bas Squatch 93 Mustang 87 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It was a few guys talking Broncos and he asked permission! All he had to do was say no thanks and nobody would have thought anything of it, but he had to get all snarky about it. I hope that black badlands is a 2-door, because nobody will want to ride with that guy.
No it was a guy (Darren)reprimanding a porter on how he thinks a door should be closed!!

Last edited:

TomH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got back from getting my Bronco serviced at the dealership. After seeing both of the porters who moved my Bronco slam it's door behind them while walking away, and one of them moved another owner's Bronco and did the same right in front of me. So I politely called the guy over and asked him if he was aware of the frame less windows and that the windows go down and up when you open and close the doors? And, we was engaged in a conversation with the porter, who was polite and generally interested comparing the Bronco's frame less window with the Jeep's framed windows that had he just drove too.

The owner of the Bronco that we were standing next to, walked by at the same time, he seemed to be smiling at what I was telling the porter and I asked him "Do you mind if I show him (the porter) what I mean?" To my surprise as I reached for the door he says, "Yea! I mind! DON'T TOUCH MY Bronco!" And Then goes from smiling at us to looking back with a glare.

Really! I wanted to call out to the guy who's about half my age and ask him, "do you know how many people are gong open and close your Bronco's door while it's being moved around and serviced?" But I said nothing, even after the stare down he tried to throw back.

The porter than remarked "Yea every time he comes in his Bronco [a black Badlands] is spotless clean and it looks like he never takes it off road." Then joked about how many Broncos come in and look to have never been taken off road, asking "why these owners buy and never go off pavement at all?" He then comment on how dirty mine was before he washed it and pointing out my stickers, which are just some of my outings, "Yours is always dirty when you come in".

After the kid walked away, we joked about mall crawlers and uptight owners. I mean if I was some rando off the street, I'd get the attitude about not touching it, but a fellow Bronco owner and an old guy too, trying to educate a porter on how to better take care of "Your Bronco" to not damage it?
In all seriousness, don't touch my Bronco either....some of us are like that. Sorry.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get where you’re going here, but in a supply and demand strained economy, the over consumption of goods at one price, causes sellers to adjust their calculus and raise prices until demand regains equilibrium with supply, so I was not incorrect.

Demand was crazy during 2021-2023, that’s why interest rates were raised and remain so; people keep spending money and in the case I call out, spending money on crap they don’t need.

With the supply chain already strained, most sellers felt correct that they were leaving money on the table.

Printing of money by the government isn’t what caused Ford to raise Bronco prices. Ford realizing that rich guys were paying ADM and whatever for a vehicle with sky high demand is what caused them to raise the price to where it is now, which is far more than I paid for mine with price protection.

Lots of guys just need to go back to the station wagons…. err, SUVs they came from and belong in, then prices can come down along with interest rates.
Interest rates went up because the Fed increased borrowing costs/discount rate banks pay.

In scarcity, a product may be impacted by excess demand caused during bubbles of irrational exuberance. It's always been irrational the way cars are sold to Americans (most of the rest of the world think we're crazy).

I assume the real pinch to the ego is that while you're off making the scene, the scenesters are stealing limelight while taking no risks. We used to call these poseurs in the punk scene in the 90's.

All in all, I believe it a net good that more people want parts/supplies, since the real off roader market is too small to be attractively profitable. There may be periods of want due to unenforced scarcity, but the reality is there weren't enough products to go around anyway, and frankly it's a free country. You shouldn't have to show your bona fides to buy a winch.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some of you just want to be the devil's advocate, but it doesn't work here.

I work in public schools and some of the responses above remind of the time when a driver complained to our principle that a crossing guard hurt their feeling when she yelled at them for crossing the crosswalk while she was in control of the crossing with her stop sign up. I know this person and she's an excellent guard, but the guy breaking the law got the benefit of the doubt and she got written up; until another parent came to her defense and told the real story. Some of you are trying to find a way to twist what I said, like that driver did to her.

"But she embarrassed me in front of the kids when she yelled at me" But you were driving past a stop sign." But she yelled at me and embarrassed me!"

She was looking out for the kids, I was looking out for a follow Bronco Owner, yet I'm the bad guy?
Damn, some you can't let someone help you out without getting bent or upset. And in the land of the privileged (South OC, CA) this kind of reaction is abundant.
The odd part of this thread is that this could've been an interesting discussion in a small private group. Announcing this to an entire forum, c'mon, it kinda begs an argument from the argumentative, committed and difficult.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why do people care how other people use their vehicle? So what, guy doesn’t go offroad. Maybe he thinks it’s a cool looking car so he wanted to buy it. The overwhelming majority of people that buy Broncos aren’t going to be off-roading them.

Sponsored

ATLien

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
are you allowed to use the word "porter" anymore ? :ROFLMAO:
Not that it should be about being "allowed", but that seemed like an antiquated term to me too. However, I looked it up and that's apparently still what the people who move cars around are called, so fair enough!

On Mall Crawlers: I do get that some never take these off road, but I have no disdain for them. Their money, their vehicle, they deserve to use it how they like. I suspect many are afraid of damage to a new, $60K + vehicle.

I had mine off road a day after driving it home from the dealer, but I do so very carefully. I won't try trails, or obstacles unless I'm 99% sure I can get through with no damage. Anything can happen off-road, but I definitely try to minimize that risk, staying well within the vehicle's
capabilities and mine. I run out of guts long before the Bronco runs out of capability! Then I immediately hit the car wash on the way home, and follow that up with a hand wash the next day.

Don't mind if anyone touches it though, not in the least.

Last edited:

MYNIL8R

Big Bend
First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mines always clean…hmmm. Probably the pilot in me. But it’s certainly not from non use. Plus, I encourage people to check mine out. Even offered it up to another pilot the other night during a rain storm. He was at work on a motorcycle heading home. As much as I like it, it’s still just a thing.
Same. Typically, I ask if they want to look in it.

G1D1UP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why do people care how other people use their vehicle? So what, guy doesn’t go offroad. Maybe he thinks it’s a cool looking car so he wanted to buy it. The overwhelming majority of people that buy Broncos aren’t going to be off-roading them.
Amen brother! Speaking on behalf as a Mallcrawler Spartan, I resemble that remark. For $70K, you bet I'm going to run in front of my Bronc every inch of the road and place fragranted doilies in front of each wheel prior to moving forward! I think the scented candle smell interior and incense exhaust give me away when off-road. Speedbumps at Target are my highest rated obstacles. Wolverines!

SixEighty680

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BadSquatch, 22 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wtf is a porter? never heard the term

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not everyone off roads there vehicles. That doesn’t mean I don’t love my Bronco. And I certainly don’t want to be treated less because I want my vehicle taken care of nicely when it’s at a dealer. That’s precicely why I don’t like going to the dealer
Sponsored